Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Dynasty League Player Salaries!

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Dynasty League Player Salaries!

Chinny wrote:
    i hope this helps with the questions you guys have been having, the way i have the salaries work out is that i only apply a salary to the top 500 or so players, my issue was that i was sorting that based on this years stats instead of the 3 year stats which was changing the salaried palyers (players over $5, which should be around 500-520) up to 620, which was greatly adding to teams projected salary, just something i didn\'t realize with this being the first year i have attempted to do the projected salaries. I once again don\'t expect the cap to be a huge issue next year, except for teams like me that have made a run for the title and have added some cap in the process
    That might explain why Pensfan came up with high numbers. I\'ll take a look at my team new cap right away and let you know the results.

Dobber Sports Stud

yes we should notice an overall difference in team salaries, back to what i expected when i first came up with the salary formula.

Dobber Sports Giant

I just did the calculation and there\'s definitely a difference. I was at $1521 (including my IR guys though) with the \"Mid-Salaries\" file and I\'m now at $1316 (again including my IR guys) with the new file. Right now I\'m at $1345 with the current salary.

So either it\'s the fact that things are balancing out since we\'re toward the end of the season of it\'s the error you found or both.

Thanks again for the update!

Dobber Sports Stud

the balancing out will help, but i think it is the sorting error that i was doing, just a quick look there were about 130 extra players getting a salary over $5, that can add up in a hurry.

Dobber Sports Guru

Chicleteur wrote:
    I\'m not referring to the excel spread sheet Russ sent us once in a while. I\'m talking about a few posts on page 3 of this thread. According to Pensfan, 23 teams are over the cap and Comish tend to agree with the fact that we will probably need to do something.
    ahhh, i see now. i\'m sorry guys, thats what i get for jumping into the conversation without reading the whole background!

just a theoretical question... the average league player salary should remain the same if the average league-wide stats (goals, PIMs, etc) remain in the same ballpark, right?

Dobber Sports Stud

the max salary is 200, the lowest is 5 which starts around the 500 point in player rankings, the salaries are then spread out between those points so yes a player ranked mid pack will have a similar mid pack salary

Dobber Sports Guru

just looked at the new salaries for my team.

current salary: 683
    new salary: 686 (with assumption that radulov\'s stays at 60.. obviously not the case).

Dobber Sports Giant

ultrawhiteness wrote:

new salary: 686 (with assumption that radulov\'s stays at 60.. obviously not the case).
    That\'s 3 on 3, so I guess it looks good Chinny!

Dobber Sports Stud

ultrawhiteness wrote:

if they dont play in the most recent season they go down to $5

Dobber Sports Stud

Chicleteur wrote:
    ultrawhiteness wrote:

That\'s 3 on 3, so I guess it looks good Chinny!
    and yes it looks like it is doing what is is meant to do, the cap going up 250 allows team to take a shot at it and the starting cap of 1000 looks like it will be fine for most teams

Dobber Sports Guru

Chinny wrote:
    ultrawhiteness wrote:

thats interesting... why? because his name doesn\'t appear on the 08/09 stat sheet?

just curious. wouldn\'t expect you to go hunting for every player who might come back after a 1 or 2 year hiatus and add in their names manually. you\'re already doing enough work!

Dobber Sports Stud

ultrawhiteness wrote:
    Chinny wrote:
    ultrawhiteness wrote:

thats interesting... why? because his name doesn\'t appear on the 08/09 stat sheet?

just curious. wouldn\'t expect you to go hunting for every player who might come back after a 1 or 2 year hiatus and add in their names manually. you\'re already doing enough work!
    because thats how it was done in year 1, i just took the most recent stats and if they played they got a salary, i didnt add in all the names of players of the years past, so to keep it the same any player that doesnt play for a year starts back at $5 btu someone like radulov if he comes back next year he will most likely jump up faster than others since he will have a 3rd year of stats as opposed to rookies who start fresh

UW i also sent you an offer in yahoo, have you had a chance to look at it?

Dobber Sports Stud

i also dont expect to see many cases like this, so it is some what of a bonus for keeping a guy all year

Dobber Sports Guru

Chinny wrote:
    i also dont expect to see many cases like this, so it is some what of a bonus for keeping a guy all year
    yeah, makes perfect sense to me.

i have seen your offer, i\'ve been mulling it over in the background a bit. don\'t mind parting with one guy, but the other i\'d like to hold onto. send me an email and we can talk more about it?

Dobber Sports Ninja

Chicleteur wrote:
    mapletreemarty wrote:
    Just looking at the salaries this morning. Isn\'t it a little weird that high performance players that should have a large cap hit benefit from getting injured by lowering their cap hit?? While essentially durable players are handicapped with high cap hits because they play 82 games?? I know that these are performance based but someone like Brodeur should not have a lower cap hit than Martin Biron.
    You have a pretty good point here Maple. However, since our cap is based on the contribution of the player, I\'m not sure we can do anything about it. However, I think Russ\'s suggestion to give less credit to the last year in order to give more credits to the past year should help this.

If I recall properly (correct me if I\'m wrong Chinny or Russ), I think right now it\'s 60/30/10 and Russ would like to see it 50/35/15.

While talking about salaries Russ, did I dream or you also mentioned that you might change the cap next year, depending on the final salaries. I remember you talking about the fact that it didn\'t make sense to keep a 1K cap if most teams are over it.
    You\'re not wrong Chic, I think less emphasis on last season is probably the way to go. Unless I hear a valid argument on this, we will likely change it to 50-35-15.

I don\'t like the $250 bump and as someone mentioned, there are only a couple or three teams over the $1000 level. Personally, I would prefer a hard cap number; ie. $1000 for the entire year. We\'ll look at what rules need to be reviewed at the end of the year, but I am aiming for as little change as possible.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket