Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Morozov...

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Morozov...

What is the word on this guy.Even if he does sign can you expect over 50 points from this guy? What is his current status, how is he doing this year? What makes us believe that he wants to come back to the NHL and for how long? I guess High risk will maybe mean a good reward. I still can\'t see him being a fantasy stud. 50 points at most...??? What do you guys think??? Dobber please help out..
    Zorro...
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

I...am your father.

Default Re:Morozov...

90 points at most.

I think he\'ll come over, probably play 65-70 games for a team (since he was a bandaid boy last time in the NHL) and get 65+ points. That\'s my guess. I tried to get him in both my keeper leagues. Succeeded with one guy (who was napping), but failed with the other - that guy claims Morozov will get 100 points. Obviously he is getting a little carried away...
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He was available in yahoo last season, so I added him and was able to keep him on an \"overseas/retired\" squad this year. I\'m quite happy about that now .

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I\'m really excited about morozov. I have him as a gamble in all my leagues now. Should be interesting. I see no way he doesn\'t do more than 50 pts in a full to 70+ game season. He got 50 pts last time he played over here and that was on a stacked Pitt team. If he gets near the money he wants, he should get plenty of icetime to prove his worth.

If he comes, I am banking on 70 if he plays 70+ games.
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner

Any speculation as to who he signs with? Pitt has been rumored (with being slotted on Malkin\'s line) and supposedly NYR offered him 3 million last year (but that might just be hearsay).

Well it will be very interesting to see what happens with this guy. Who would you compare him to? A player that is in the league right now? Does he play like Kovalev???

Zorro wrote:
    Well it will be very interesting to see what happens with this guy. Who would you compare him to? A player that is in the league right now? Does he play like Kovalev???
    He was similiar to Kovalev during his first stint in the NHL, but most reports say he\'s become a lot more aggressive and focused (as the knock on him previously is that he was somewhat soft).

you seem to know a little bit about this guy veronesepk. How do you think he will do next year? Or first I should ask will he play over here next season...?? Do you think a team would sign him to a 3 year deal or just take their chances and sign him to a 1 year deal??? How old is he??

Zorro wrote:
    you seem to know a little bit about this guy veronesepk. How do you think he will do next year? Or first I should ask will he play over here next season...?? Do you think a team would sign him to a 3 year deal or just take their chances and sign him to a 1 year deal??? How old is he??
    Morozov just turned 30, and he\'s torn up the RSL the past 3 seasons since leaving the NHL. I would say there is at least a 75% chance of him coming over next year as he is supposedly playing in the final year of his contract with AK-Bars right now (this point is disputed, but most think this is correct). He is supposedly making very nice money in Russia (around 3 mil), so he would more than likely need to get an offer comparable to that in the NHL to come over. Russia also has more liberal income tax laws, and that may also play a role.

He is leading the RSL in scoring this year with 83 pts in 53 gamess(and did last year with 48) and will more than likely hold RSL records in Goals and Points scored at the completion of the season (if he doesn\'t already - I don\'t know my RSL records very well). The points leaders in the RSL typically lead the league with points totals that would seem unimpressive in comparison to NHL stats, but averaging a point a game in the RSL is pretty phenomenal. Also, it is of note that overall RSL scoring was up this season. Morozov also led his team AK-Bars to the RSL title last year and he played with Vincent Lecavalier and Ilya Kovalchuk with AK-Bars in 2004-05 due to the lockout.

On another note, He pwned Martin Brodeur on a regular basis during his stint in the NHL.

I would think that his resume is substantial enough that he would require a 3 year deal at 3+ million per or he would more than likely not come over. With that being said, most reports have him wanting to return to the NHL, so that might make his return more amicable in light of contract ramifications.

Post edited by: veronesepk, at: 2007/03/15 20:49

I read a interview near the beginning of this season out of Russia that yes he wants to come to the NHL in 07 and he has talked with the Pens but no details on that.
    I think he should do better than Malkin by a small margin if he comes and plays near a full schedule. I think at least 80 pts on either top line. He will fit right in as he\'s been here before and does not have to acclimate like MAlkin did.
    Look at some of the Pens wingers..Malone, Ekman, Rechhi , Armstrong of that bunch do you keep Rechhi?.. too old.. Malone?..doin diddly.. Ekman?...failed experiment.. Armstrong is the best of a weak bunch..hows Morozov looking now!?
    Then theres Philly bet they have been eyeing him up.
    If he comes over your in clover if he don\'y..oh well.
    I grabbed him!
    Yahoo Keeper Team - STD Cats
    C- Thornton, Backstrom, Kesler, Turris, Savard
    L- Vanek, Burrows, Hartnell, Lucic , Leino
    R- Brown, Pavelski, Ericksson, Holmstrom, Little
    D- Chara, Rafalski, Weber, Edler, Letang, Bieksa,
    G- H. Lundqvist, Miller, Rinne,

Prospects- Bowmman CAR, Glennie DAL, LeBlanc MTL, Ferraro DET, Tangradi PIT, Yip COL, Kuznetsov WAS, Neuvirth WAS

League Champion 07, 08, 09,

Dobber Sports Padawan

When I think of Morozov...only one name comes to mind...Robbie Reichel.

