Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Turris / Gagner

Della Madonna

Default Re:Turris / Gagner

Hello,

Personaly i rather invest on gagner then kane. i can see gagner\'s game translate better in the NHL then kane. they both have skills but the fact is that Kane is a smaller player that counts allot. He wont be abble to fly by a 6 foot 4 225 pounds defenders that will take his body down and crush his 160 pound frame into the board like in the juniors, he will get hit and hit hard. I just dont think he will be ablle to get the beating. he still as and probably will have a 16 year old body for a long time that wont permit him to do what he did in the OHL. Gagner at 5 10 and 190 pounds,he is a smart player, he as skils, good work ethics and he his physicaly more NHL ready then Kane, if kane add a better shape then kane would be the man. Its not everyday that you find a briere who is bigger then Kane. The NHL did change but not to an extent that a 5 foot 9 and 160 pound guy can do what ever he wants. he will get hurt i think he his still fragile and will always be a fragile player as small player are ususualy.

Maybe im wrong but i rather invest on a safer pic that can give me a little bit less points then a player that as a body that is more at risk of getting injured. Either way you still get a great player by picking gagner over kane. This is my way of seeing this, im not a pro small player as they often get injured.

this is my opinion.

thanks
    MDM

Dobber Sports Initiate

This thread is making my respect for this great forum drop...
    a lot of the input has been way off base and completely overvaluing the results from the Super Series...
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Ninja

Bobby Beautiful wrote:
    What on earth would give that impression - that Kane benefitted more from Gagner. All you gotta do is harken back to the \'07 WJC, when a just turned 18 yr old Kane dominated a 19yr old tourney. And he dominated, even more so than Mueller. It\'s rare that a draft eligible player dominates this particular tourney, and boy did he ever. Gagner? A complete non factor. He is simply not in the same class, that doesn\'t mean he doesn\'t have potential. Furthermore, no way gagner ever sniffs 100 pts in the NHL...EVER!
    Why on earth would you assume that this was my impression when I just finished saying that I heard someone else saying this?

Dobber Sports Ninja

pudge wrote:
    This thread is making my respect for this great forum drop...
    a lot of the input has been way off base and completely overvaluing the results from the Super Series...
    That\'s unfortunate. I hear there\'s a great forum over at hockeybuzz. That is if you don\'t mind people yelling at each other and discussions on made up trade rumours.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

doulos wrote:
    Bobby Beautiful wrote:
    What on earth would give that impression - that Kane benefitted more from Gagner. All you gotta do is harken back to the \'07 WJC, when a just turned 18 yr old Kane dominated a 19yr old tourney. And he dominated, even more so than Mueller. It\'s rare that a draft eligible player dominates this particular tourney, and boy did he ever. Gagner? A complete non factor. He is simply not in the same class, that doesn\'t mean he doesn\'t have potential. Furthermore, no way gagner ever sniffs 100 pts in the NHL...EVER!
    Why on earth would you assume that this was my impression when I just finished saying that I heard someone else saying this?
    sorry doulos, guess I assumed because you typed it, you felt it.
    No worries, it\'s all good...we\'re all entitled to our opinions, some of course being more logical than others...B)

Dobber Sports Ninja

No worries, my reply was a bit short, I wrote that after a long night of drafting hockey players and not enough sleep.

I\'m actually projecting Turris to be the best player in this year\'s draft, but we\'ll see what happens.

Dobber Sports Initiate

I dont know how this thread got started onto Gagner and Kane, Im assuming that the guy who started this thread has the 2nd overall pick and projects Kane to be taken first. I believe Turris is the better player but after watching Gagner play with Hemsky its closer then it looked on draft day.