Thread: A Christmas Miracle Perhaps?

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default A Christmas Miracle Perhaps?

Ok, so it\'s a new day and I have a new trade offer. Why I do this anymore is beyond me, but im gonna give it a shot anyway:

Evgeni Malkin & Patrick Marleau for My Nicklas Backstrom, Devin Setoguchi, Shea Weber & Pekka Rinne

Am I nuts or would I be a genius to pull this off? Defense and Goaltending are his biggest weakness, so I thought i\'d give this a shot.

The Magnificent One

i say take it and try to get your league to turn into a keeper league...

maybe ask for a throw in dman that he is going to drop to make the deal happen just so you run with 4dmen.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Kinda depends on when your H2H playoffs run - in Yahoo the Pens aren\'t very attractive for their schedule at that time - Marleau for Backstrom would be nice though. I have Crosby in a 1 year H2H and I am already plotting how to get a couple of players from favourable playoff schedule teams sometime in the new year.

Dobber Sports Sage

I\'d do it moreso in a keeper league than a 1 year league...but I\'d still go for it.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

My whole thought is that Nashville sucks, so I might as well deal Weber while the value is still high. I\'d also have to outright drop Rinne when Luongo gets back. Take them out of the equation and that leaves this as the trade:

His Malkin and Marleau for Backstrom and Setoguchi.

I think that\'s a huge improvement for minimal loss.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Im also thinking of another trade:

Eric Staal & David Krejci for Pavel Datsyuk

My only reasoning is that the other guy just lost Stastny, so it leaves him with Datsyuk and Nathan Horton. Giving Staal and Krejci gives him a potential stud and a depth center(possible breakout star?) and I obviously get quality to replace my #1 & #3 centers.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I can see you point on the first trade and if you can pull it off then I think you should - Malkin is an easy flip when you get into the end of January with a mind to the playoffs.

I like your last trade idea quite well.