Thread: Last minute PIM

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Last minute PIM

I'm down by 3 PIM and I need that category to secure the championship. Who do you think has the best chance of fighting or picking up some PIM to finish out the season?
    Yahoo 2 Keeper, H2H, 14 Team | 2C, 2L, 2R, 3D, 2G, 3 Bench

G, A, PPP, PIM, S, Hits, W, SV%, Shutouts

C: McDavid, Bedard, Verhaeghe (L)
    L: E Kane, Guentzle
    R: JT Miller (C), Kyrou (C)
    D: Trouba, Carlson, Montour
    G: Talbot, Hart

Dobber Sports Immortal

Default Re: Last minute PIM

If Boston would have won last night I would have said anyone on Florida tonight.

Dobber Sports Immortal

I could see the Sens going off the rails tonight.

Side note... Get rid of PIM....

Dobber Sports Padawan

Side Side note...PIM should be negative points. Maybe a fight can boost one team's moral but stupid tripping, holding, slashing etc. penalties shouldn't be rewarded with fantasy points when all they do is hurt an NHL team.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Master

maybe some fireworks between isles-pens .

theres nothing on the line due to isles clinching / pens eliminated but there could be some penguin pride

Martin , Bortuzzo

Dobber Sports Superstar

For several years now I have put forward a motion in my leagues to move away from the PIM scoring cat. Years ago, I can't remember a whole lot about it, but, there was a source for fantasy hockey GM's that actually focused on the potential for upcoming fights. Kinda like this thread perhaps. Anyway, those days are long gone. I still maintain the PIM as a scoring stat needs to go away as well as that aspect of the game is slowly but surely disappearing from the NHL game. However, for reasons I'm just not understanding, those motions I put forward get resoundingly 100% of the time shit canned. Oh well.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Immortal

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    For several years now I have put forward a motion in my leagues to move away from the PIM scoring cat. Years ago, I can't remember a whole lot about it, but, there was a source for fantasy hockey GM's that actually focused on the potential for upcoming fights. Kinda like this thread perhaps. Anyway, those days are long gone. I still maintain the PIM as a scoring stat needs to go away as well as that aspect of the game is slowly but surely disappearing from the NHL game. However, for reasons I'm just not understanding, those motions I put forward get resoundingly 100% of the time shit canned. Oh well.
    Ya I don't understand it myself. Why is that something you want to cheer for; especially when Hits has basically become a standard across fantasy.

I used to join a baseball league that had hitter Ks and Errors! Every year Id beg the commish to move away from it and would just be ignored.

Dobber Sports Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by hockeyrobot View Post
    Ya I don't understand it myself. Why is that something you want to cheer for; especially when Hits has basically become a standard across fantasy.

I used to join a baseball league that had hitter Ks and Errors! Every year Id beg the commish to move away from it and would just be ignored.
    i respect you and your opinions a lot Dude but what you just said is most annoying thing when running leagues. You get new blood coming in and demanding rule changes...i usually ask them to watch the door on way out so they dont get hit in the ass...if you join league, read rules and either play by them or dont join.

Has a guy join last year, league just finished year 4 i want to say or maybe 5, and out of nowhere demanded that we introduce cap to the existing league or he will leave lol..
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Administrator

How about trying to help the person instead of giving lectures about PIM being bad? PIM is still a part of the fantasy game. You don't have to like it.

PIT, STL and ARI are eliminated and playing tonight. I think those games have the highest likelihood to go off the rails.

You can play around with date ranges in this report (only showing players active today), and check projected line combos to see who is playing
    https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...data_length=30

Side note: Reaves vs Jeannot also a possibility.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Good advice here.

Look for teams out-of-playoffs... any of their "goons" are more trying to make a reminder/holding-thought for their value going into next season.
    There aren't many games left with TWO non-playoff teams...

SEA @ MIN on Thursday April 18
    SJ @ CGY on Thursday April 18

Dryden Hunt for Calgary has been a buzzing fly last four games... 7 PIM including a fight vs ARI on 4/14.

The NHL might have like one fight a night these days...
    They are rare...
    https://www.hockeyfights.com/

Arizona plays their FINAL game at Mullet Arena tonight vs. Edmonton...
    I'd think a player or two is looking to go out with a BANG.

The guy that whooped Dryden Hunt the other night was Jan Jenik (see hockeyfights.com website above).
    He may be ready to throw with anybody from EDM.

Corey Perry still has enough "dog" in him to want to be part of the final highlights for the Coyotes.
    Maybe him.
    He doesn't fight much anymore, but he did vs Winnipeg on 3/26 and vs CGY on 2/24 and BOS on 2/21.