Thread: #3 C

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default #3 C

Offensive stats are:
    G, A, PPP, SHP, SHOTS, GWG, PIM, +/-

I\'m tired of waiting for Mueller to turn it around. I\'ve been trying to upgrade at #3 C. I proposed Sturm/Mueller for Franzen that is still pending. Another guy who I might be interested in is Horcoff. Any suggestions for a quality C who might go for that package? Briere if he\'s not hurt too badly? Maybe Bergeron but I think that would be a serious overpayment. Anyone else?

Any help would be appreciated!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default #3 C

Hmmm - I don\'t think your package is really worth any of those guys actually - how big is your league and how many rostered players do you carry and what type of league is it? What\'s on FA at center and what does the rest of your team look like?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default #3 C

14 team roto league (2 full lines per night)

C: Crosby, Staal, Mueller (RW)
    LW: Clowe, Frolov, Huselius, Sturm, Versteeg (RW)
    RW: Selanne, Justin Williams, Ryan
    D: Chara, Lidstrom, McCabe
    G: Theo, Mason

FA: Ryan Whitney (the guy I\'m trying to make space for), Zubrus, Lang, Voros, etc.

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default #3 C

Ahhh I see the issue. Too bad Mueller isn\'t going better for you as your team has nice balance if he is. It probably isn\'t helping your trade attempts that Sturm has missed several games. While the guys you are trying to trade have potential, with them not producing I think you are going to have difficulty finding that upgrade. You guys have fairly short benches so any 2 for 1 pressures the other guy to find a drop and if he doesn\'t have an easy drop (likely the case in this league considering the number of players held) then he probably isn\'t much interested in your guys.

I think the best advice I could give you is to back off the pedal for a couple of weeks and see if Sturm and Mueller pick it up and then renew your offers. Failing that then I think if you want Whitney then you likely need to just drop a winger.