Thread: Pavel Kubina Worth a Roster Spot?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Pavel Kubina Worth a Roster Spot?

Is he really? I mean, the guy is an idiot on the ice as far as hockey sense. He doesnt produce much and im getting tired of him.

G A +/- PIM PPG SHG GWG FOW HAT SOG HIT

Thats what we use in our league. But i dont think i would actually use a keeper spot on him.

So i was looking thru the WW and we dont have much on there. I mean, we have some decent young prospects on IR and a few Vets. Guys like Poti ive thought about. Edler.

Jack Johnson, LA IR
    Craig Rivet, Buf, IR
    Brad Stuart, Det
    Sergei Zubov, Dal, IR
    Alexander Edler, Van
    Tom Poti, Wash
    Keith Ballard, Fla
    Cam Barker, Chi
    Johnny Oduya, NJ
    Erik Johnson, STL, IR
    Keith Yandle, Pho
    Andrew Ference, Bos, IR
    Anton Volchenkov Ott DTD
    Colin White, NJ
    Aaron Johnson, Chi, IR

And theres others, those are the most notable.

Anyone have any suggestions?

My D now are Blake, Jovonoski, Seabrook and Kubina.
    14 team H2H Keeper league.

Center: J. Carter, V. Lecavalier, J. Spezza, S. Stamkos

Wingers: J. Benn, L. Eriksson, N Horton, M. Hossa, N. Filatov, W. Wolski, Ju. Williams

D: V. Hedman, A. Goligoski, C. Barker, B. Campbell

G: S. Mason, P. Rinne, D. Ellis

SCORING: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, HAT, HIT, SOG, PPP, SHP. Wins, SV, SO, GAA, SV %

Dobber Sports Stud

Seabrook and Kubina bring about the same qualities to your team. A decent amount of points and a whack-load of PIM. However, the difference between them is that Kubina gets better PP time than Seabrook, so Kubina will have a better output for points.

It depends what you want with the 4th defensemen. More points? more PIM? Give Barker a good look because he\'s getting good looks on the PP, where I would drop Seabrook for him.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Not sure whether you have an IR spot but I would be pretty quick to tuck Eric Johnson into the fold if it didn\'t impinge upon your this year\'s performance. Yandle is putting up decent numbers at the moment so I like him - Barker might bear consideration as a Kubina replacement as well for this season.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I do have a free IR spot to use, Sturm and Horton just came off IR. But in ESPN, you have to have a free bench spot, then move the player to IR.

So to get Johnson, i would need to drop someone, then add Johnson, move him to IR and then sign someone back again.

My forwards are good right now, noone i would drop. I have Carter, Crosby, Hossa, Loui Erickson, Sykora, Sturm, Horton, J. Staal, Tanguay and Berglund.

On D, Blake and Jovo need to stay. Seabrook i havent thought of dropping, id rather drop Kubina.

So i could drop Kubina, pick up Erik Johnson and put him on IR and then pickup one of those guys above like Yandle, Barker, Ballard, Poti, etc.

Wingers: J. Benn, L. Eriksson, N Horton, M. Hossa, N. Filatov, W. Wolski, Ju. Williams

SCORING: Goals, Assists, +/-, PIM, GWG, FOW, HAT, HIT, SOG, PPP, SHP. Wins, SV, SO, GAA, SV %

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Maybe this thread was good motivation, he already scored tonite on the PP, lol.

But really, im still considering letting him go. Maybe i could trade him. Maybe i dont like him because hes a Leaf, im not sure. Cause i know he gets alot of PP time and isnt the worst Dman around but i just dont like him.

But ill need more input before i do it.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Basically I agree with what Shoeless is saying. Pick up Erik Johnson, drop Kubina, then pick up Barker.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket