Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Turris / Gagner

Della Madonna

Default Turris / Gagner

Hello,

I have Turris / Gagner available to me.

this is pretty hard for me, I saw the Canadan Serie oup i mean
    Super series and to be honest i think they are neck to neck in my book. BOth player have skills, i really like gagner something always happends when he is on the ice he can deliver a a pass and score in abondance. Turris is a complete foward that can score and pass the puck like no other in that competition but Gagner really as a flair to produce point but turris seems destined to greather things. Gagner ad a training of NHL caliber all his life and that count for allot in my book for work ethics and disipline he as the genes and hockey gene are always a plus for me.
    Turris drives the net like no other and his size a plus compare to gagner, he never quite. Gagner in EDM was is dream to play for a canadian team and Turris in PHO i dont think it was his dream.

i dont know who to pick, before the super serie was a Turris guy now that im undesided. I had planned to draf Gagner later but now that he is MVP ihe is probably at the top of every poolies list.

any comments or advaice will be greatly appriciated.

Thanks

MDM

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Re:Turris / Gagner

I am in the same boat as you, before the Super Series i had Turris way above Gagner. I noticed that Turris loves to shoot the puck and his release is quick, plus he can put it up in a hurry better then ive seen some NHL players. I dont think PHO is any draft picks or NHL players dream place to play, however Turris being young probably loves the opurtunity learning from Gretz. So with all that being said if you league values Goals more then Assist, then i think Turris is the better choice. Overall i really think Turris will be a better player however after the superseries its a lot closer then i thought. Personally id go with Turris but thats my opinion. I really dont think you can have a wrong choice between them

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I have second overall this year (traded Pronger at the deadline and still won the league) and I am worried Turris could go number one. If that happens I think I might take Gagner over Kane. I am personally not sold on Kane\'s abilities at the NHL level. My plan is to trade my other first rounder (#12) and some more of my defensive depth to get pick number three and then take two of the three.
    6 Time CDHL Badger Cup Champion. www.cdhl.ca
    C Stamkos, Getzlaf, Carter, Roy, Turris, etc
    L Elias, Tanguay, Perron, Berglund, Foligno, Booth etc
    R Horton, Hornqvist, Giroux, Voracek, C. Smith, etc
    D Keith, Burns, Phaneuf, Jay-Bo, Myers, Tyutin, Kaberle, etc.
    G Vokoun, Quick, Emery, Bernier, Tokarski

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I would go with Turris ... (better potential but you\'ll have to wait longer for NHL impact)

But in fact, it all depends on your teams need and your pools depth I believe:

Goalie: is Price still available? Best Goalie Prospect since Fleury

Defense: is Letang still available? Best Defense Prospect since Whitney

Forwards: Kane is there for sure but what about Backstrom & Toews (then comes Kane, Turris & Gagner)

Just a few hints

Good luck

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I\'m an Oilers fan, but Turris is the better player- both fantasy-wise and real-life-wise. His ceiling is huge, whereas I think Gagner\'s is \'only\' 100 points around where Spezza and Weight were/are. Turris could be a 50-70-120 guy; I see Gagner being good for 30-70-100.

SirKnight wrote:
    I have second overall this year (traded Pronger at the deadline and still won the league) and I am worried Turris could go number one. If that happens I think I might take Gagner over Kane. I am personally not sold on Kane\'s abilities at the NHL level. My plan is to trade my other first rounder (#12) and some more of my defensive depth to get pick number three and then take two of the three.
    Kane has actually had a fantastic camp. He scored on a spin-o-rama yesterday, and was generally a force.

Della Madonna

Hello,

Goalie, im very storng and im not worried for the next 4 years
    Defence, Letang, russel, kindl are available the jonhson were picked last year. ( 2008 lloks to be a good year to be drafting DEF. This year i want to focus on Foward.

Kane is available, Backstrom Toews and most of 2006 and 2005 crop was drafted.

Im not sold of Kane, Gagner openned allot of the Ice for him and Kosticin help to. This line worked well together but i think the Top guy here was gagner.

I have pick 1 and 4, i will pick Turris at 80% and then then will see what falls to me at number 4. kane and gagner will go in my opinion. Cherry, Espo most is still available, bernier, Price, sone good Def Letang,Russel, still allot of player left for me.

Thanks Guys,
    MDM

Della Madonna

Hello,

Goalie, im very storng and im not worried for the next 4 years
    Defence, Letang, russel, kindl are available the jonhson were picked last year. ( 2008 lloks to be a good year to be drafting DEF. This year i want to focus on Foward.

Kane is available, Backstrom Toews and most of 2006 and 2005 crop was drafted.

Im not sold of Kane, Gagner openned allot of the Ice for him and Kosticin help to. This line worked well together but i think the Top guy here was gagner.

I have pick 1 and 4, i will pick Turris at 80% and then then will see what falls to me at number 4. kane and gagner will go in my opinion. Cherry, Espo most is still available, bernier, Price, sone good Def Letang,Russel, still allot of player left for me.

Thanks Guys,
    MDM

mrbugg wrote:
    I\'m an Oilers fan, but Turris is the better player- both fantasy-wise and real-life-wise. His ceiling is huge, whereas I think Gagner\'s is \'only\' 100 points around where Spezza and Weight were/are. Turris could be a 50-70-120 guy; I see Gagner being good for 30-70-100.

