Thread: Pick a D-man

The Great One

Default Pick a D-man

My D is in shambles with Whitney out and Carle struggling. I have a real \"piece mail\" effort going on because I am torn between holding keepers or competing this year. Hers my current mess:

Whitney, Bogosian, Carle, Leopold

Lol- I know its scary! So heres the list I can add from:

Tyutin
    Picarde
    Harrold
    Emminger
    Niskanen
    Srahlman
    Greene (nj)
    Michaelak (pho)
    Johnson (chi)

So my thinking is that with 5 c\'s and Boyds ice time being cut I can drop him and add one of these guys right now- leaning towards Tyutin. Hopefully he can help me this year. Anyone else on here to consider ahead of Fedor?

Another move would involve dropping Bogosian for someone who has long term appeal but can contribute more this year. He is a fringe keeper and may or may not make the cut by years end so Im most interested in production now, but wouldn\'t mind some upside there if I was going to drop Bogosian for him.

Pretty torn here- any adice appreciated...

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pick a D-man

Picard for me. Picard has been quietly putting up points and Ottawa has few options there.

I don\'t think any of the other options are better than Bogosian or Carle. What about Giordano or Sekera? Are either of these guys available?:
    Keeper League
    Keep 16, Dress 12 Skaters,6D,3Goalies Bench 6
    6 Skater Cats G,A,Pts,PPG,+/-,PIM
    3 Goalie Cats SPG,GAA,GPS
    Forwards: Perry DSedin Spezza MKoivu Skinner Seguin
    Defence: Doughty Karlsson Myers Boyle Subban Kaberle
    Goalies: Lundqvist Price

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Pick a D-man

Salmela picked up a point. He was also going to help NJ being a PP QB possibly, he might be worth a flier.
    Keeper League
    Keep 16, Dress 12 Skaters,6D,3Goalies Bench 6
    6 Skater Cats G,A,Pts,PPG,+/-,PIM
    3 Goalie Cats SPG,GAA,GPS
    Forwards: Perry DSedin Spezza MKoivu Skinner Seguin
    Defence: Doughty Karlsson Myers Boyle Subban Kaberle
    Goalies: Lundqvist Price

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Pick a D-man

Emu, I have pretty much the same mess in one of my roto leagues, so I feel your pain here. The nice thing for you is that you at least have a waiver wire option... I\'m stuck with what I have for the year.

I think you are on the right track with Tyutin/Tjutin, depending on who is spelling it. He seems to be the number one guy in Columbus; that being said were aren\'t exactly taking an offensive juggernaut. Emminger is picking up decent point in TB right now, but I don\'t see him keeping it up; that\'s just not his game.

good luck!
    on fantasy hockey hiatus!!!

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Pick a D-man

Well Emu I think it is only a matter of time on Carle - be patient there - he is logging huge ice time and getting shots away - I think he will start to score soon.

I think all your choices are going to be spotty producers - the first name I liked was Picard - similar to Glenn99 but I suppose Tyutin might work as well.

The Great One

Default Pick a D-man

Thanks for the input guys- Karma on the way.

I picked Tyutin for a few reasons. Our waiver list sorts itself according to the guys value in our league (aka the points they\'ve accrued so far under our scoring system), and Tyutin was at the top. To be painfully honest there is a very large contingent of amateur owners in this one so Tyutin is the only guy in real danger of being plucked up by someone. Picarde is up there but still pretty well camouflaged. I also like his shot there without a lot of competition.

Do you think Bogosian is worth dropping for Picarde? Like I stated Bogosian is a fringe keeper and if Carle does step it up (I agree that he will), then it would be nearly impossible to keep him. So the question of who does more this year becomes more prevalent.

Barring any glaring arguments I think Ill do that...