Thread: Semi decided by .05 points. Waiting on Fantrax Stat Corrections.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Semi decided by .05 points. Waiting on Fantrax Stat Corrections.

League in signature.

I’m already through to the finals, but I don’t know who I will play yet because the other semi was decided by .05 points.

Fantrax has already adjusted the result flip by adding 2 hits to the original losing teams player and then one hour after adding those 2 hits, they took one of them away. Such a BS system. Was it is a hit or wasn’t it? Either way, the original loser is now winning by .05.

The league is holding up scheduling the finals (Commish is the original losing team - now winning).

It makes you wonder why they haven’t held up the result of other close matchups? With the potential for a full point point swing in some cases, what makes this matchup the one holding up moving forward? Last week, I had Benoit go from 11 hits to 6 one morning after. If my opponent gained the same amount, that’s a full point. Is anyone going back to see old playoff matchups to see if the result is different now? One team lost his first round matchup by 0.8 points. They just moved on. It would be interesting to go see if the loser actually ended up winning after Stat Corrections.

Would love to beat the Commish, so I hope his stalling gets him the W he’s waiting, stalling, hoping and praying for.
    B2B Champ. Dynasty Pot Winner - only champ the league has ever had.
    32 Team Dynasty~NHL cap using AAV
    2400+ players owned
    12F 6D 1G 4Bench, 57 Minors
    Scoring Cats: - Skaters 1G, 1A, 0.1 for (each SOG, H, Blk) - Goalies 1W, 1Shutout, .05 save
    12F - Panarin~Batherson~Kadri~Verhaeghe~
    Marchessault~Barbashev~N.Roy~Bjorkstrand~Sharangov ich~
    Pacioretty~Drouin
    6D - Carlson~Borgen~Ferraro~Middleton~Benoit
    1G - Shesterkin
    Minors:
    Fwd:Kovalenko~Berggren~Dufour~N.Foote~Rousek~ Posposil~McMann~Lavoie
    D: Tucker~Z.Jones~Kaiser~A.Hirose~Mermis
    Livingstone~Korczak~J.Poirier~Ahcan~Emberson
    G: Hofer~Sandstrom~Annunen~Prosvetov~
    Stevenson~Tolopilo~Clang~Chrona~Fedotov

Dobber Sports Master

Default Re: Semi decided by .05 points. Waiting on Fantrax Stat Corrections.

there is over 2,592 adjusted ''hits'' that were stat ''corrected'' in one of my fantrax leagues since season opening .

24 team league , h2h fps so its not as impactful as h2h cats since .01 is the stat multiplier for hits in said league

Dobber Sports Demi-God

^Yup. Last week, I had a 0.2pt lead at 11am... and then at 1pm I was down by 0.1pts.
    Hits are worth 0.05pts each... and I had 6 hits deleted from a TB-TOR game.

It didn't impact result... but it does look like the NHL is doing its own stat-review of every game...
    And apparently the NHL's statisticians doesn't always agree with the Home-Team statisticians.
    For the most part, it's HITS being REDUCED.

In Fantrax, you can go Other > All Options > Stat Corrections

It looks like adjustments are being updated in chunks... and not necessarily game by game...
    Most recent was the NSH@NJD set... updated... at 12:43pm EST...

Who knows when the update will be complete...
    I guess one could look at past days for "latest" correction time.
    I feel like 1pm or 2pm-ish (EST) is about when the last one is made each day.

fantrax 2024-04-08 at 1-11pm.png

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Pengwin7 View Post
    ^Yup. Last week, I had a 0.2pt lead at 11am... and then at 1pm I was down by 0.1pts.
    Hits are worth 0.05pts each... and I had 6 hits deleted from a TB-TOR game.

It didn't impact result... but it does look like the NHL is doing its own stat-review of every game...
    And apparently the NHL's statisticians doesn't always agree with the Home-Team statisticians.
    For the most part, it's HITS being REDUCED.

In Fantrax, you can go Other > All Options > Stat Corrections

It looks like adjustments are being updated in chunks... and not necessarily game by game...
    Most recent was the NSH@NJD set... updated... at 12:43pm EST...

Who knows when the update will be complete...
    I guess one could look at past days for "latest" correction time.
    I feel like 1pm or 2pm-ish (EST) is about when the last one is made each day.

fantrax 2024-04-08 at 1-11pm.png
    Thanks to OP for this thread and the post.
    I had a tough discussion in the first round of our league where a matchup result was changed the next day because of 1 HIT!
    On Sunday night one team won the category matchup 6-5-2. Monday afternoon a hit was added to one side making the overall matchup 6-6-1 and the improving team won on tiebreaker.
    The team that went from loss to win was rightfully upset and was asking me (as Commish) how hits could change after the fact (it made no sense to me). I did not have an answer for him but told him the modified result would stand.

