Thread: V.Kozlov? (or Nylander?!)

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default V.Kozlov? (or Nylander?!)

Hey Guys,

Just read a post that V.Kozlov seems to be Ovechkin\'s center now?
    (Pick him up?)

From what I originally saw a few days/weeks back, it seemed that Nylander would be centering both guys, now Nylander is getting bumped into the 2nd line between Semin and Backstrom?

If this is legit, do we bump up V.Kozlov over Nylander? Does Backstrom take a bounce because he is no longer playing the center/playmaker role as much?

If Nylander really does slide to the 2nd line, wouldn\'t that make Kozlov worth more than him, or does the Semin/Backstrom line still make Nylander a worthy #2 fantasy center? (our would Kozlov suddenly become the better #2 option?)

I was very high on Nylander this year and am curious to hear what the great minds and ears have to say.

- -
    Stats: G A PPP SHP PIM +/- GWG FW (goalie W GAA SV% SHO)
    12Team - H2H - WEEKLY changes -
    *keeper - Hybrid 1yr/Keeper league

Dobber Sports Ninja

Default Re:V.Kozlov? (or Nylander?!)

Don\'t overvalue V.Kozlov, after all he\'s still V.Kozlov. If you think he\'s going to stay with OV, bump him up 5-10 points to about 55-60 pts.

Nylander will still get his points on the PP with Ovechkin and about 75-80 pts overall even if he\'s not a regular linemate of OV. Nylander-Semin-Backstrom doesn\'t seem like it would be lacking much in talent!

I\'m down on Backstrom for this season (still like his long term value). I predict only 45-50 points for this season.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Even if these lines stick (and who knows if they will), Nylander should still outscore Kozlov, since Nylander and Ovechkin will probably play together on the #1 PP unit. However, this would mean a slight decrease (10 points?) to Nylander\'s projected totals and of course would mean a huge boost to Kozlov\'s potential numbers. Even if they start the season like this, I\'d be surprised to see the lines the same come November/December.

Dobber Sports Expert

has Kozlov ever been consistent enough to make us Nylander owners worried about something like this?

Dobber Sports Genius

I still think that Nylander will be a mile in front of Kozlov !

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I only questioned Nylanders value in relation to his projected stats taking a 10 point bite. Didn\'t know if Ovechkin would have added enough to Kozlov to make him worthwhile... that\'s all I guess?

- -
    Stats: G A PPP SHP PIM +/- GWG FW (goalie W GAA SV% SHO)
    12Team - H2H - WEEKLY changes -
    *keeper - Hybrid 1yr/Keeper league

Dobber Sports Master

I really liked the big guy on the islanders last year and was hoping they could sign him to an extension.

the one problem I see with him and the caps is his speed .it takes him a little while to get up to snuff and that could prove to his undoing on a line with Ovechkin

Nylander should score at least 15-25 goals and crank out 50+ assists

repenttokyo wrote:
    has Kozlov ever been consistent enough to make us Nylander owners worried about something like this?

Dobber Sports Apprentice

i wouldnt be getting crazy on the kozlov wagon but if i cud get him fairly cheap or draft him later i wud and have. i think he is a definite guy to surprise this year and given the players around him could be in for his best year to date. not to say anything bad about the non-canadian players but it sure seems a happy russian is a good russian and kozlov sure seems to be happy.
    H2H Points
    Protect- roster:18 + prospects:7
    F- Tavares, M.Richards, Lecavalier, Kovalchuk, Horton, Hossa, Purcell, Hartnell, Pominville, Simmonds
    D- Doughty, Hedman, Boyle, Meszaros, Wideman
    G- Fleury, Halak, Vokoun

Prospects-
    F- Bowman, Coyle, Adam, Zibenajad, Geoffrion
    D- Savard, Wishart
    G- Hackett, Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Nylander by far. Lines are made and broken daily. If Kozlov doesn\'t produce right away he could move down quick.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

A lot of Caps fans (and I agree) seem to think that these will be the final top 2 lines:
    Ovechkin-Nylander-Clark
    Semin-Backstrom-Kozlov

The top line looks great -- Nylander\'s a great setup man, Ovie\'s obviously a great sniper, and there\'s enough physical presence on that line to undress half of the defenders in the league.

The second line intrigues me as well. While not amazing, Kozlov is more of a talent than Washington\'s had on their 2nd line in awhile. Semin-Backstrom is another winning sniper/playmaker combo as well, and eventually I\'m sure Backstrom will step up to Ovie\'s line.
    http://pfhl.adrstudios.com -- the coolest league around.
    Counts all offensive/defensive stats except pims
    12-team H2H weekly points league, 2LW/2RW/2C/4D/2G

LW: Ovechkin, Vanek, Prospal
    C: Savard, Getzlaf, Frolik
    RW: St. Louis, Doan, Hossa
    D: Green, Niedermayer, Kaberle, Goligoski, Letang
    G: Miller, Steve Mason, Osgood
    Farm: Hodgson, Tangradi, Markstrom, Neuvirth

Dobber Sports Prodigy

The good thing about this, is that you can go after Nylander whose price has seemingly dropped now, coz he won\'t start with Ovechkin, so if you have the confidence that Kozlov won\'t stick, then go grab Nylander cheap. You mightn\'t need Nylander, but its essentially a free upgrade, unless your worst centre is someone like Briere, which in that case, you\'re probably super weak at winger or something and have other things to do than upgrade one of your centres.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I actually think this really improves backstroms value. If he could get winger status... all the better I say!
    08-09 (Before Ownership): DHL Stars
    Fisher, Fehr, Hagman, Stoll, Dubinsky, Zubrus, Brule, Boyd, Stempniak, Bergeron, HIggins, Nylander, Langkow, Bourque, Burrows, Pyatt, Crombeen, Hunwick Ohlund, Salo, Bergeron, Thomas, Quick, Ersberg, LaBarbera, Raycroft

12-13 (Present): DHL Capitals
    Heatley, Semin, Vanek, Roy, Ribeiro, Kessel, Couture, Turris, Kopitar, Marleau, Hossa, Pominville, Conacher, Nyquist, Silfverberg, Rajala, Arcobello, Karlsson, Green, Enstrom, Wisniewski, Ellis, Elliott, Murphy, Brennan, Benoit, Fleury, Bryzgalov, Elliott, Nabakov, Lehner