Thread: What are your projections...

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default What are your projections...

...for Tomas Kaberle, Brad Richards, S Gomez, Z Parise, and S. Souray?

How will each fo these five players do this year? Why?
    Will they have more goals, assists and a better +/- or will they become worse? I need to know as I have to select one of them for my team....
    thanks for your help.

typo88

Default Re:What are your projections...

If all the stars align and toronto doesnt get RAVAGED by injuries again, id put Kaberle up for around 60-65 points, this guy is the real deal (not mccabe). Goals/assists about the same as last year.

I have never been a big fan of richards, and signing ouellet is definately not going to solve his problems. I would expect 70-75 point seasons until Feester actually goes out and gets him a winger that can put up 30-35 goals, this would immediately bump his point total up to around 90 pts. Same point totals as last year.

Gomez is good for a 80-90 pt season if he plays the whole year with jagr, hes good for 75-80 if he plays on the second line ?(for some unforseen reason). More assists and goals then last season.

Parise is the man, i can see a low 70\'s season from him, but a pretty high upside if he surplants zubrus for that top line position. More goals, more assists if hes on the top line.

Souray might put up 60-65 points this year, lots of shots and pims, but i am being serious when i say that he could also set a modern record for worste +/-. If he is -28 on a very solid (When compared to edm haha) team in montreal, with a quality goalie in huet, then i wouldnt be suprised seeing a -40 + season this year from souray.

Hope this helps.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re:What are your projections...

Kaberle has 60+ in him this year. If I had to be exact, let\'s say 62. Absolute stud d-man.
    Richards, well, feel sorry for him, 90+ point player given Ouelett and Hlavac to be his wingers. Still good for 82 pts. Better wingers, then he tops 90 easy.
    Gomez could either go high 80s, or mid to high 70s. Depends on Jagr somewhat. I think he goes the high 80s, I really think he will gel nicely with JJ and I think also with Straka getting back on that line (Marcel won\'t last too long, short leash) that line will go well. The biggest threat to Gomez\'s production is Jagr\'s health post Xmas for mine.
    Parise will have a career year no doubt. He will be shooting a hell of a lot more this year, and being a year older, more of those shots are going to go in compared to years past. 35+ goals is very attainable. Another stab, I\'d go 77 points for Zach, super player, will be a very good fantasy LW.
    Souray, I can\'t see why he won\'t do something similar to his Habs days. Montreal relied on him for PP points, so will the Oil. He might be down a couple of goals on last year, but not much. I\'d guess at something around 54 pts, at least 20 goals.