Thread: Flyers blow out Rangers

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Flyers blow out Rangers

Seems pretty unbelievable after last year but the Flyers have beaten the Rangers (with relatively full lineups....Rangers played Jagr, Drury, Gomez, Lundqvist) and Flyers played the whole gang.

score was 5-0. 32 shots for the Rangers, 2 periods against Biron (0-19) and 1 against Niittymaki (0-12). Flyers only had 23. Mike Knuble had 2 goals, 1 assist. Gagne had 3 assists, STEVE DOWNIE had a goal and a fight and played outstanding in the game (he obviously wants a spot on the Flyers and if he keeps this up, he may).

for the Rangers....Lunqvist seemed to be shaky, letting in an awkward Knuble goal (he batted it in from midair), and a save percentage around .750. Jagr had 5 shots. Drury looked robotic.

I watched the game and figured I\'d give some people an update for those that care. Flyers looked very solid although Briere did not have a big impact. Jason Smith had a +2 and looked very solid.

Gagne-Biere-Knuble seems to be clicking well, but the Gomez-Jagr duo does not (at least not in this game). Jagr still appears to be on his game though.

That\'s all, just some random notes from an exciting game...

Post edited by: primeau25, at: 2007/09/22 23:46
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re:Flyers blow out Rangers

did Downie fight Jessiman ?

anyways , it was rather funny as Downie didnt really want to fight but the Ranger player kept on egging him on ....

Downie nailed him with a straight shot to the jaw and the guy went down like a sack of potatoes

I hope Downie makes the team so he can keep the dirty players on the Ranjerks in check (Hollweg ,Avery etc..)

Dobber Sports Expert

downie\'s punch totally destroyed jessiman.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

oh yeah, downie was playing great. id love for him to make the big club this year and i wouldn\'t be THAT surprised if he did. he played well offensively and sorta played like avery with a better ability to fight. i really liked what i saw from him. hopefully 3rd liner this year? we\'ll see....
    e11 team league
    F: Zetterberg, St. Louis, Iginla, Datsyuk, Alfredsson, Arnott, Forsberg, Stillman, Whitney, Knuble, Morrow, Holmstrom, Sakic, Doan
    D: McCabe, Lidstrom, Spacek, Markov, Schneider, Chara, Timonen
    G: Biron, Toskala, Ramo
    2ND PLACE

Dobber Sports Ninja

And Jessiman heads back down to Hartford. I think that\'ll be the last chance for Hugh, too bad, but at least I can finally drop him in my keeper league.