Thread: Sillinger vs Hayton vs Krebs vs Glass

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Sillinger vs Hayton vs Krebs vs Glass

Battle of the post-hype under performers. Which one has the best change of living up to their potential? Rank them for upside/chance of reaching it. H2H points dynasty that counts G, A, HT, PPP, SHP, SOG, hits, blocks, FOW, plus minus.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Sillinger vs Hayton vs Krebs vs Glass

In this format:
    Sillinger / hayton (slight edge to sillinger for perphs)

Krebs
    Glass

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I’m honestly not sure how Sillinger belongs in this grouping, but he’s the clear choice. He’s 3 years younger than Hayton and Krebs, 5 years younger than Glass, has the most GP out of any of them and 12 less points than Hayton (and more than the other two) with (somehow) far worse linemates, team situation, and coaching.

The Great One

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I’m honestly not sure how Sillinger belongs in this grouping, but he’s the clear choice. He’s 3 years younger than Hayton and Krebs, 5 years younger than Glass, has the most GP out of any of them and 12 less points than Hayton (and more than the other two) with (somehow) far worse linemates, team situation, and coaching.
    Yeah, I found it odd for Sillinger to be among these others - he's head and shoulders above the rest. Glass did show signs of life late last season but now seems back to his disappointing self. To me the only question is who to rank second and third, and it's tough, but I give the edge to Hayton - less of a logjam, although Mittelstadt at least gives Krebs more of a glimmer of hope.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think Hayton still has solid upside- but my issue has always been that long term I believe he's the 2c in Zona. I thought for a second he might be able to cement himself as the 1c to the point where he could make it sporting and have a couple years of either l1 production but he hasn't done himself any favors. If he can regroup next year things look better for him but with Cooley on the squad I think you're lucky if you even get one year of l1 production. Hes not bumping keller or schmaltz in my opinion so his job is to keep Cooley at bay and he came up well short this year.

I was pretty high on Glass- drafted him- but the truth is even at the time there were some problematic qualities to his game. I heard one scout describe him as one of those old arcade bubble hockey centers- in that he doesn't get off his track and plays strictly north/south. Now I'm sure that was an exaggeration even back then but its not the kind of thing you want to read about a center your drafting for upside lol! The good news is Nashville takes FOREVER to develop their young guns- theirs hope for a 60ish point player here- but im waiting until I see him do ANYTHING before I add him lol!

Krebs- I'm sort of giving up and thats a shame but not only is depth a HUGE issue in Buffalo- I've also read some interviews where he says hes committed to carving out a role that can help the team win amd to that end has been leaning is to his shutdown game. Is that a death strike for a developing young player? No- i suppose not but again its not great news if you were looking for offense out of him- lol! I could see him as the 3c over there and putting up 45 for the next 3 years- thats a pass for me.

Agree with others Cole is a bit too young to be on this list BUT he will be in tight to get into a suddenly crowded top six- especially with Marchenko stepping up the way he has. He IS in a different tier based on age but I think in terms of situation hes sort of similar. That said im not writing him off yet- next year will be telling..
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Demi-God

Sillinger
    Hayton
    Krebs
    Glass

Dobber Sports Superstar

Agreed, I don't really think that Sillinger wears the "post hype underperformance" handle. The others do. That said, I'm not so sure I'm anointing Sillinger as the clear-cut choice here, not at 20 years of age and good but not spectacular numbers, I'm wanting to see more. Obviously, we are all wanting to see more from the other three as well. IMO, I think Hayton could be as good or better than Sillinger, time will tell, but I think he is already well established, and I have a feeling Hayton is poised to significantly break out next year. Again, I may be wrong, but I think Hayton has the same upside as Sillinger and a much better 3YP for the next few years. Krebs has all sorts of skill, but it sure looks like he will play more of a shutdown role rather than a scoring role in Buffalo. There is just so much young talent in Buffalo that it's difficult to know where Krebs ultimately fits in but expectations need to managed, I believe. Glass is unfortunately, a young player whose career has been seriously impacted by injury, I don't know if he ever fully hits his potential, I'm not inclined to take a chance on him. Here is how I have them:

Hayton/Sillinger
    Krebs
    Glass
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf