Thread: Vasilevsky ++ for Rantanen +

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Vasilevsky ++ for Rantanen +

12 Team Dynasty - H2H Cats - G, A, STP, ESP, SOG, PIM, HIT, BLK, FOW, W, GAA, SV, SV%

Have the following offer on the table:

My Vasilevsky + Foerster + 2024 1st for Rantanen + D. Toews

The first is for this year's entry draft and is tied to Anaheim's pick in the actual NHL draft (ie if ANA wins 1st overall my pick moves up, same if ANA slides to 5th overall). So it is a 11.5% chance of being Celebrini but will be a high end prospect either way.

I figure that I have a bit of a logjam in net as several prospects will graduate over the next two years and TBL is on a bit of a downturn so this may be the best time to shop Vas while his value is still high. However, I'm questioning if Rantanen/Toews are worth paying a decent prospect in Foerster + a high value pick in addition, especially when RW and D are my strongest positions already.

C (Start 4): Malkin, Kadri, Barzal, Jenner, Tavares, Lundell, Chytil, Novak

LW (Start 4): Robertson, DeBrincat, Benn, Crouse, Pacioretty, Voronkov, Kuzmenko
    RW (Start 4): Pastrnak, Stone, Pavelski, P. Kane, Rust, Bjorkstrand, Kaliyev, Holtz, Foerster
    D (Start 6): Rielly, Chychrun, J. Carlsson, Matheson, Ekblad, Pietrangelo, Letang, K. Miller, York, Nemec
    G (Start 2): Vasilevskiy, Markstrom, Mrazek, Vejmalka, Ingram, Daccord

Notable prospects: Levi, Wolf, Reichel, Berggren, Coronato, Cormier

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Vasilevsky ++ for Rantanen +

How high a pick might that 1st be? If it's first overall, then I'm not liking this so much. A lesser pick, then I'm liking it a bit more.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    How high a pick might that 1st be? If it's first overall, then I'm not liking this so much. A lesser pick, then I'm liking it a bit more.
    Could be as high as 1 or as low as 5 depending on tonights' lottery. The other owner has already told me the offer is off the table once the lottery happens though.

The Magnificent One

I don’t like it. If that pick ends up being number one you lose out big time.

As low as 5 I am still not sure I like it.

Having Levi and wolf is nice but no guarantees they take over full time in the next year or two. With that I think you keep vasli and his workhorse ability.

Would be nice to add rantanen but honestly some of your core is aging so stick with the possibility that it lands you first overall.
    18 team H2H Keeper League
    G/A/PPP/SHP/GWG/SOG/FOW/Hits&blks/W/GAA/SV/SV%
    play 4c/8w/6d/1G (2min start)/6 bench/
    C: Hughes, Zacha, Howden, compher, Tierney, Frederic
    W: Gaudreau, Schwartz, M.Tkachuk, Fabbri, Bratt, Yamamoto, Wahlstrom, Okposo, Heinen, M.Folingo, Hinostroza, Mcginn
    D: Hughes, Ceci, Pelech, oleksiak, Holden, Poolman
    G: Markstrom, Oettinger,
    P:Rossi,Bowers,Heponiemi,Kupari,Wise,Dorofeyev,Fir stov,Clarke,Fortin,holloway,Nygard,Aberg,Rasmussen ,Elynuik,M.Jones,Chlapik,Platzer,Bracco,Kuokkanen, Lind,Liljegren,J.Roy,Montembeault,Raaymakers,Woll, prosvetov,Larmi

Dobber Sports Novice

I think Vasi's value has already dropped & you missed his peak sale.
    30 Wins (8th) and 1329 Saves (15th) are OK for a top GK, but the 2.90 GAA (35th) and .900 SV% (43rd) are... lacking. (took out guys with less than 10 games).

Rantanen should be worth more than Vasi over the next [rest of their careers] as Colorado's window is wide open, while the Lightning's is largely closed (look at Pittsburgh for their post back-to-back cup play).

How many keepers (and what format) do you get? Are you getting a pick back (and if so what round)?

