Poll: Bruins vs Leafs

Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Dobber Sports All-Star

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Woll was solid and Leafs win a gut check game. Now if they could only win at home.

Dobber Sports Pro

Default Re: Eastern Conference First Round: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    The Tavares signing completely blew apart their entire cap. Can't pay your 2C more than your stud 1st OV 1C. Which led to the Marner overpay. Impossible for anyone to know for sure, but I firmly believe the Matthews and Marner contracts look completely different without the Tavares signing.
    True. But you always overpay for UFAs and the concern at the time was that they needed a Captain to deal with the media pressure. I would have liked the GM to have used this logic when negotiating future contracts. At the time JT's numbers and accomplishments dwarfed those of our young players. The hope was that they would have been in the cup finals before JTs decline.... and then the last years would be more of a thank you. If Mathews and Marner took a deal like Nylanders, maybe they could have built a more complete team?

Go leafs.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Feenom View Post
    Woll was solid and Leafs win a gut check game. Now if they could only win at home.
    Huge win. Although I feel like they've been pretty consistent at winning when the fan base has no hope and then following it up with disappointment in the next game.

Dobber Sports Titan

The most Leafs thing to do would be win game 6 without Matthews and lose game 7 with him.

I'd also like to point out 2 funny things:
    - Marchand took his first penalty yesterday and it was a coincidental minor lol
    - Lyubushkin hasn't been on the ice for a 5on5 goal against, and is 2nd on the team in points with 3.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

Domi had a solid game last night. The Bruins were just flat for the first half of that game. No urgency to do anything and Swayman was the only reason they were still in that game and went to OT. Woll had a good 2nd half once the Bruins finally woke up. Both goalies played excellent IMO.

Can Toronto show that same urgency in game 6 at home or will the Bruins show they want to win this. That will be the question.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Domi had a solid game last night. The Bruins were just flat for the first half of that game. No urgency to do anything and Swayman was the only reason they were still in that game and went to OT. Woll had a good 2nd half once the Bruins finally woke up. Both goalies played excellent IMO.

Can Toronto show that same urgency in game 6 at home or will the Bruins show they want to win this. That will be the question.
    Domi was solid last night, but definitely forced a few passes - like the 2 on 1 with Bert where you could tell he was looking pass the whole time.
    Associate Editor for DobberHockey (Wednesdays). Click that Ramblings button on the the menu bar!
    (No I don't have a hockey problem...)

Dobber Sports Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Domi was solid last night, but definitely forced a few passes - like the 2 on 1 with Bert where you could tell he was looking pass the whole time.
    That was so obvious I could have read that as a goalie lol. Guy didn't even shift into a possible shooting position during that whole sequence.

I just saw Marner was the 4th fastest Leaf to 50 playoff points. He did it in 55GP behind Gilmour (31), Sittler (47) and Sundin (53)

Dobber Sports Wizard

I really thought Domi was going to switch it up at the last second and shoot, thinking he was over selling that pass way too much / it will never work. A shot was the only thing that might work.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by Eskimo Brother View Post
    Ya, definitely too pass happy in times where a shot would have been the better choice.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, SBennett

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'm finding myself cheering for the Leafs right now. Weird feeling but it is what it is!

Dobber Sports Wizard

I was cheering for them last night. It’s much more entertaining watching them lose in a game 7. I’m also not interested in seeing the Bruins win so 7 game series to keep them tired is great.
    Interested in being a Dobber Hockey champion?
    Join Our Tiered League Now!
    Climb your way to the top of a three tiered Roto league.
    Check out the link below for more info or PM me!
    https://forums.dobbersports.com/show...League-2023-24

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by Invictus View Post
    I was cheering for them last night. It’s much more entertaining watching them lose in a game 7. I’m also not interested in seeing the Bruins win so 7 game series to keep them tired is great.
    I do kind of feel like this is a battle to see who gets chewed up and spat out by the Panthers.......
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Ninja

Last night was one of the most enjoyable Leaf games I've seen in a long time. Gritty effort all round.

Great Woll of China was incredible. **** Samsonov.

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by blayze View Post

Great Woll of China was incredible. **** Samsonov.
    Ilya is four letters too.

Dobber Sports Titan

Boston has recalled Michael DiPietro (G) on an emerg. loan stint. I believe they were the only team running only 2 goalies in the playoffs, and Providence has a playoff game today, but DiPietro last played April 13th (didn't play in the last 4 regular season games, which included a B2B). So It's not like he was a part of the Providence Bruins plans it seems.

Prolly Swayman a bit banged up, team is traveling to Toronto, and the team needs someone to be in net during practice. Just a guess.