Thread: Keepers Already?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Keepers Already?

Over the past 2 years I have made a lot of trades (17) and waiver wire moves. (Some were bad, some were good). In a keeper with friends, was always told that a team couldn\'t win more than 2 years in a row, so I decided to try to build a team that had that chance. Curious on if I might be ready to stop trading and fiddeling and see if it comes out.

10 teams, start 12 F (no positional), 6 D, 2G
    Keep 14 (any position)
    F & D -- G=2, A=1, PPG =1, GWG=1, SHG=1, PPA=.5, 5 PIM = 1
    G -- W=2, SO =5, Shootout W or L = 1
    (the shootout thing I voted against, seemed silly, and Goalies are the least valuable in this league - I wanted wins to go to 3)

I won\'t win next year unless some luck plays into it. In the middle of the pack right now.

For sure keepers (I think)
    Price
    Green
    EJ
    Doughty
    Malkin
    Vanek
    Carter
    Kopitar
    Stastny
    Mueller
    O\'Sullivan
    Turris

So that leaves me with 2 spots left, also curious on the final 2 spots

A. Kostitsyn
    Radulov
    Lupul
    Coburn
    Gilbert
    Letang
    Quincey
    Rinne
    Pitkanen

Rads will be kept if he comes back, then probably AK.

thoughts, opinions? thanks all.

Administrator

Default Keepers Already?

Radulov and AK are probably the easiest to choose, but a couple of guys really intruige me here.

First is Rinne, I\'ve been critical of him all year because I don\'t think he\'ll outright steal the starting job, THIS YEAR. Maybe I\'ve just made up my mind that the Nashville job can\'t be that unstable every year, but I guess I\'ve already lost on that one. In any case, I like Rinne\'s future he could definitely be a good one moving forward. I don\'t know if it\'s possible to get a better tender in your draft but if not, then Rinne is one to consider.

Lupol is the other guy who really impresses on me. I\'m unsure as to what the future holds for him in Philly. Do they plan on him being a part of their top 6 in the future or is he going to be one of the guys who gets cut loose as they solidify their core around Carter and Richards. Lupol has 40 goal potential if he can ever put it together for a full season, that\'s more than I can say for AK.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Keepers Already?

I would definately go AK and Rads. Even if Rads decides to play one more year in Russia. I would still hold onto him.
    Z..
    Zorro says "vote for Dobber"
    Angus is my best friend at dobberhockey..

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Keepers Already?

yeah it\'s AK and Rads here. i\'d go with Rinne i guess if Rads doesnt return but i suspect he\'s going to.

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Keepers Already?

I have been offered his Frolik and 10th for my 2nd and 4th.

I think this would be probably good if Rads doesn\'t come back, but if he does then I guess I\'d have to drop AK. Just don\'t know if it\'s worth it.

I probably should have put this in the trade section, but since I had this already here and it\'s also a question of my keepers, I left it.

(I also picked up S.K. on the waiver wire, so if I did do this I\'m thinking between AK and SK I should be able to at least get a 4th back.)

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Keepers Already?

The guy is probably going to drop Frolik so I wonder what the value in making this move is?

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Keepers Already?

The guy is actually in a youth mode and will be keeping Frolik if he doesn\'t trade him.. at least that\'s what I get when looking at the rest of his team. I\'m thinking he\'s wanting picks to trade for drafting Tavares next year if he doesn\'t win our draft lottery.

Whenever I lose objectivity on a player, I post up here to get some reason back.

thanks shoeless +1

The Great One

Default Keepers Already?

You could regret losing Rads so I think you gotta stick with him.

I wouldn\'t do that other trade. Frolik COULD end up being better but AK is more proven and still has decent potential. Either way its not a huge upgrade- keep the picks.

You have a good young core but they may take awhile to bear fruits. Id really tone down on the moves now, as there really is no way to get younger and still better your team. You could end up in the infinite re-build trap...

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Keepers Already?

Thanks Emu +1, that\'s what I needed to hear. I got really trade happy for a while, now I just need to wait and draft older consistent guys that may get dropped to make up for the inconsistencies of youth.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Default Keepers Already?

Just one little point and that is to not overlook Letang in Pittsburgh. He could have the potential to be a point per game d-man very shortly if after the injury to Gonchar causes him to have reaccuring problems leading to retirement and Pittsburgh lets a few veterans walk (Scuderi in 2 years, Gill, Eaton and Boucher next year). Letang still has some work to do but I think he is a better PP guy than there other young guns. One thing is for sure and that is Goligoski, Whitney and Letang will be moochers for the next few seasons for sure with Crosby and Malkin getting 100 points per season each.

Not a big fan of Radulov either as it is very likely we are looking at another Alexei Morozov who comes over for the money then goes home as he doen\'t like the contact.
    12 team keeper league, points only(1 point per G/A, 2W+1SO)
    12F 6D 3G roster + Prospect list
    F) Malkin, Backstrom, Getzlaf, Parise, Staal, Krejci, Whitney, Brown, Briere, Erat, Michalek, Vermette
    D) Green, Kaberle, Zidlicky, Chara, Myers, Seabrook
    G) Miller, Halak, Leclaire
    Prospects) Varlamov, Franson, Del Zotto, Colborne, Markstrom, Eller, B.Schenn, Fowler, Hall, Gudbranson, Niederreiter, Spooner