Thread: max games played (yahoo)

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default max games played (yahoo)

on the settings page of the pool I am entering tonight it says NO MAXIMUM under the max games played category. Does that mean I can play a player at every position every day and exceed 82 games at every position???????
    Also how do I find out which players are available at more than 1 position?
    Thanks

Post edited by: Neely8, at: 2007/09/05 17:13

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Default Re:max games played (yahoo)

Are you in a Roto, Points or H2H league? Max games does not apply to H2H format. If you are in points or roto league then yes you can play guys as often as you wish/can - but that kinda doesn\'t make for a good league.

In Yahoo you will see the players designated position(s) after their name in the players list - I scanned the first 300 or so names and found no one with dual eligibility yet - it will however happen during the season as a player is moved to another position for a considerable period of time (not sure how many games - Yahoo has a rule about when they go dual eligibility)

Are you in Yahoo?

Dobber Sports Prodigy

thanks Shoeless.
    You are very knowledgable and helpful. I respect your opinion.

Post edited by: Neely8, at: 2007/09/05 23:32

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Actually Neely I looked at my post again - I misspoke - Rot and Points will have a max games but the commissioner can set them - last year I played in a league with a 100 max games for position - we didn\'t have the bench to support those many games over all positions - most of the guys just banged away at their forward games through the season - I was the only one who came close in all positions - falling a little short at D and goal - but passing about 6 teams in the last month when they were scrambling to get D games and goalie games in with shite from the FA.

Yahoo default settings are pretty good for roster size for a 82 max game season - you need to manage smart and I like that challenge.

Dobber Sports Giant

Totally true! It really help adding more chalenge. However, in our league we set it to 83 games to give a little help when you\'re trading for a player that has more left games then the one you\'re giving.