Thread: Zetterlund Upside

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Zetterlund Upside

What's his points upside ? Gotta think if he can put up 40-45 pts on a bad Sharks team he has another level yet ?

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Default Re: Zetterlund Upside

As a Sharks fan I think it's a double-edged sword. Part of the reason why he's producing is because he is on a bad team so he gets top-minutes (top line, top PP). I think as the team gets better or he ends up on a different team, he gets pushed down the lineup to second line/ second power-play. That being said, I can see him continuing to improve with this squad as he is fitting in nicely, but I don't think he eclipses the mid-50s.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Zetterlund is 24 now, not a rookie, he is at, or very near his prime and I don't think we are going to see a huge jump in production, it is what it is. He's most fortunate with his deployment in San Jose, top line and PP1, in fact 3 minutes of PP in the last quarter. Does this last? Well, the Sharks depth chart is pretty brutal, the prospects in the pipeline are much better but these guys are a few years away so Zetterlund should benefit from that. However, despite the deployment, IMO, we are talking about a middle six forward and expecting production over 70 pts is just not going to happen again, IMO. I have Zetterlund optimistically as a 50 - 55 pt guy with 60 pt upside if the stars absolutely align. If he loses the prime ice, the production falls off but for the time being he's likely OK.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Padawan

Agree with the rest of the posters. I would imagine SJ brings in some vets to showcase and trade at the deadline next year while they transition to the prospects. This could hurt him a bit but i expect a similar year next year. Maybe a little bit of an uptick.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen....Bobrovsky
    D: Fox....Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovi ch....Zellweger....Toews....Ekholm

F: Eichel....Caufield....J Robertson....W Nylander....Kucherov
    Eklund....W Johnston....Peterka....Fiala....Bratt

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th
    2022 7th
    2023 Third Place

Dobber Sports Demi-God

SJ has one forward signed at over $2m cap hit for next year.
    https://www.capfriendly.com/teams/sharks
    That's just crazy. Yeah - they'll bring in somebody.

Still... right now Zetterlund is the #3 forward for PP time (behind Granlund and Eklund, I believe).
    Maybe they need to trade for Cameron Lund. LOL. Oh wait... Grier drafted Lund. How 'bout that!

In case you are wondering (I was):
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lund_(...vian%20surname.