Thread: Bieksa Worries

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Bieksa Worries

I currently have Bieksa and it seems that I could get good value for him in a trade. The following, taken from Rotoworld via the Vancouver Sun, worries me a bit.

\"I\'m fortunate it\'s only going to be a short time here. I\'m hoping it\'s sooner than two weeks but we have to give the bone time to heal. If I get hit there again, it might get to the point where I would need surgery or something. We don\'t want it to get to the point where it\'s months instead of weeks.\" Reserve Bieksa for now.

Although I love his upside, should I consider dumping him if I can get Kronwall, McCabe, J-Bo in return? I might be able to include a forward and upgrade that position as well. Thoughts appreciated.
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Bieksa Worries

No worries out there? This guy takes another one of the foot he couyld be gone for the duration.
    [size=1]13 Team Keeper - Hold 10 (1 G max) - Hold salary dictates draft pick forfeited
    Scoring Cats (Equally Weighted): G,A,+/-,PIM,Hits,Blks,W,GAA,SV%
    Start 9F,5D,2G
    F: M.Tkachuk,B.Tkachuk,Svechnikov,Meier,J.Hughes,McTa vish,Jarvis,Johnston, Keller,Tuch,Crouse,Knies
    D: Heiskanen,LeTang,Sergachev,Power,Trouba,Provorov,M intyukov
    G: Helleybuck,Vasilevskiy,Jarry,Kochetkov

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Bieksa Worries

Sure. There is always going to be worry. Any time someone gets hit, there is the worry they could be done for the year and he is in a little more delicate situation then usual.

If you can still get good value then do it. But is he going to be a keeper for you? You can only hold 10. If you can turn him for J-Bo then I would do it. J-Bo always bounces back and has an amazing second half. Otherwise, the other guys do not excite me much and I would hold onto Bieksa.

Hope this helps

Good luck
    8 Team Keeper - Year 3
    G,A,+/-,PIM,PPG,PPA,SHP,GWG,SOG,FOW,FOL,BS,W,GS,GA,GAA,SV %,SHO
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 3Utl, 2G
    25 Man Roster, Keep All

C - Getzlaf, Tavares, J.Staal(LW), Duchene, RNH, Crosby
    LW - Kovalchuk, Hall, Benn, Hartnell, E.Kane
    RW - P.Kane, Seguin, Yakupov, Eberle, OV
    D - Keith, E.Johnson, Carlson, Karlsson, Burns
    G - Rask, Schneider, Rinne

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Bieksa Worries

I am in the same position. I picked him up for a song in the summer so it doesn\'t hurt as bad to see him miss time. Still I am looking to move him soon as I fear band-aid boy.

Our league counts PIM, +/- and shots so on a fantasy points per game he is the 5th best defencemen. I am trying to trade him for someone more reliable but so far no luck. It is a hard sell when a guy is not playing. Every day he doesn\'t play his fantasy points look less and less impressive.

However, the thing about broken bones is they generally don\'t become nagging injuries (once they heal) so when he does come back he could be at 100% for the rest of the year (until the next injury).

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Bieksa Worries

I am not concerned about him - breaking his foot was bad luck and certainly not enough to get me thinking he is a long term bandaid boy (well not yet anyway) - moving him now doesn\'t sound like a good plan although it seems folks are prepared to pay fairly well for him. I think I would wait - the Canucks seem to be gelling and he should benefit from it on his return - then is when you should work the trade wires with him.

Dobber Sports Juggernaut

Default Bieksa Worries

I wouldn\'t be concerned at all - he has an unfair rep as an injury prone guy because of the nasty freak injury last year, and he simply caught a puck off the foot. It can happen to any player at any time.

He was arguably the best skater this season as well, I think his value across all categories makes him someone worth keeping.
    Follow me on Twitter: AngusCertified
    Check my blog out: Angus Certified