Thread: Pickup Rinne?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pickup Rinne?

Should I pickup Rinne and drop Sabourin? I don\'t know how long MA Fluery will be out and I am in a bit of goalie trouble losing Brodeur for most of the damn year.
    Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/AaronSholl

Fantasy Hockey Keeper League Details: http://tinyurl.com/GoSharksHockey

Administrator

Default Pickup Rinne?

well dobber would certainly lead you to believe that rinne will steal the starter spot in nashville. id personally ride out sabourin and his stellar performance filling in, but he certainly isnt a long term solution. id cling to sabourin and wait out the rinne situation. if he truly does start stealing the starting spot then go for him. but its hard to argue with dobber considering his track record.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Expert

Default Pickup Rinne?

I could go either way on this one and a case can be made both ways.

Why don\'t you try to land a complete platoon situation instead. As it is you\'re stuck trying to guess who is going to get you more starts. Why not try to land both G from a team. Sabourin for B. Johnson and you\'d have all WAS starts. Theodore for Osgood would give you all DET starts. You could also try packaging Sabourin/Conklin for a tandem like Vokoun/Anderson or Legace/Mason.

I\'m not suggesting your winning any of these trades, but the value is close. You\'d give the slightly better G in most of these equations, but you\'d get guaranteed starts and ice time for you G categories. You\'re not going to get Brodeur\'s production from any of these...why not solidify the G situation so you don\'t have to keep guessing?

Could you land Ellis/Rinne?
    10 Team [keep 10 + 4 prospects]
    Scoring F=1[g/a]; D=2[g], 1[a]; G=2[w], -1[L], 1[OT], 2[SO] Top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count

Forwards
    Crosby, Ovechkin, Backstrom, Wheeler, Byfuglien, Hornqvist, Simmonds, Ladd, Zuccarello, Ribeiro, Desharnais, Semin, MacArthur, Moulson, Purcell, Soderberg, Dupuis
    Defense
    Keith, Goligoski, Carlson, Krug, Trouba, Streit, Pouliot, Ceci, Nurse, Martinez
    Goalie
    Fleury/Price/Rask

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Pickup Rinne?

I like the idea, and I had Johnson on my team to guarantee the starts a couple weeks ago, but then Johnson got hurt and Sabourin was available so I jumped on it. I could try trading, but it would be doubtful. I just hope Brodeur comes back sooner rather than later.

About 5 minutes after I posted this yesterday, another GM picked up Rinne......damnit!
    Follow me on twitter: www.twitter.com/AaronSholl

Fantasy Hockey Keeper League Details: http://tinyurl.com/GoSharksHockey

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Pickup Rinne?

What about dropping Ersberg for Rinne?

Dobber Sports Initiate

Default Pickup Rinne?

Sleemans wrote:
    What about dropping Ersberg for Rinne?
    He who hesitates is lost. :laugh:

Another GM put in a waiver claim for Rinne while I was still debating whether to or not.