Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Gabe Perreault

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Gabe Perreault

Where would everyone rank Perreault if he was in this years draft. Thanks in advance

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Gabe Perreault

I think he would be borderline top-10 in the 2024 draft. At lot of people were very high on him and his skill set in last years draft, and thought he went lower than he should have. While he has performed well this year, he also has supreme talent around him at Boston College in Smith(4th OA)/Leonard(8th OA)/Gauthier(5th OA). I think this skews his numbers a bit, and that they are a bit inflated. That is not to take away from his talent though. Based on this, my question is does he drive the play on his own, or will be be more of a role player based on the talent around him? This will dictate his ceiling in the NHL.

Dobber Sports Deity

Lots of good Dmen in this years draft who will get taken in the top 10 in real life, but we all know Dmen in fantasy drop like lead balloons come draft time. Not as many high end forwards that could be game changers. That being said, I'd have Perreault probably in the 5-6 range at this point. I rarely take a Dman in my top 10 and looking at the other 4-5 forwards, I am not sure I like many of them outside of your known guys like Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov (and I hate drafting Russians too but thats another story but I will include him in this list for argument sake because I know others will question why I didnt include him), Helenius. Now we're in that range of Iginla, Catton, Lindstrom and that's the range I like Perreault.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Ace

I’d put him in the 10ish range

Dobber Sports Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by Axeman33 View Post
    Lots of good Dmen in this years draft who will get taken in the top 10 in real life, but we all know Dmen in fantasy drop like lead balloons come draft time. Not as many high end forwards that could be game changers. That being said, I'd have Perreault probably in the 5-6 range at this point. I rarely take a Dman in my top 10 and looking at the other 4-5 forwards, I am not sure I like many of them outside of your known guys like Celebrini, Eiserman, Demidov (and I hate drafting Russians too but thats another story but I will include him in this list for argument sake because I know others will question why I didnt include him), Helenius. Now we're in that range of Iginla, Catton, Lindstrom and that's the range I like Perreault.
    This is a good point, are we talking fantasy or not? I'd have Celebrini, Demidov, Parekh, Buium for sure ahead of him. I think Helenius and Catton are for sure ahead of him. I'd have him similar to axe in the range of Iginla, Eiserman, Lindstrom,

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    This is a good point, are we talking fantasy or not? I'd have Celebrini, Demidov, Parekh, Buium for sure ahead of him. I think Helenius and Catton are for sure ahead of him. I'd have him similar to axe in the range of Iginla, Eiserman, Lindstrom,
    I was only thinking about fantasy value but you make a good point if this is more about real life draft. He would drop in my rankings around 9-10 range if we are just talking about the actual NHL draft.

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."

Dobber Sports Demi-God

I own Perreault, and from what I'm reading - I'd probably push him outside the 5-15 range that many people are bundling as "good+" tier for the 2024 draft.
    I like his smarts - but he doesn't have NHL pace... so he's going to be a VERY polarizing player for expectation & stats.
    He's not going to be a player that carries the puck through the neutral zone a lot.
    He's going to have to depend more on his line's puck possession and his creativity when he gets that puck in the offensive zone.
    (The goal he scored yesterday vs Michigan late, that won't work in the NHL. That works vs NCAA-speed, not vs NHL-speed.)

He's WILL, I think, be able to ride on a first line (someday)...
    And he CAN put up 60-70pts IF (huge, huge IF) with another talented set of players
    Comparable: Teuvo Teravainen or Mattias Maccelli

I do not think he's going to generate his offense though, if he's put on a 3rd or 4th line wing.
    So... I really expect slower-stats out-of-the-gate.

Because he got to top line wing with W.Smith-Leonard this year... the points are there.
    But he's not really THAT good a player.

He's stats are going to be very close to his linemates... which could be very good... or very bad.

There is a reason he slid to #18 overall.
    He fits only with a team that can find the right fit for him.
    I'm crossing my fingers on NYR finding him the right future...
    He's a great "risk" pick...

I also think he's a great "sell high", right now.

Thank you guys that was extremely helpful. All really good points i have the number one pick this year and plan on taking Celebrini but wanted to get a feel wht you all thought about Perrault as he went undrafted in our league last year.

With that being said what is everyones overall feeling on how good Celebrini might be is he the type you think is a lock to make the opening night roster next season or will he have have to mariante a bit.

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by redwing401959 View Post
    With that being said what is everyones overall feeling on how good Celebrini might be is he the type you think is a lock to make the opening night roster next season or will he have have to mariante a bit.
    It will depend on where he ends up and whether he decides to leave school early or not, but it's not unusual for 1st overall picks (me assuming he's going 1st of course) to jump to the NHL right away.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

It will depend on where he ends up and whether he decides to leave school early or not, but it's not unusual for 1st overall picks (me assuming he's going 1st of course) to jump to the NHL right away.
    Agreed a lot depends on who drafts him. I'd lean towards him playing in the NHL next year though.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I agree with this assessment.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap
    1 pt/G or A, 2 pts/W, 1 pt/OTL, 1 pt/SO

Forward: B. Point, M. Necas, A. Debrincat, T. Zegras, J. Bratt, L. Raymond
    Defense: J. Morrissey, A. DeAngelo, S. Gostisbehere, D. Doughty
    Goalie: T. Demko, E. Merzlikins
    Bench: M. Rossi, C. Glass, M. Maccelli, M. Dumba, K. Shattenkirk, F. Andersen
    Prospects of Note: L. Stankoven, J. Lekkerimaki, D. Yurov, B. Clarke

League has been running continuously since 1997-98

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by redwing401959 View Post
    it's been a long time since a first overall pick didn't play in the NHL right away
    12 team, H2H, salary cap

Dobber Sports Deity

Quote Originally Posted by SeaDawg View Post
    it's been a long time since a first overall pick didn't play in the NHL right away
    Owen Power was the last one that I can remember and that was just a couple years ago.

The Great One

Owen Power was the last one that I can remember and that was just a couple years ago.
    I should have said first overall picks that weren't dmen! hehe

all kidding aside, I completely forgot about Powers. That said, it makes sense that the only one in recent memory was a dman considering that is a really tough position to play at the NHL level, comparatively speaking. I wonder when the last first overall "forward" pick didn't play in the NHL right away? I honestly can't remember one from the last 15 years at least.
    12 team, H2H, salary cap