SirKnight wrote:
    Kane has actually had a fantastic camp. He scored on a spin-o-rama yesterday, and was generally a force.
    Thanks for that MrBugg. I still think I will go with Gagner though, he looked good in the Blue/White game with Hemsky. I\'ll take Turris if he is there but I think he\'ll go first.
    6 Time CDHL Badger Cup Champion. www.cdhl.ca
    C Stamkos, Getzlaf, Carter, Roy, Turris, etc
    L Elias, Tanguay, Perron, Berglund, Foligno, Booth etc
    R Horton, Hornqvist, Giroux, Voracek, C. Smith, etc
    D Keith, Burns, Phaneuf, Jay-Bo, Myers, Tyutin, Kaberle, etc.
    G Vokoun, Quick, Emery, Bernier, Tokarski

Dobber Sports Initiate

Well... I watched all 8 games of the Super Series and I went to game 8 live. Gagner has definitely climbed up in my books as a prospect. But don\'t go wild on his point total and put him ahead of Turris for the following reasons.

1.) Gagner is known to be a streaky scorer, he got his confidence going early in this series as the team did too. It is very easy to score in series like this if one team is dominating everywhere on the ice, there was very little pressure once Canada came back from 2-0 to win the first game and Gagner had no pressure because if he didn\'t score everyone knew someone else would. So with that kind of confidence and pressure free environment any players totals can get inflated. Gagner had the hot hand over the 8 games but a season in the NHL on a team that will not be close to dominant is a very different story. Remember that with the parody in the league now even the best teams are still in tough against some of the lower teams. Confidence does not run as high and pressure runs a lot higher...

2.)Turris\' game translates MUCH better into an NHL game. Turris has a Sakic-like release on his wrist shot. That will translate into goals in the NHL which will translate into playing time better linemates and more points. Gagner\'s plays were beautiful to watch, but he will not be able to make the spinaround passes and dazzle the NHL defenders the way that he took advantage of the low-on-confidence Russians. Gagner has good potential but Turris\' game is a more sure thing as far as skillset translating to the NHL.

So yeah, Gagner has climbed up in respect but Turris is still the go to guy.
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Dobber Sports Initiate

Oh and you\'re crazy to take Gagner over Kane... you can\'t let the fact that you saw Gagner dance in the Super Series affect your opinion of Kane. If you want to compare Gagner and Kane do some research on their performances on the Knights.... Search them on Youtube and you\'ll see a great video of them settin each other up for about 5 minutes ... but no way that Gagner did enough to move ahead of Kane. Kane and Toews will be dominant in the near future.
    "I mean technically, I could say that every defender's upside is 80 points and never 'lose my house.'"
    - lanky 522

Della Madonna wrote:
    Did you even watch any London Knights games?

Gagner is a good player, however Kane is the better player.

Turris and Ganger? I would take Turris.
    12 Team H2H - Keep 8+2 NHL Rookies

G(1), A(1), GWG(1), SHG(1), HT(2), W(2), SO(3)

Weekly Line-ups - Start 6 F, 3 D, 1 G

F: Crosby, Stepan, Gaudreau, Puljujarvi, Radulov, Wheeler, Buchnevich, Burakovsky, Domi, Fiala, Hertl, A. Nylander, Reinhart, B. Ritchie
    D: Carlson, Giordano, Leddy, Ellis, Maatta, Orlov
    G: Lundqvist, Varlamov

09/10 and 10/11 Champion
    08/09 and 11/12 Runner-up

Dobber Sports Sophomore

don\'t put too much stock in that shinny tourney in which only one team came to play.
    Gagner is Not in Turris\' league, and Kane is better than Turris.
    Take Kane now, ask questions later!

Dobber Sports Ninja

We\'ll see, obviously Turris is a premium talent, but it\'s not like he\'s on a whole new level to Gagner. I can\'t remember who said it (maybe Bugg, not sure now), but I heard it said that while everyone thought it was Kane making Gagner the better player on the team, that it might have in fact been the other way around.

Dobber Sports Sophomore

What on earth would give that impression - that Kane benefitted more from Gagner. All you gotta do is harken back to the \'07 WJC, when a just turned 18 yr old Kane dominated a 19yr old tourney. And he dominated, even more so than Mueller. It\'s rare that a draft eligible player dominates this particular tourney, and boy did he ever. Gagner? A complete non factor. He is simply not in the same class, that doesn\'t mean he doesn\'t have potential. Furthermore, no way gagner ever sniffs 100 pts in the NHL...EVER!

Della Madonna

Hello,

Personaly i rather invest on gagner then kane. i can see gagner\'s game translate better in the NHL then kane. they both have skills but the fact is that Kane is a smaller player that counts allot. He wont be abble to fly by a 6 foot 4 225 pounds defenders that will take his body down and crush his 160 pound frame into the board like in the juniors, he will get hit and hit hard. I just dont think he will be ablle to get the beating. he still as and probably will have a 16 year old body for a long time that wont permit him to do what he did in the OHL. Gagner at 5 10 and 190 pounds,he is a smart player, he as skils, good work ethics and he his physicaly more NHL ready then Kane, if kane add a better shape then kane would be the man. Its not everyday that you find a briere who is bigger then Kane. The NHL did change but not to an extent that a 5 foot 9 and 160 pound guy can do what ever he wants. he will get hurt i think he his still fragile and will always be a fragile player as small player are ususualy.

Maybe im wrong but i rather invest on a safer pic that can give me a little bit less points then a player that as a body that is more at risk of getting injured. Either way you still get a great player by picking gagner over kane. This is my way of seeing this, im not a pro small player as they often get injured.

this is my opinion.

thanks
    MDM