Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Senators to name Travis Green new Head Coach

The Great One

Default Re: Senators to name Travis Green new Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by TrailerParkFlyers View Post
    At least Ottawa seems to have done a proper search for their new coach, unlike Buffalo.
    Yeah, exactly. My guess is there have to be at least a handful of people who were older than Ruff will be when he takes the bench in October, however, he will be older than anyone who was ever named head coach for the first time: https://records.nhl.com/records/coac...st-career-game
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    That's why I'm laughing at Andlauer. He promised change, but it's hard to shell out a ton of money when you aren't guaranteed profit (like Leafs) and he's already spent over $1b on the team. But ya a good coach will go (especially with their pieces in place) if you crazy overspend, but they can't. It's hilariously screwed.

Travis Green is such a poor hire for the team lol. He's like the worst part of 2 directions you could go. He's not young enough to be a fresh hire, he isn't old enough to be a respect "vet" hire, he doesn't have a winning record, it's not like he had poor rosters in the past. It legit feels like they looked at recognizable names and just called down the list until someone answered.
    I guess I feel like if you can afford $1B for a franchise you can afford $10M for a coach, but maybe if you can’t afford $10M for a coach you can’t really afford $1B for a franchise.

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I guess I feel like if you can afford $1B for a franchise you can afford $10M for a coach, but maybe if you can’t afford $10M for a coach you can’t really afford $1B for a franchise.
    Depends where all his money is and what he's "allocated" to the team for yr1. And then the next question is, is there a coach besides Berube that you would shell a ton of money too that's available?

The bigger question is why Travis green for 4yrs?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Depends where all his money is and what he's "allocated" to the team for yr1. And then the next question is, is there a coach besides Berube that you would shell a ton of money too that's available?

The bigger question is why Travis green for 4yrs?
    I mean I’m not a billionaire, but price tag would not be my limiting factor on my coaching pool if I was. If there’s a guy you think is the best coach available, that coach costing $6M instead of $4M wouldn’t really change my mind.

Dobber Sports Ninja

Yeah, this one is a headscratcher. Hope Sens fans get used to the phrase "that's a good team over there"
    Goalies: If I'm pickin em you best be sittin em!

Dobber Sports Veteran

Is that a good news for Tkachuk and Stuzzle owners in fantasy leagues ?
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev