Poll: Stars vs Knights

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Western Conference First Round: (1) Dallas Stars vs (WC2) Vegas Golden Knights

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Western Conference First Round: (1) Dallas Stars vs (WC2) Vegas Golden Knights

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    But it is still egregious. "Players on the ice" I guess doesn't include a $5 million backup goalie. I have no clue who was in the press box but I count $87 million dressed.
    Yeah I purposely left off the $5M backup goalie to suit my narrative haha.
    I agree it is a little ridiculous, but all legal, and in the entertainment industry it's definitely entertaining.
    To go with the old adage of "don't hate the player hate the game" get mad at the league instead of at Vegas for this cap structure and LTIR mess that they've created.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Western Conference First Round: (1) Dallas Stars vs (WC2) Vegas Golden Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    The 19 players they had on the ice last night have a cap hit of ~$81M. It's really not as egregious as everyone is making it out to be.

Vegas has definitely looked in past like they were fudging the LTIR system, but a spleen injury like Stone had this year isn't something you make up or plan around. It happened at a time where he was done for the season, and probably still shouldn't even be playing, but he is back. Vegas made the best of it by filling in his cap hit with Hertl, and even if Stone had returned in the regular season, all they had to do was waive a few scratches and they would be icing a fully healthy, cap-legal team.
    Thank you for bringing that to my attention. I thought the number was greater. I have a roster cap hit of about 86.5. I'm not capologist but could Vegas have squeezed in Hertl if Stone wasn't on IR? Crazy how Stone could play 17 and 18 minutes the last 2 games and even dish out 3 hits last night with that lacerated spleen that just recovered enough for him to play.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Titan

Vegas's top 12F, 6D, 2G healthy players cap hit = $88,269,150 (Hanafin isn't included in this, as he's the 7th highest cap hit Dman on the team). And that doesn't include Lehner (but he's legit hurt and shouldn't be included). Or $4,769,150 over the cap, and $769,150 over next yrs cap.

In comparison, Dallas's is $81,294,167 ($6,974,983 less). The highest "cap hit" team in the league right now are the Leafs, but their top 12F,6D,2G is $79,680,616 ($8,588,534 less than Vegas).
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Vegas's top 12F, 6D, 2G healthy players cap hit = $88,269,150 (Hanafin isn't included in this, as he's the 7th highest cap hit Dman on the team). And that doesn't include Lehner (but he's legit hurt and shouldn't be included). Or $4,769,150 over the cap, and $769,150 over next yrs cap.

In comparison, Dallas's is $81,294,167 ($6,974,983 less). The highest "cap hit" team in the league right now is the Leafs, but their top 12F,6D,2G is $79,680,616 ($8,588,534 less than Vegas).
    But healthy scratches make up the cap number as well so wouldn't it be more than 12f/6d?

Dobber Sports Titan

But healthy scratches make up the cap number as well so wouldn't it be more than 12f/6d?
    Ya but there's no roster limit in the playoffs, so like the Leafs have a roster size of 28 right now, but Colorado has like 22 guys. Dallas has 25, Vegas has 28. Teams carry 3G in the playoffs just for availability and practices, which you wouldn't do in the regular season.

If you do Healthy Scratches (literally just randomly picking teams to show a bench mark):
    Vegas: $95,177,484 (17F, 8D, 3G)
    Florida: $88,230,001 (15F, 9D, 3G, 1Dead Cap, 1Buried Cap)
    Toronto: $85,918,950 (15F, 10D, 3G)
    Dallas: $85,371,667 (14F, 8D, 3G)
    NYR: $83,643,191 (14F, 8D, 3G)
    Colorado: $79,550,000 (13F, 7D, 2G, 1IR) Their AHL team is in the playoffs, maybe they don't want to recall depth for that?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by 2014olympicgold View Post
    Ya but there's no roster limit in the playoffs, so like the Leafs have a roster size of 28 right now, but Colorado has like 22 guys. Dallas has 25, Vegas has 28. Teams carry 3G in the playoffs just for availability and practices, which you wouldn't do in the regular season.

If you do Healthy Scratches (literally just randomly picking teams to show a bench mark):
    Vegas: $95,177,484 (17F, 8D, 3G)
    Florida: $88,230,001 (15F, 9D, 3G, 1Dead Cap, 1Buried Cap)
    Toronto: $85,918,950 (15F, 10D, 3G)
    Dallas: $85,371,667 (14F, 8D, 3G)
    NYR: $83,643,191 (14F, 8D, 3G)
    Riiiiiiiiiight right right.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Yessssss. Love it. Go Stars.

Dobber Sports Sage

Yessssss. Love it. Go Stars.
    Let's go!! The Knights antics have made me the biggest Stars fan!
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

This could be the Conference Final right here.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Icon

Stars in 6 is still a possibility..slim, but possible
    ESPN Roto 10 team
    24 man roster (+3 IR) - Keep 20 - Daily settings
    Start 3C, 3LW, 3RW, 5D, 2G, 1UTIL
    G,A,PTS, +/-, PIM, PPA, PPG, D PTS - W, SV, SV%

C- Zegras, Suzuki, Carlsson
    RW- Batherson, Michkov, Quinn, Perfetti(C,LW), Foerster, Kakko
    LW- BTkachuk, Stutzle(C), Byfield(C), McTavish(C), Benson
    D- Mintyukov, Sanderson, LHughes, Clarke, Faber
    G- Wolf, Askarov, Wallstedt
    IR- Norris(C)
    IR- Fantilli(C)
    IR-

Picks in 2024/25 rounds 1,1,1,2
    Picks in 2025/26 rounds 1,1,3,4

Dobber Sports Immortal

Happy for a Game 7...but Dallas and Boston were the teams I wanted to win most. Both could be gone.

Dobber Sports Initiate

Happy for a Game 7...but Dallas and Boston were the teams I wanted to win most. Both could be gone.
    Yea, as little as I'm affected by these games, the drama game 7 creates is good to follow. I prefer Dallas to go on, but I've picked Vegas to take it. Either way, just like Boston - Toronto - should be a dramatic win and exit for any of these teams.