Thread: D.Sedin and D.Boyle for Toews and Brassard

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default D.Sedin and D.Boyle for Toews and Brassard

Who wins? obviously it\'s a keeper league and i need goals bad, but i dont want these two future stars to haunt me in 2 years
    14 Team Keeper -YahooRoto- Keep 10
    3C-Toews-Thornton-Henrique-Scheifele-Sam Bennett
    3LW-Sedin-Galchenyuk-Kucherov-Hertl-Moulson
    3RW-Nyquist-Vrbata-Downie-T.Wilson-Etem
    5D-OEL-Byfuglien-J.Carlson-Goligoski-Klingberg-Severson-
    2G-Bishop-Luongo-Andersen-Pickard-Greiss-Kinkaid-Hackett
    G,A,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHG,GWG,W,GAA,SP,SHO

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I would take the Sedin/Boyle side 100 times out of 100 in just about any league you throw at me.

Dobber Sports Initiate

If this trade puts you over the top then I say you should go for it. If any doubt remains that you\'ll win this year, I might stay away, because in 1-3 years, the end you\'re giving up will be MUCH more valuable than what you\'re receiving.

Winning is what its all about though, so this might help you a lot considering Brassard\'s injury.
    Currently drafting keeper

12 team roto, daily lineups

G,A,PPP, +/-, PIM, SOG, Faceoff Wins

W, SO, GAA, SV%

C: Tavares, Zajac, Brassard, Filppula
    LW: Parise, Clowe, Penner, Bourque
    RW: Hemsky, Giroux, Alfredsson, Radulov
    D:Myers, Yandle, Carle
    G: Rinne, Ward, Gustavsson

Farm: Filatov, Hodgson, Wilson, Skinner, Grabner, Sbisa, Moore, Stepan

Dobber Sports Apprentice

If you are looking for long-term I would say Toews and Brassard mop the floor with Sedin and Boyle. If Brassard can stay healthy he will be an 80+ guy as a pure goal scorer. As far as looking at the other 3, only one would qualify as half of a franchise building pair: Crosby/Malkin Getzlaf/Perry Carter/Richards Oveckin/Semin Kane/TOEWS.
    There are things known, and things Unknown. In between are The Doors...

Dobber Sports Genius

Managers that consistently get the D. Sedin/D. Boyle side of this deal are consistently the guys at the top of the pool in Fantasy.

Sedin is the fifth highest scoring LW in Fantasy over the last three years. He\'s a bit under the radar for what he\'s achieved. Zetterberg had outscored him by about a dozen points over the same time period heading into this season. Lots of rope left on this kid. You know he\'s always going to have a reasonable centreman in Vancouver or elsewhere. He\'s in the 80-90 window.

D. Boyle. Okay, whine about his being long on the tooth. He is clearly one of the top 5 D in Fantasy. San Jose should be a wonderful fit for a number of years. Should all the cards fall into place, he could win a Norris Trophy. I personally like 60 point D-men.

Toews. Well, of course you\'ve got to love Toews. Young, putting up some nice numbers. A leader. Some great guys in Chicago... Might do this, might do that, might, might... might get stuck at 70 points and make Team Canada in that role.

Brassard. He\'s not the nice all round feature that Toews is. He\'s a roll high or fall off the map kind of prospect. A 1/2 ice player specializing in finishing. I like him a bunch. Some of these guys work out awesome. Some of these guys look a lot like Kyle Wellwood! He clearly comes with risk. I think he\'s better than Kyle Wellwood. I suspect that there will be an 80 point season in his future. He has a lot of continued growth to achieve if he truly wants to enjoy his NHL career. We\'re all wondering a little bit about how he stands up to the grind at the moment too!

Downside is probably 10 good to great seasons with Sedin & Boyle. That\'s a pretty high arrangement! Acquiring these two also goes a long way in allowing one to WIN NOW! I like that theory!