Thread: My Camalleri/Bryzgalov for his Backstrom or Thomas

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default My Camalleri/Bryzgalov for his Backstrom or Thomas

I need a more consistent goalie and he needs goals. I don\'t trust Bryzgalov is still #1 and Phoenix can\'t score anyway - no wins. I am having trouble deciding who to play at forward and can spare a forward. I still have Vanek, Staal, Marleau, Perry, Hemsky, Avery (PIMS) and Setoguchi

Would you do it? Which goalie do you prefer - Thomas or Backstrom? I am afraid that I would be buying high with Thomas. What if he asks for Setoguchi instead?
    11 team one year Roto league
    Goals, Assists, PIMs, Wins, GAA
    18 man rosters
    F- Briere, Vanek, Grabovsky, Hossa, Krejci, Lecavalier, Pavelski, Hemsky, Spezza, Konopka
    D- Boyle, Edler, Phaneuf, Subban, Fowler

G- Luongo, Lehtonen, Crawford

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Is Fernandez on the wire by any chance - if so the deal for Thomas with Setoguchi in it would work for me - dropping Boucher to grab Fernandez for the handcuff.

I actually think you are giving up on your guys prematurely though - I suspect Nabbie and Biron and good spot starts from Bryz will carry you just fine - if you want to move a forward I would go for a big D upgrade instead. Setoguchi would be moved on my team before Cammer though.

Dobber Sports Genius

One year roto.

My first thought is you\'re nuts, but it\'s a ONE YEAR POOL. Then, as Shoeless points out, the waiver wire becomes an important element in the decision.

Cammy. Well, truthfully, I don\'t think it can really but much worse for Cammy. For whatever the reasons, Tanguay didn\'t thrive in essentially the same lineup spot. Cammy seems pretty average thus far in Calgary. Writing him off though, well I wouldn\'t. Cammy can heat up. I\'m more inclined not to wait though.

Bryz in a one year, I can see a fellow getting tired of waiting. A good young developing team that over achieved last year. Now this year, they\'re finding things a bit of a struggle. This should be good for the Coyotes in the end. A sincere level of appreciation is required. All their young players are getting a reminder as to how hard you have to work all the time to be successful at this level. In the short term, it\'s fair to wonder about Bryz. Again, he could bounce right back the moment you move him.

Backstrom. I think he\'ll slow down a bit now that Harding is back. Two starts for Backstrom. One start for Harding. Back towards his 86 point pace of last year.

Thomas. I\'ve been a Doubting-Thomas for too long. Again this year I find myself slipping on the same shoes and Timmy proving things are otherwise. He seems to overcome obstacles, large & small. I certainly respect this feel good story. Then too, I think the Bruins have over achieved. They aren\'t this good. They\'re the classic crash & burn unit from where I\'m viewing. Sure some parts of the roster may have matured a bit. I see a club that scratches to find one of the final playoff spots, and probably misses more times than not. Good reason to disagree with me if your a B\'s fan and lots of ammo for your argument.

Both Backstrom & Thomas are definitely in the \'pay high\' category at the moment. Still though, providing you can effectively use that waiver wire, this might not be a bad deal for you. There\'s a good chance that Cammy & Bryz come with some more headaches.