Thread: Playoff Pool how did I do?

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Playoff Pool how did I do?

8 teams. Points only. 1 point for a goal, 1 point for an assist. Loaded up on New York and Carolina. I feel they will for sure get out of the 1st round but they will play each other in 2nd.

Sebastian Aho
    Mika Zibanejad
    Adam Fox
    Vincent Trocheck
    Andrei Svechnikov
    Martin Necas
    Roope Hintz
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

Default Re: Playoff Pool how did I do?

On the one hand two or four of your guys will play at most 14 games, but on the other two or four might well make it to the conference finals. I'd probably not have gone for more than half on one team, but you do sort of have to swing for the fences so it seems like a fine approach on the whole.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Getting Roope in the final round... that's your league winner right there!

Dallas vs either of the Metro teams in the final and you are golden.
    (as long as another team didn't load up with Dallas and supplement with Carolina or NYR)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Superstar

Roope is the answer to one of those puzzle type questions based on what doesn't belong or fit with the other choices (:

In this case, I gotta agree with PenguinHunter, that's a prettty damn solid last pick even if he doesn't fit with your other guys (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Superstar

Individually you have a bunch of solid players but overall I do not like the strategy.
    In a playoff pool you typically have to load up on 1 or 2 teams and go for broke ("If you're not first you're last). Knowing the 2 teams you loaded up on must collide in the 2nd round is not ideal.

I would expect there is 1 or 2 teams out there who loaded up on 1 top team or at least 2 teams from different divisions, 1 of them should hit and get a bunch more GP then you do.
    But that is why we play the games. Good luck.
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Dobber Sports Icon

That's an awful team. Your strategy was extremely flawed. But in a 8 team pool, I might still win it especially if Roope Hintz was there at pick 60.