Thread: DobberHockey - Starting next week

I...am your father.

Default DobberHockey - Starting next week

Sundays
    The Dobotomy: As always, Dobber takes a look at the latest trends in the fantasy hockey world.

Mondays
    Third Degree Burns: Every second Monday, senior writer Chris Burns gives you his take on the fantasy world. Alternating Sundays, Burnsy will report on the DobberHockey Expert/Pro/Entry Leagues.

Tuesdays
    The Wild West: Senior writer Jeff Angus will give you the fantasy lowdown on the Western Conference.

Wednesdays
    School of Block: I\'d like to introduce Justin Goldman, who will give you the fantasy take on goaltenders every second Wednesday.
    Croaks From the Fantasy Frog: I\'d like to introduce Eric Maltais, who comes over from The Talented Mr. Roto (which had been bought out by ESPN.com - yet another reason why you should come to DobberHockey for all your fantasy hockey info...the bigwigs who have hockey on the backburner are taking over all the other sites). Anyway, Eric will give you his latest take on fantasy hockey happenings every second Wednesday.

Thursdays
    Sticks and Stones: Senior writer Jim Gunther gives you his perspective (an American one!) on fantasy hockey.

Fridays
    Eastern Edge: Russell Miller gives you his take on the Eastern Conference.

Saturdays
    Bugg Bytes: Senior writer Matt Bugg gives you the lowdown on the NHL pipeline - the prospects, where they are headed and should they be on your keeper league team.
    Saturday Picks: They\'re back. Burnsy vs. Notch. Chris Burns and Steve Johnson will go head to head choosing winners of the Saturday games...and guess who will be looking over both of their shoulders? Mr. Quarter. If they both stumble, the quarter will step in and start teaching them some lessons!

Also upcoming: \"A Look Ahead\". An entire section will be created where I will tell you a seven-day window as to who the best teams are to load up on and who the worst teams are - I\'ll be looking at that amount of games each team plays as well as the quality of their opponent. It will be a roto-league MUST. Yet another reason why DobberHockey should be your first stop every day.

I hope you enjoy what this website will bring you over the next season.
    Drop the puck!

B)
    The Best Fantasy Hockey Site

15-Team Keeper, points only, best 12 fwd, 4 dman, 2 G count. Playoffs count.

F - T. Thompson, Thomas, Nylander, Tarasenko, Arvidsson, Guentzel, Fiala, Quinn, Mittelstadt, Hagel, Zacha, Roslovic, Berggren, Brink, Ostlund
    G - Kahkonen, Vejmelka, L. Thompson, Levi, Comrie
    D - Hronek, Morrissey, Lundkvist, Girard, Brannstrom, Rathbone, Hanifin, Severson, Durzi

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re:DobberHockey - Starting next week

Eric Maltais? Holy crap Batman! Eric is on my list of \'must read\' fantasy hockey analysts.

Now that is a coup, Dobber.

(shoeless gleefully disappears to delete TMR from his favorite\'s bookmarks)

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks for the kudos Shoeless.

Glad to join such a top notch site as DobberHockey!

Eric Maltais
    The Fantasy Frog

Dobber Sports Genius

i\'m not surprised at the growth of this site , it was just a matter of time.once the cat was out of the bag i knew that this would be the top fantasy hockey site on the net by far.i\'m still very much a hockey virgin, never been one to watch a lot of televised hockey , much prefer to tune in a game on the radio and allow my imagination to visualize the game , and no i\'m not that old!,lol.i realy enjoy the fantasy hockey pools and am just begining to learn the ropes, so the advice and imformation provided here by the \"pros\" and the \"amuteurs\" is of the highest value.i like to go on a bit of an ego trip being one of the 1st to have been lucky enough to come across this site(by 1st i\'m probably in the 1st thousand,guess).anyway let\'s hope this continues to grow , it will , and hats off to you dobber and all the others for a job well done , keep up the excellent work , karma everywhere!
    Roto type keeper league.We keep any 6 ;15 teams , 3 div. of 5.We play 3 lines , 3 def. and start 2 goalies.6 BN.Stats are 1pt. for goals and assists , 2pts. for W , tie(O.T. or S.O. loss) 1pt. S.O. 1pt.Weekly line-up from Mon. to Sun. Total pts. per line against other teams lines.

LW - Ovechkin , Drouin ,Steen , Huberdeau
    RW - Nash , Callahan , Nyquist
    C - B. Schenn , Fisher , R.N.H. , St. Louis , T. Johnson
    Def.- E. Johnson , Gologoski , Suter , Doughty , O.E.L.
    G - Scheinder , Dubnyk , Lack

Dobber Sports Expert

smoothfun wrote:
    never been one to watch a lot of televised hockey , much prefer to tune in a game on the radio and allow my imagination to visualize the game , and no i\'m not that old!,lol.=
    yeah me too.

Dobber Sports Stud

FantasyFrog wrote:
    Thanks for the kudos Shoeless.

Eric Maltais
    The Fantasy Frog
    Eric- Welcome. I\'m looking forward to your column.
    T.G.

Dobber Sports Icon

The first Fantasy Frog column was exactly what I was expecting/hoping it would be. Nicely done. Good to have everyone (new and old) on board for the new season...
    12 Team Dynasty League w/ Salary Cap (Updated: 3/23/2011)
    (CBS Sports Commissioner's League)
    Maximum Salary Cap: 70.5 million
    Roster Limit(s):
    Total: 23 + 2 available IR slot
    Active: C, C, C, W, W, W, W, D, D, D, D, G, G
    23 + 1 Man Roster (69.62 million) - 17 Keepers
    - Crosby (IR), Carter, Tavares, Duchene, Anisimov, Desharnais
    - Ovechkin, Giroux, Downie, Hall (LTIR), Tanguay, Samuelsson, Whitney, Justin Williams, Zuccarello
    - Green, Phaneuf, Doughty, Letang, Carlson, Karlsson
    - Price, Halak, Neuvirth, Varlamov
    Scoring Setup: W, L, GA, Saves, SO
    G, A, PIM, PPG, PPA, SHG, SHA, SOG, GWG, HT, FOW

Dobber Sports Initiate

Eric, good to see you back in \"print\" here. You\'ll be a valuable addition to the great team Darryl\'s assembled here.

Dobber Sports Rookie

Thanks Stephen! Great to see you here!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

FantasyFrog wrote:

Eric Maltais
    The Fantasy Frog
    We try to be apolitical here so the Dobber Dictionary has the olde English \"top notch\" now called the \"top burnotch\". Has a nice ring to it doesn\'t it?

You couldn\'t know Eric being new - just thought I would give you the heads up.