If it were me: my questions don't matter, I would do this trade instantly.
    TKL - Tiered Keeper League - 2/4, 4/6, 5/rest + 1 GK - 4c, 4r, 4l, 6d, 2gk, 5bn

JTMiller, Aho, Ek, Kopitar
    Rantanen, Barzal, Palmieri, Bratt
    Forsberg, Hagel, Stutzle, Joshua
    Fox, Weegar, Doughty, Forsling, Rielly, McCabe
    Manson, Pinto, Frost, Hertl, Henrique
    Oetter, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by IRSlotsFull View Post
    I think Vasi's value has already dropped & you missed his peak sale.
    30 Wins (8th) and 1329 Saves (15th) are OK for a top GK, but the 2.90 GAA (35th) and .900 SV% (43rd) are... lacking. (took out guys with less than 10 games).

Rantanen should be worth more than Vasi over the next [rest of their careers] as Colorado's window is wide open, while the Lightning's is largely closed (look at Pittsburgh for their post back-to-back cup play).

How many keepers (and what format) do you get? Are you getting a pick back (and if so what round)?

If it were me: my questions don't matter, I would do this trade instantly.
    If the downhill continues I'm with you, hence the thought to trade him while name value at least is still high. However, I do think its worth mentioning that he came back from a significant injury to start the season. Its possible he wasn't quite at 100% and he'll be good to go for next season back to his usual consistency.

And it is a full dynasty - only players who will be in the draft are the 2024 entry draftees. So this pick ends up being Celebrini at best or someone like Cayden Lindstrom (based on current rankings) at worst.

Dobber Sports Novice

None of the new guys are likely to help you for 3-5 years. If you're a playoff competitive team right now, take Rantanen.

If you think your team is unlikely to compete for 3 years, keep your pick, I guess... but I think it's easier to acquire a struggling 22 year old who should still have an illustrious career in the future (think Lafreniere, Kakko, Kotkaniemi, Mercer... could you trade for any of these now? I hope so) OVER trying to acquire someone in their prime at the top of all leagues for a goalie who is locked up for 4 years on a team on the down slide when you have 3 prospect goalies who can fill that slot.

Good luck!
    TKL - Tiered Keeper League - 2/4, 4/6, 5/rest + 1 GK - 4c, 4r, 4l, 6d, 2gk, 5bn

JTMiller, Aho, Ek, Kopitar
    Rantanen, Barzal, Palmieri, Bratt
    Forsberg, Hagel, Stutzle, Joshua
    Fox, Weegar, Doughty, Forsling, Rielly, McCabe
    Manson, Pinto, Frost, Hertl, Henrique
    Oetter, Grubauer

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Received an updated offer where I now get RNH instead of Toews and add Berggren to my side

So full new offer is

Vasilevsky + Foerster + 1st + Berggren for Rantanen + Nugent-Hopkins

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by jshed2 View Post
    Received an updated offer where I now get RNH instead of Toews and add Berggren to my side

So full new offer is

Vasilevsky + Foerster + 1st + Berggren for Rantanen + Nugent-Hopkins
    In a huge oilers homer and huge nuge fan but though he’s been lights out the last few years I’m not sure I’m taking a huge risk acquiring him. You have a lot of goalies but Vasi is still clearly your best. Rantanen is a stud no doubt and Hopkins also adds greatly to your offence but why if nice regresses back to 65 point RNH? Is the deal worth it then especially if your pick becomes Celebrini/Demidov/Parekh/Buium etc.? Also how close are you to winning? That plays into this too. I think Foerster looks good and Berggren I’m starting to lose faith in so those guys are a wash. Can he add a prospect in that same area for you? It’s hard to turn Rantanen down. This is a tough decision. I think if you are close to winning make this deal if you aren’t likely to win keep that first amd Foerster and see if you can find a new deal for Vasi. Or could you try maybe Vasilevski/Foerster/Berggren for Rantanen??

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Honestly I don’t like your others goalies so loosing Vasilevski will hurt you a lot more than adding Rantanen.
    Plus, in a 12 teams league I can’t imagine you cannot get a better offer if you really choose to sell one of the best goalie.
    In my league, you could get Rantanen +++ just for Vasilevski….
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Superstar

Pass
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf