Thread: Patrick Eaves

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Patrick Eaves

In my opinion, he has been the biggest disappointment this year...I mean, the guy is handed the plum assignment of playing with Heatley and Spezza and instead of picking up the ball and running with it...he chokes big time!!! And now with less than 20 games left in the season, he finds himself and healthy scratch losing playing time to guys like Saprykyn and Schubert...Needless to say, I plan on dropping him next year unless someone can convince me otherwise...

I...am your father.

Default Re:Patrick Eaves

Next year: 40-45 points
    Year after: 60 points
    Going forward: 55-60 points, upside 65. If that\'s worthwhile in your pool, then keep him, if not - I think he may have value as tradebait, perhaps for a draft pick. That\'s what I plan to do with him.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Novice

Dobber,

Thanks for the advice. I\'m currently in last place in my pool and the only reason being is that I\'m in a major rebuilding stage. I mean my team\'s average age is probably less than the legal drinking age in the U.S. I currently own Crosby, Brule, Radulov, J. Staal, Phanuef, Bouwmeester, M. Staal, Little, Hudler, Higgins, Kronwall, Weiss, Bouchard, Seabrook, and Coburn to name a few. Our team sizes range anywhere from 25 to 33 players. I have 7 draft picks in next year\'s draft and so I have to drop 7 players. Out of this list of 10, which three are worth keeping for next year?

P. Cajanek (ST.L)
    T. Arnason (COL)
    T. Hunter (NYI)
    S. Samsonov (MON)
    P. Eaves (OTT)
    A. Miettinen (DAL)
    J. Vasicek (CAR)
    T. Gleason (CAR)
    A. Stewart (FLA)
    A. Picard (CBJ)

Thanks.

I...am your father.

Arnason, Samsonov, and Eaves. I would then use Arnason and Eaves to try and get an eighth and ninth draft pick and completely re-vamp my squad at the draft.
    Samsonov would have to sit on my reserve list and hope for a turn-around next year, as he will not give you value in a deal...but nor should he be dropped.
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Novice

Thanks for the advice Dobber. Just wondering why you think I should drop Picard from CBJ? Do you think there\'s a chance that he could be a top six forward and play with the likes of Nash, Brule, Vyborny, or Brassard? I know that he\'s a Hitchcock favorite and I was thinking that that may be enough to land him a spot on CBJ\'s top six next year.