HITs/SOG and SV% are the only stats we use which are not on the scoresheet and HITS is the most subjective by far so it is nice to know what causes stat corrections in that regard.
    I did some digging and ESPN posts there stat corrections here if anyone is interested. Each day shows a lot of corrections regarding HITS (both adds and subtractions).
    https://fantasy.espn.com/hockey/stat...ngPeriodId=167

comparing the Fantrax screenshot to the ESPN page it looks like the sites are using different stat providers. a few examples:
    - Drouin currently shows 0 hits on Sunday (as opposed to 1 on fantrax)
    - Tom Wilson still shows 4 hits on ESPN (Fantrax went 4-->3)
    12 team H-2-H 1 year league, daily roster changes, 3 goalie start minimum/week
    2xC, 2xRW, 2xLW, 4xD, 3xUtil, 2xG, 5 Bench
    G, A, P, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, SOG, Hits, W, SV%, GAA, SVs
    C: C. Keller, C. Mittelstadt, B. Nelson, R. Strome,
    LW: K. Connor, B. Tkachuk, J. Gaudreau, J. Marchessault, E. Rodrigues, A. Lafreniere
    RW: K. Fiala, J. Bratt, T. Jeannot V. Arvidsson
    D: R. Josi, J. Trouba, E. Gustafsson,
    G: L. Thompson, F. Gustavsson, V. Vanecek
    NO IR

Administrator

I'm not sure which system is better, Fantrax's slow correction, or Yahoo's bulk dumps. The thing with Yahoo is that they don't get to the adjustments for Sunday's games. They simply mark them as coming in too late to apply to the scoring for your league. I just had my finals get flipped from me losing into a tie overnight because of the stat corrections, so I ultimately win on the tiebreaker, but those don't and won't include any of Sunday's games.

Looking at the stat corrections that have come through thus far for Sunday, I'd gain 0.1 points, while the other team wouldn't gain any, but I'd also be riding a rollercoaster with Drouin having hits added and then taken away if following the Fantrax drips.
    Follow me on Twitter@SteveLaidlaw

https://image.ibb.co/k3o8Sa/dobber_banner_sig.jpg

Dobber Sports Superstar

I did hear from Elliot Friedman during one of his Radio hits that the NHL was specifically cracking down on hit totals across the league this season to bring some semblance of consistency to it as some home arenas have tended to be very generous with their teams players.

I do wonder if this has something to do with more betting taking place across sports and the NHL wants to be in control of it to get a better handle on accuracy and consistency.

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by BloodSport View Post
    League in signature.

I’m already through to the finals, but I don’t know who I will play yet because the other semi was decided by .05 points.

Fantrax has already adjusted the result flip by adding 2 hits to the original losing teams player and then one hour after adding those 2 hits, they took one of them away. Such a BS system. Was it is a hit or wasn’t it? Either way, the original loser is now winning by .05.

The league is holding up scheduling the finals (Commish is the original losing team - now winning).

It makes you wonder why they haven’t held up the result of other close matchups? With the potential for a full point point swing in some cases, what makes this matchup the one holding up moving forward? Last week, I had Benoit go from 11 hits to 6 one morning after. If my opponent gained the same amount, that’s a full point. Is anyone going back to see old playoff matchups to see if the result is different now? One team lost his first round matchup by 0.8 points. They just moved on. It would be interesting to go see if the loser actually ended up winning after Stat Corrections.

Would love to beat the Commish, so I hope his stalling gets him the W he’s waiting, stalling, hoping and praying for.
    Definitely appreciate that nobody in this thread took the bait and tried to pile onto your commissioner-is-crooked hook. You brought up a good point though, Notch, even though I don't think that was your actual intention.

The answer to your question though is probably that not that many matchups are or have been close enough that anyone involved thought to check the stat corrections. A 0.05 spread though, if it was me, I'd be grasping at straws. Hope springs eternal, and all that. The commissioner in question here would likely do the same for anyone in a similar situation.

Also, why the second account? This your burner?
    Ice Cap

Dynasty, 32 team cap league (1:1 NHL Cap/Floor), H2H weekly, points (G: 1 / A: 1 / Blks: 0.1 / HTS: 0.1 / SOG: 0.1 / W: 1 / SO: 1 / SV: 0.05)
    Start 12 F, 6 D, 1 G, 4 Bench, 27 Minors/Prospects

Roster