Thread: Michkov contract

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Michkov contract

I read that Michkov have a contract that will end in 2025-26 seasons. There is some rumours he can stay in KHL 2 years after.

Do someone have an update on that situation?
    1) 16 teams full keeper H2H. Start 9F, 4D, 1G, 2 Championships
    pts: (D : 7 pts G /5 pts A), (F : 5pts G /3 pts A), (G : 10 pts W / 5 pts SO), (D/F : 1 pt +/-, 0.5 pts PIM, 0.1 FOW, 0.2 Hits, 0.3 pts SOG, PP and SH).

Forward : Aho, Svechnikov, PLDubois, Giroux, Couture, Wheeler, Cozens, Karlsson, Vrana, Anderson,​Greenway,

Defenses : Dahlin, Fox, Doughty, Toews, , Slavin, Miller

Goalies : Oettinger, Vanecek, Bobrovsky

Prospects : Dostal, Schmid, Chinakhov, Bordeleau, Ostlund, Brindley, Gulyayev

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Default Re: Michkov contract

I think he can stay in the KHL as long as he wants to if he chooses to pursue another contract in the KHL as opposed to trying to come over to the NHL.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Michkov contract

I think the KHL/Russia might make a new rule based off of what they consider active work to avoid conscription.
    Before the Jan1, 2024, the max age was 27, now it's 30yrs old.

Is the extension of the KHL term based off this? His last yr under his current deal is 2026 and he'll be 22yrs old (turning 23 in December). The new rule also states they are not allowed to leave Russia from the day they are summoned to a conscription office. So there's jobs that you can get that avoid conscription (I think based off request though) and a hockey player is one of them. Maybe there's something in these new rules that have the potential of extending Michkov's stay in Russia?
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll