Thread: 4 to choose from

Dobber Sports Novice

Default 4 to choose from

For this year who do you take at forward, can choose 2. Only matters that they are forward and goals and assists are 1 point each.

1. Peter Schaffer - Could be playing along side Savard on top line.
    2. Tomas Fleischmann - Could be playing along side Ovy.
    3. T.J. Hensick - Could be playing second line with Statsny.
    4. Josef Stumpel - Could be top line with Oli in Florida.

Thanks

Post edited by: haner, at: 2007/09/21 01:41

Post edited by: haner, at: 2007/09/21 02:03

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re:4 to choose from

Schaeffer is lazy and Hensick may be a phenom but I suspect not this year - that leaves you two vets who look to be in position to bring home the bacon.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

fleichsman? looked solid in some hi lites, and with ovy, points are going up.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I would go with Stumpel and Hensick.

On another comment, I haven\'t had Dobber say yet the \"don\'t take the pre-season as a preview of the season, just take a look\".

Fleichmann and Hensick do look good, but I don\'t think that they will play all 82 games with Ovechkin and Hejduk.
    QHL Stanley Cup champion 2006-07, 2007-08, 2008-09
    www.thephysicsofhockey.com

Dobber Sports Stud

I think it depends on if you are going to use them in a starting slot or a bench place.

If its a bench spot I would probably go with one of the kids.

if its a starting slot I like Stumpel on a florida team that appears to be much more competitive... but dobber said that already.
    Consider Sim Hockey because guys who play shutdown minutes, deflect shots and clear creases build championships. Yet in fantasy they litter the unwanted UFA lists.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I think the only sure thing here, is that Stumpel will play with Jokinen, will get PP time, and with that his tried and true 50 plus points. If you are willing to play the risk/reward game, them I would suggest that Hensick could have a great year playing with Stastny, and if Fleischman can stick with AO, then the sky is the limit. I fear, however, that coaches in todays NHL, seldom keep their lines together for extended periods, and unless these guys really impress and get the chemistry going, they will be pulled for another able body quickly. Schaeffer, is interesting, he has played top 2 line minutes in Ottawa, and I think he could stick on Savard\'s wing. If that happens, he won\'t miss a beat, in fact, I think he would have a career year. You have to really pre-occupy yourself with the whole picture for these individual teams. Claude Julien is a defensive minded coach, and often times, that comes at the expense of the goal scoring. Colorado, is poised to be a monster on offence, and with his speed, and the fact that he dominated the college ranks, seems like the most likely to stick. My picks would be Hensick and Stumpel.
    'To be is to do' - Socrates....'To do is to be '- Sartre..........
    'To do be do be do' - Sinatra.

15 Team Keeper League - 20 roster spots (4C 4L 4R 6D 2G)
    Point Categories - G A +/- PIMS GAA SV%
    Protect 13-15 *$80 Team cap

C - Bergeron, Zibanejad,
    L - Connor, Marchand, Olofsson
    R - Nylander, Wheeler, Gallagher, Rust
    D - Carlson, Josi, Nurse
    G - Vasilevskiy

Dobber Sports Novice

So what I see so far is no real concensus on who it should be. This is for a starting position, we don\'t have a bench to sit players. I drafted Schaffer and Stumpel because I thought they would be on the first line, but the youth intrigued me as a possible pick up.

This is actually a keeper league but I put it in the one year forum because I am only concerned about this year. I am one of the top three who has a chance to win it all. I don\'t feel that the youth would be able to crack my protected roster, unless they could force Zherdev out.

Looking forward to what Dobber\'s newest release says later today!

Thanks

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Go for the homerun. Fleischmann or Hensick. You can get an average vet later if one doesn\'t pan out.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Dobber Sports Ace

I would take Josef Stumpel and Tomas Fleischmann. They have the best scoring touch and chance to succeed...Schaefer is a third liner with some SHG capabilities, but I don\'t see him staying with Savard all year. Fleischmann is worth the risk, and is less risky than Hensick.
    8 Team Roto League (1-year)
    Cats: G A +/- PIMs PPP SHP SOG SH% HIT BLK GAA SV% SVS W SO
    F: Ovechkin, Stamkos, Giroux, Perry, Tavares, Eriksson, Benn, Jagr, Heatley, Alfredsson, Roy, Hanzal
    D: Phaneuf, Del Zotto, Kulikov, I. White, Goligoski, Niskanen
    G: M. Smith, Emery
    BN: C. Stewart, J. Staal, Read, Brouwer, Ward, Hedberg, Pavelec, Bachman
    IR: Letang, Giordano