Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Korchinski or L. Hughes

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Korchinski or L. Hughes

In pts only keeper league, how do you see Korchinski and L. Hughes in term of points in 3-4 years? Are they on the same level?

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Korchinski or L. Hughes

i dont think they will be far out once both are in Prime but for now i would say Hughes has advantage due to the the team. I think it will be another 2-3 years before Chicago starts wining some games. Yes they got Bedard, but rest of the drawers are pretty bare still...they got some nice pieces like Reichel and Nazar but they need more.

So for next 3-4 years i think its Hughes. After 4 years and on, i think it gets much closer and we will see.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I think Hugues will put up more points for the next 2 years but I also think the celling of Korchinski is a lot higher with Bedard, so it depends if you want to win now or if you can afford a couple years of waiting.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Monster

I'll take Hughes here I think. Both have a veteran in their way in Hamilton and Jones, respectively, and Hughes does have the threat of Nemec, but I still think Hughes has a bit more upside now and in the future. Even with Bedard, that Hawks team is probably going bad for at least 3 more seasons, but it might take 5, 6, 7 years before that mess really becomes a top team again unless they get really fortunate in the draft and free agency.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Sage

I'd take Hughes without any doubt. He's got 47 points with one game remaining and there is a lot of room for improvement in his game. The negatives are that Hamilton has 4 years left on his contract and if he takes back the #1 PPQB slot, highly likely, then Hughes point production will decrease dramatically. (Half of Hughes points this season has come via the PP). But overall Hughes has the better skillset with his elite skating and wicked wrister. I haven't watched any Chicago hockey this season but I don't hear anything special about Korchinski, unlike Vlasic, and it's likely the Hawks take another high end dman in the draft.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Deity

Hughes is the better skilled player but in a worse position. I think a lot of the production we are seeing is simply based around the fact that Hamilton is out long term. I dont think Hughes is nearly as productive as we're seeing if Hamilton was healthy. That's what makes this so close.

Both kids have tons of room to grow but short term I think I'd want Korchinski. Longer term, I think Hughes will pass him, especially once Hamilton moves on, one way or the other.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I think they both have similar production in their prime. As stated, Hughes is the better choice at the moment due to the team he plays for. In a few years, they will most likely be equal.

The Great One

I think it would be a HUGE gamble (not one I'd be willing to take) to keep Korchinski (with 14 points in his rookie season) over Hughes (with 47 points in his rookie season)...I don't care what anyone thinks about Korchinski's future potential.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    I think it would be a HUGE gamble (not one I'd be willing to take) to keep Korchinski (with 14 points in his rookie season) over Hughes (with 47 points in his rookie season)...I don't care what anyone thinks about Korchinski's future potential.
    On paper, you are correct. There are a lot of factors as aforementioned. I didn't watch many NJD games this year, but what does Hamilton's return mean for Hughes' PP time next year? 25 of Hughes 47 points were on the PP this year. Hughes averaged 3:36 per game on the PP. Korchinski was 1:49, mostly on PP2 with Seth Jones in front of him. As we all know in the NHL, most of the time the contract gives players a long leash(aka Jones). If Hamilton comes back and gets PP1 and Hughes goes to PP2, that will be a 1:00+ per game reduction in play time and probably 10-15 points off his total minimum.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by BlackhawksFan View Post
    On paper, you are correct. There are a lot of factors as aforementioned. I didn't watch many NJD games this year, but what does Hamilton's return mean for Hughes' PP time next year? 25 of Hughes 47 points were on the PP this year. Hughes averaged 3:36 per game on the PP. Korchinski was 1:49, mostly on PP2 with Seth Jones in front of him. As we all know in the NHL, most of the time the contract gives players a long leash(aka Jones). If Hamilton comes back and gets PP1 and Hughes goes to PP2, that will be a 1:00+ per game reduction in play time and probably 10-15 points off his total minimum.
    All valid points but it's still a huge gamble imo to keep Korchinski over Hughes. I have nothing against Korchinski at all but we have seen so many highly-touted young dmen not amount to much at the NHL level. Some carve out a career but never become fantasy relevant...many more never even become NHL regulars. Hughes' rookie season proves he belongs and has fantasy potential already. Sure, he may lose the PP spot to Hamilton next year and his production may drop. Or, Hughes may outplay Hamilton and retain the PP role. I can't say either way, but I see no reason at all to keep Korchinski over Hughes because they are in (at best) the same situation next year and at worse Korchinski never becomes fantasy relevant. Do we know for sure Korchinski can put up 50 pts in the NHL? Maybe. I know for sure that Hughes can.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

Dobber Sports Superstar

When all is said and done, and we look back on these guys careers it is likely going to end up pretty much a dead heat. I agree that for the next two to three years Hughes will likely be the better producer but when Hamilton returns, which he will, we'll see what kind of opportunity Hughes will be given. What I like and I don't think anyone can dispute, is when given the opportunity, Hughes produced big time, the kid is good, he's proven it and he's only 20. That is something that Korchinski has yet to do. He very likely will, but when we are talking about pushing for a 50 pt season, that could well be a year or two away, we'll see how that goes.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Star

I'll go with Hughes.

Dobber Sports Novice

Thank you for the replies.

I was asking for your views, because I work on an offer involving my L. Hughes, 2OA and maybe plus for the 1OA (Celebrini) and K. Korchinski.

Dobber Sports Star

Quote Originally Posted by naslund26 View Post
    Thank you for the replies.

I was asking for your views, because I work on an offer involving my L. Hughes, 2OA and maybe plus for the 1OA (Celebrini) and K. Korchinski.
    I would make that trade for Celebrini. While I believe Hughes to be more valuable than Korchinski, Celebrini towers over both, so I'd be happy to make that deal. I'd be willing to add more to the Hughes side to make it happen.

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by senryu View Post
    I would make that trade for Celebrini. While I believe Hughes to be more valuable than Korchinski, Celebrini towers over both, so I'd be happy to make that deal. I'd be willing to add more to the Hughes side to make it happen.
    I agree. While I feel the separation between Hughes and Korchinski is greater than several in this thread, I’d easily make that trade since there’s an even greater separation between Celebrini and whoever is #2.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov