Thread: big moves? need lots of opinions

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default big moves? need lots of opinions

ok so a guy in my league has finally realised he needs tender help, and while his offer sucked, I talked to him today and found a better situation.

the problem/question becomes...how valuable is fernandez in a 8 team keeper where you only keep 1 goalie. the guy has thomas so it locks up the Bean Town goalies..but he can\'t keep one of them. so now I need to determine what kind of value a player that won\'t be kept really holds.

quick background..I\'ve been leading the pool by 8-10 points for a month but recently lost some ground and have slipped to 2nd place by 1 point. the guy needs goalie help now, and needs a RW too. He\'s a big bruins fan.

I want to move him lucic ryder and manny. and try and get a solid LW back, plus extras. his offer was spezza sykora and legace for ryder and backstrom which I will not even consider obviously.

The chief concern I have is winning right now...but I also want to put myself in a position to win for the next few years.... which so far I have done...my keepers are pretty huge, and I\'ve made big moves to improve them so far.

his team
    C- Spezza, Getz, Zubrus, Ribeiro, Gomez, Marleau, Pavelski
    LW- Parise, Gagne, Heatley, Frolov, mason raymond
    RW- Sykora, Guerin, Gionta, kessel
    D-hainsey, kubina, wideman, robidas, streit, kronwall
    G- legace, Ward, Thomas

he said no moving gagne, parise or getz....so...we\'ll see...but he was the one that suggested heater instead of spezza and fernandez instead of backstrom for his offer...

so can I afford to give up a goalie before luongo comes back? and does he have anyhting I really want that I can find a way to convince him he should move to me???
    Limited Keeper ROTO pool, 10 teams. start full line up
    keep 2C 2L 2R 3D 1G (keepers in caps)
    G A P +/- PIM PPG PPA PPP SOG GWG
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO
    no max games, must have minimum 6 Dmen on roster

E. STAAL, H SEDIN, Lehtera, stepan, vermette (lw)
    D SEDIN, SHARP (c), semin (rw), doan (rw), Johansson (c)
    BACKES (c) KESLER (c), eberle, clowe (lw), grabovski (c,lw)
    SUTER, PHANEUF, GOLIGOSKI, shattenkirk, markov, boychuk, enstrom
    SCHNEIDER, bishop, S. mason, reimer, berra

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Send him Ryder, Lucic and Backstrom for Heatley

Dobber Sports Novice

You might be able to give that owner Fernandez instead of Backstrom (who knows if Luongo\'s injury will linger) as he may have soured on Heatley this year (if he\'s suggesting Heatley instead of Spezza, I bet he has).

If not, I\'m sure you can live without Backstrom with the other goalies you have.
    20team,10keepers
    Scoring Cat - G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHG,SHA,GWG,
    SOG,FW,FL,GS,W,GA,SV,SHO
    C J.Arnott,T.Zajac,D.Bolland
    LW V.Prospal,D.Booth
    RW J.Iginla,J.Pomminville
    W P.Bouchard,D.Clarkson
    F N.Dawes ,T.Hensick,P.Gaustad
    D R.Suter,J.Johnson,W.Mitchell,D.Hamhuis,M.Schneider ,
    K.Russell
    G J.Giguere,J.Harding
    Bench Ja.Williams,M.Peca,C.Giroux,J.Labarbara,C.Phillips
    IR E.Johnson,P.Stastny

Dobber Sports Genius

Okay, I\'ll play devil\'s advocate. I won\'t give you but an old bag of chipped pucks for Fernandez. He\'s injured. He can\'t be kept at the end of the season. Boston - well I guess they are one of the eight teams that we would want this year. If I have Thomas, I know he\'s getting the bulk of the starts. It might not be worth any points to me at all this year to acquire him. Am I going to sit Thomas? If & when this old war horse (Fernandez) gets healthy, he would be good insurance.... as such you best look at the bottom of my roster for returns.

Backstrom & Heatley...

Backstrom has been elite all season. He will probably be in a good situation next season (UFA). Even if he is injured, I want to hang onto him. He\'s been a top 8 goalie all season. Good stuff. You can\'t have him from me cheap.

Heatley, even if he has been poor this year, still averages a point-a-game. That\'s when he\'s in bad form. I consider him easily a top 10 Fantasy player (when wingers are recognized). Age and proven track record are absolutely wonderful. He\'s very, very expensive.

Lucic - interesting kid. I wouldn\'t mind having him around. For Heatley? That\'s an absolute joke. I would only use him some weeks.

Ryder - in an eight team league.... who needs a spare that sits on the bench most every week.

If you want my good stuff, you best be prepared to put some of your good stuff on the table. The deal has to be interesting on the other side too. If it doesn\'t have that potential, then do everyone a favour and don\'t bother sending out the offer. It spoils your chances of making a deal later.

Shoeless suggested Ryder, Lucic, Backstrom - for Heatley. Sure. That looks interesting. He has some stress on the wings and may listen.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

I see that he has a lot of talent on the LW so target those players. Grab Heatley for sure because as mentioned about hes a point per game player in a bad year.
    It looks as though he could use some help on his RW.

Offer him:
    Dumont, Lucic and Backstrom (You could try Fernandez first and see what he says)
    FOR
    Heatley, Frolov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

mostly sound advice, thanks guys. even though it\'s not what I wanted to hear...at least it gives me an idea of what the values are (in your opinions) personally, I know that I won\'t be keeping backstrom anyways...but I think that he still holds a lot of value...possibly more than heatley given the years that each is having....and the bottom line is that heatley doesn\'t look to be a keeper on his team this year...just as backstrom isn\'t one of mine

the other point of course is that I\'m looking to fleece him a little...well...not fleece but definately win the trade...but win the trade for this year..and the future too...

I think that as it stands...this trade that is being suggested would help him more than it helps me and it likely leads to him passing me and maybe even winning the league
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I missed the fine print - did you say he wants Fernandez over Backstrom and he would swap in Heatley for Spezza? If that is the case I would go for it big time.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

not that he wants him more than backstrom...but I think he\'ll consider it... I sent it out with lucic ryder and fernandez for heater. we\'ll see what happens...if it goes..then I pick up kobasew and labarbara...at least until I know big lu is back.
    GS W L GAA SV SV% SHO