rw; kessel, callaghan, cole, paranteau
    d; chara, seabrook, souray, leddy, markov, s elliott
    g; rinne, elliott
    bench; garon, giguerre, hodgson, orpik, d roy
    ir; nobody, yet

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re:bryzgalov...where?

I have a feeling he goes nowhere.

I think they want insurance for Giggy, who seems to be getting hurt often recently.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I don\'t know Narduch - Hiller looks good and cap space is going to be tight if the Selanne-Neids thing doesn\'t end in retirement - he\'s a starter and they likely can get some good stuff in return. Most pundits having him going and I tend to think it will happen.

Where he would go is a mystery to me - other than Phoenix, Tampa and Columbus who all could use a good goaltender. Never considered Washington with Ollie so durable and good but there is some merit in the idea because of his age. Do they have anyone hot in the pipeline?

Dobber Sports Star

i drafted bryz months ago expecting a trade. it hasnt happened yet.
    so i dealt him for a decent draft pick and picked up some other garbage goalies who may get lucky
    One day I will quit fantasy hockey, today is not that day.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He\'s a $1.0 cap hit...the teams now go for .5 to .7 hundred thou for back-up goalies due to cap. He\'ll go I think just where? He actually will be up to $1,4 mill next yr. If Neids comes back like I think he will after camp there goes the cap.
    Yahoo Keeper Team - STD Cats
    C- Thornton, Backstrom, Kesler, Turris, Savard
    L- Vanek, Burrows, Hartnell, Lucic , Leino
    R- Brown, Pavelski, Ericksson, Holmstrom, Little
    D- Chara, Rafalski, Weber, Edler, Letang, Bieksa,
    G- H. Lundqvist, Miller, Rinne,

Prospects- Bowmman CAR, Glennie DAL, LeBlanc MTL, Ferraro DET, Tangradi PIT, Yip COL, Kuznetsov WAS, Neuvirth WAS

League Champion 07, 08, 09,

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

He wont be going to Phx with all the garbage goaltenders they have signed. They are obviously hoping they get lucky with one of the 6 they have on the go. I think Tampa is a solid assumption. They have a couple of good pospect goalies in Ramo and Hilenius so they could use Bryzgalov for a couple years while they progress into legitimate starters.
    Points Only, H2H, #1
    C - Stamkos, Toews, Berglund, Bailey, Colborne
    LW - Neal, Burrows, J. Jokinen, MacArthur, Fleischmann
    RW - Gaborik, Kessel, Stafford, Hornqvist, Wheeler, Doan, Tedenby
    D - Doughty, Visnovsky, Whitney, Weber, Goligoski, Letang, Larsson
    G - Thomas, Rinne, S. Mason, Bernier, Rask

Points Only H2H, #2
    C - Thornton, Spezza, Koivu, Carter, Gomez
    LW - Ovechkin, Neal, Elias, S. Kostitsyn, Ennis
    RW - Kane, Hemsky, Hossa, Perry, Doan
    D - Weber, Boyle, Gonchar, Markov, Rundblad, Elliot
    G - Luongo, Bryzgalov, Elliot, Salak, Bernier

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I\'m just highly cynical because we spent all last season hearing about how both Toskala and Bryz would be traded, and neither of them were.

And while the Selanne and Nieds situations complicate things, as long as one of them really does retire, the Ducks will be fine in terms of cap space.

Dobber Sports Pro

Shoeless wrote:
    I don\'t know Narduch - Hiller looks good and cap space is going to be tight if the Selanne-Neids thing doesn\'t end in retirement - he\'s a starter and they likely can get some good stuff in return. Most pundits having him going and I tend to think it will happen.

Where he would go is a mystery to me - other than Phoenix, Tampa and Columbus who all could use a good goaltender. Never considered Washington with Ollie so durable and good but there is some merit in the idea because of his age. Do they have anyone hot in the pipeline?
    Washington has Neuvirth and Varlamov coming up the pipeline, who should battle for the starter spot come 2 or so years from now. Getting Bryz isn\'t a priority atm for them.

I do like Hiller on Anaheim, though, so I figure Bryz will get moved. Hiller\'s too expensive(well, if he hits incentives) not to become the backup.

Also, if somehow both goalies in Colorado flop, or if somehow Brodeur goes down with injury, I can See Bryz being moved there as well.
    ZFHL
    ------------
    Ovechkin-Couture-Kovalchuk
    Benn-Ott-Eriksson
    Halischuk-Berglund-S.Thornton
    Bowman-Legwand-Mitchell
    Faulk-Orlov
    Martin-Y.Weber
    Wilson-Smid
    Niemi

Butler,Horak,Nodl,Omark,Bartulis, Carson,Demers,Staios,Garon,Schneider

PROSPECTS
    Nyquist,Bennett,Guptill,Haula,Knight, Kristo,Ranford,Rieder,Sundher,Barberio
    Dumoulin,Deslauriers,Janosik,Klefbom
    Ness,Sproul,Vatanen,Poulin

Dobber Sports Stud

Hello spitball \'et al\'

I do think that Bryzgalov will get traded. They will give Giguere time to recover from the sports hernia surgery, play Bryzgalov, increasing Bryz\'s value. I also like Hiller a lot. He could be the starter in Anaheim in 2 years, or sooner, depending on Giguere\'s health issues.

Personally, I would love to see Bryzgalov in Los Angeles. I don\'t think Burke would do that because of the division thing but he would be a great fit for that team and their goaltending situtation is no clearer. They need Bernier to come through.

Washington would be a nice fit for Bryzgalov as well. Good young team. Washington does have Neuvirth and Varlamov, as mentioned. Varlamnov did not look good in the Super Series. I think his value dropped significantly, albeit he didn\'t have much around him.

Don\'t give up on Bryzgalov. Patience, it will pay off.

My thoughts.

I...am your father.

narduch wrote:
    I have a feeling he goes nowhere.

I think they want insurance for Giggy, who seems to be getting hurt often recently.
    He\'s going. Hiller does look good and Bryzgalov will be a UFA in the summer (didn\'t buy my pool guide? You\'d know these things!!)

He would do very well in Columbus and the Jackets would re-sign him too. LeClaire is not the answer there and he gets hurt too much.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Dobber, always whoring his pool guide :P

Of course I bought it.

But just because a player being traded is \'guaranteed\', it doesn\'t mean it will happen. It does take two to tango.

Plus, I think people need to be careful what they wish for. Bryzgalov could get traded and end up on a crappy team, ruining his value for the near future.

Remember last season, when everyone was convinced Nabokov was being moved from San Jose? Trading in real life isn\'t like trading in your fantasy pool. If that was the case, Gerber wouldn\'t be in Ottawa anymore.

Post edited by: narduch, at: 2007/09/18 11:31