Thread: Team Review

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Team Review

Let me know your thoughts on my one year Yahoo pool team.

Must start: 4 C, 4 LW, 4 RW,1 Util 6D + 2G. Only two bench spots.
    Points (G 2, A 1, PPG 2.5, PPA 1.5, SHG 3, SHA 2, GWG 4, SOG .2, FW .1 - skaters) (GS 1, W 2, L -1, GA -.2, SV .2, SHO 5 - Goalies)

C - Lecavalier, Datsyuk, Gomez, Elias, Kopitar, Backstrom
    LW - Zetterberg, Semin, Frolov, Tanguay
    RW - Heatley, Alfredsson, Gaborik, Havlat
    D - Phaneuf, Kaberle, Markov, MA Bergeron, Rozsival, Zhitnik
    G - Kiprusoff, Lehtonen, Budaj

Only 7 teams in the league I must add.
    12 Team H2H - Keep 8+2 NHL Rookies

G(1), A(1), GWG(1), SHG(1), HT(2), W(2), SO(3)

Weekly Line-ups - Start 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

F: Crosby, Stepan, Gaudreau, Puljujarvi, Radulov, Wheeler, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Domi, Fiala, Hertl, A. Nylander, Reinhart, B. Ritchie
    D: Carlson, Giordano, Leddy, Ellis, Maatta, Orlov
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov

09/10 and 10/11 Champion
    08/09 and 11/12 Runner-up

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re:Team Review

that is a ridiculously good team gj

star studded C, pretty good LW, awesome RW (as long as it stays healthy), the only things i might want to try to improve is G. you can easily upgrade that position with a combo of one of your C since you have 6 and 1 of your G not named kipprusoff. i\'m just being picky but otherwise i think your team is awesome.
    9 team One Year Rotisserie League (Daily Rosters with 82 Max Games Played) 40 move limit
    Cats: G A +/- PIM PPG PPP SHP GWG SOG GWG FW HIT BLK W GAA SV SV% SHO
    3C 2LW 2RW 4D 1UTIL 2G 3BN

C McDavid Larkin Dubois Schenn Konecny
    LW Panarin Connor Arvidsson Nichushkin
    RW Marner Necas Buchnevich
    D Fox Burns Pietrangelo Durzi
    G Oettinger Samsonov
    IR+ P. Kane

Dobber Sports Demi-God

The first thing you do is pray that a couple of your wingers get dual eligibility that really helps in a league like yours. Then you pray that Gabbie and Havlat avoid IR.

I like your team but in a 7 team league there are usually few teams not to like.

If you are to win this league it will be on your guys performing to the max and you gaining every small margin you can on player upgrades through trades and FA pick ups - work you butt off with this team all year long and I think you might just do okay.

You didn\'t say whether your league is roto, h2h or points and that can make a difference - also are you required to fill the starting roster positions always or can you run short at one position?

Post edited by: Shoeless, at: 2007/09/20 19:19

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Shoeless wrote:
    The first thing you do is pray that a couple of your wingers get dual eligibility that really helps in a league like yours. Then you pray that Gabbie and Havlat avoid IR.

I like your team but in a 7 team league there are usually few teams not to like.

If you are to win this league it will be on your guys performing to the max and you gaining every small margin you can on player upgrades through trades and FA pick ups - work you butt off with this team all year long and I think you might just do okay.

You didn\'t say whether your league is roto, h2h or points and that can make a difference - also are you required to fill the starting roster positions always or can you run short at one position?<br><br>Post edited by: Shoeless, at: 2007/09/20 19:19
    Sorry should have said...Points league. We only have 1 IR space so we don\'t have to have an active player in the line up no. It just makes you choose if you drop that player or not.

Thanks for the comments guys. I actually thought that my D was the weakest link (Rozsival I\'m not a huge fan of). If I were to trade for another goalie I\'m thinking that I might package Backstrom and Lehtonen for a better, more healthy, goalie.

Could be a long interesting season for this team.

Post edited by: Stannic, at: 2007/09/21 00:12
    12 Team H2H - Keep 8+2 NHL Rookies

G(1), A(1), GWG(1), SHG(1), HT(2), W(2), SO(3)

Weekly Line-ups - Start 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

F: Crosby, Stepan, Gaudreau, Puljujarvi, Radulov, Wheeler, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Domi, Fiala, Hertl, A. Nylander, Reinhart, B. Ritchie
    D: Carlson, Giordano, Leddy, Ellis, Maatta, Orlov
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov

09/10 and 10/11 Champion
    08/09 and 11/12 Runner-up