You\'re setting up yourself for years of frustration.
    RFHL: 12 Member League Founded 1989 Rochester, NY
    Limited 10 Positional Player Keeper League
    G, A, PTS, 2W+OL, SV%, GAA
    C: Tavares, Kopitar, BJugstad, Kesler, Fabbri
    LW: Hall, Benn, Voracek, Fabbri
    RW: Seguin, Kessel, Kucherov, MacKinnon
    D: Hedman, Shattenkirk, Fowler, Parayko, S. Jones, Pietrangelo
    G: Price, Murray

Dobber Sports Stud

Bad news for those of you hoping for 90 points from Morozov next season. Last June he signed a three year contract with Ak Bars, with no exit clause. From the Russian Sports Express:

http://www.sport-express.ru/art.shtml?123076

Forward Alexei Morozov, a member of the \'05-\'06 Russian championship team Ak Bars who collected six trophies in the Russian Super League based on his play this past season, signed a new three-year contract with the Kazan club.

\"I weighed the options, where it would be best for me to play. Ak Bars held all of the advantages for me. I didn\'t see any sense in making a change, and because of that, I decided not to wait until July 1st-- when Pittsburgh\'s rights to me in the NHL expire, and I would become an unrestricted free agent overseas. I very much want to win another championship with Ak Bars.\"

\"We still have a definite interest in Morozov\", Pittsburgh GM Ray Shero acknowledged three days ago. \"He\'s a good player, but the entire question is at what cost. In this case, a long-term contract would be a large risk.\"

Translation from: http://beanballinc.blogspot.com/2006...deal-with.html

And from the Russian Hockey Digest:

Q: Alexei, everyone is wondering what kind of contract you signed with Ak Bars: a full one or one with a clause that will allow you to leave for the NHL?

A: A full one. I have decided to remain with Ak Bars. This decision is final. I am perfectly happy with everything in Russia. From good a greater good one should not seek. I did not wait for the 1st of July - the day when Pittsburgh relinquishes my rights and I become a free agent. I no longer saw the point of waiting, and furthermore the management of Ak Bars was very insistent on their will to keep me with the club. I am perfectly happy with my new three-year agreement.

Q: So come the 1st of July you will not be engaging in any negotiations with NHL teams?

A: The likelihood of me playing in the NHL is nonexistent.

Q: But you wanted to return to the NHL and play in the best league in the world...

A: Yes. Indeed, up until a certain moment I badly wanted to return to the NHL. But recently, I realized that I didn\'t want to move anywhere. I don\'t want to suffer from nostalgia (laughing)! And Kazan\', to be honest, is where my soul lies. Here I have an excellent coach and great teammates. The management of Ak Bars - true professionals. During my whole tenure at Ak Bars, I was not faced with a single problem. There lies the answer to your question.

http://www.rushockey.com/events.php?...ews&id=500

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/03/16 00:57

Post edited by: Thieving Giraffe, at: 2007/03/16 01:31
    T.G.

Isn\'t that interview possibly fake? There have been lots of questions about that interview since it was given (as their have been several questionable interviews about Morozov coming out - as was the case with Malkin last summer).

Dobber Sports Rookie

\"From good a greater good one should not seek.\"

How many hockey players talk like this? This guy is freaking Yoda!

I assume the Russian mob just said, \"OK, feel free to go. I hope your plane doesn\'t blow up.\"
    11 Team One Year Yahoo Pool
    G=5, A=5, +/-=2, PP=3, SH=3, GWG=3, W=20, L=-5, SO=10

C= H. Sedin, Forsberg, McDonald, Marleau, Arnason
    LW= Malkin (C), Vanek, Prospal (C)
    RW= Marian Hossa, Gaborik, Selanne
    D= Gonchar, Whitney, McCabe, Bouwmeester, Boucher
    G= Luongo, Nabokov, Smith

the Million Dollar question, will Morozov come over from the darkside. HAHA.. Yoda.....<< now thats good material...

If a player is tearing up the RSL like he is I can expect nothing but points from this guy when he comes to play in the NHL. He wants to come here for the celebrity status and to get noticed by the world. But at 30 years of age, how much will he get or can he do....?? I hope to find out soon..