Thread: Keep 1: Trocheck, Buchnevich, Kane

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Keep 1: Trocheck, Buchnevich, Kane

League 1 in signature.

Struggling with this one. I’ll likely only be keeping one of these three players. Who’s the best choice?

Edit: should mention it’s Evander Kane
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Re: Keep 1: Trocheck, Buchnevich, Kane

What are the current pointsper game in your league for each of these guys. Might be helpful if you post that important info. as I don't think anyone is going to take the time to figure that all out, especially today.
    SOME POOL RULES. Points only (G-1, A-1). One year Hybrid Pool. 3 round draft with balance of roster selected from any undrafted NHLer.. 19F 4 D 2 Rooks SALARIES AND POSITIONS DO NOT MATTER (other than being a F or D). NO Inter-Team Trading, Bench or Minors. Our WAIVER WIRE is ANY player in the NHL who is not Drafted in our league's 3 round draft. Each manager gets 6 ADD/DROPS (TRADES) for the year...any player on roster can be TRADED for any unDrafted F/D/R from ANY NHL team. INJURY RULE "IR". A hurt player can be replaced by another F/D from HIS NHL team and this is NOT considered a trade.. Injured player can be put back on team any time.

Dobber Sports Sage

Trocheck has had a monster season that has kinda gone under-the-radar. Can you sell high on him and keep Buchnevich? I have watched quite a few Ranger games over the last couple weeks and the Trocheck/Panarin/Laffy line has been excellent and Trocheck is a helluva player with more high-end skill than I realized.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Trocheck really benefited from Chytl’s injuries this year. I don’t envision him getting the same deployment next year, so I would definitely try to sell high. Even if there’s no takers, I’m not keeping him over your other options. To me, it’s Buchnevich that you keep.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    Trocheck really benefited from Chytl’s injuries this year. I don’t envision him getting the same deployment next year, so I would definitely try to sell high. Even if there’s no takers, I’m not keeping him over your other options. To me, it’s Buchnevich that you keep.
    I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree with this sentiment. Chytil is not as good as Trocheck, he is best suited as a third line center still. I think he will take until his late 20's to become true top six material. Vinny is right handed, one of the best at draws in the league, and as said, has plenty of skill to maintain his deployment. Buch is great of course but injury prone. At only 30, Trocheck has many quality seasons still ahead.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Sorry, current fantasy points this season:

Trocheck: 187, 2.53 p/g
    Buchnevich: 161, 2.23 p/g
    Kane: 134, 1.91 p/g

Trocheck looks to be the obvious choice, but looking for insights as the posters above have provided in terms of his deployment and outlook for next year. He’s having a career year - can he repeat or will he regress?

I’ve kept Buchnevich for the last two seasons, picked up Trocheck this season, and wondering if he’s a better option.
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Stud

Quote Originally Posted by LuigiC173 View Post
    I'm sorry but I respectfully disagree with this sentiment. Chytil is not as good as Trocheck, he is best suited as a third line center still. I think he will take until his late 20's to become true top six material. Vinny is right handed, one of the best at draws in the league, and as said, has plenty of skill to maintain his deployment. Buch is great of course but injury prone. At only 30, Trocheck has many quality seasons still ahead.
    No worries, it's good to have healthy debate. I agree with you that Chytil is not as good as Trocheck, and Chytil is best suited as a 3rd line C. However, if I remember correctly, Trocheck was deployed as the 3rd line C, and Chytil was 2nd line C until Chytil got hurt:

Line combos for Q1: Chytil - https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...s/filip-chytil
    Line combos for Q1: Trocheck - https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...ncent-trocheck

Who knows what would have happened over the course of the season if Chytil was healthy. He may have lost the job to Trocheck naturally. However, Trocheck is having a career year (first time ever at > 1 point per game and pacing for 83 points this year). The last time he came close to that was in 2020 and in 2017, with 0.9 pts per game and a 75 point pace. The other 8 of his 11 seasons are averaging in the mid 50's for point pace. Granted, that's still slightly better than Chytil's #'s. However, when I look at all of that, and combine the opportunity Trocheck was given this year, I'm hesitant to say he'll be able to repeat a career year next year.

But I respect that you have you have a different opinion. And far be it for a Devils fan to debate the Rangers roster with a Rangers fan

joeb323, can you post what Trocheck's points and p/g were in each of the last 2 years? I'd be curious what a non-career year for him looks like, compared to Buchnevich.
    12 Team Weekly H2H, Daily Lineups. Keep 7 + 1 Prospect (<164 NHL games).
    Scoring:
    PLAYER: G(3), A(2), D Pts(addt'l 0.7), +/-(0.5), PPP(addt'l 1), SHP(addt'l 0.5), SOG(0.4), BLK(0.8)
    GOALIE: W(2), GA(-1.5), Saves(0.3), SO(3)
    Positions - 3C, 2RW, 2LW, 4D, 2G, 5 Bench, 4 IR, 1 prospect

C - J Hughes(LW), Hintz, Malkin, Pinto
    LW - M Tkachuk(RW), Robertson
    RW - Rust, Necas, Zuccarello
    D - Makar, Fox, Bouchard, Roy, Krug
    G - Oettinger, Thompson, Wedgewood
    Prospect Keeper - L Hughes(D)
    IR - Hill(G)

2024 Picks - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Referee3083 View Post
    No worries, it's good to have healthy debate. I agree with you that Chytil is not as good as Trocheck, and Chytil is best suited as a 3rd line C. However, if I remember correctly, Trocheck was deployed as the 3rd line C, and Chytil was 2nd line C until Chytil got hurt:

Line combos for Q1: Chytil - https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...s/filip-chytil
    Line combos for Q1: Trocheck - https://frozenpool.dobbersports.com/...ncent-trocheck

Who knows what would have happened over the course of the season if Chytil was healthy. He may have lost the job to Trocheck naturally. However, Trocheck is having a career year (first time ever at > 1 point per game and pacing for 83 points this year). The last time he came close to that was in 2020 and in 2017, with 0.9 pts per game and a 75 point pace. The other 8 of his 11 seasons are averaging in the mid 50's for point pace. Granted, that's still slightly better than Chytil's #'s. However, when I look at all of that, and combine the opportunity Trocheck was given this year, I'm hesitant to say he'll be able to repeat a career year next year.

But I respect that you have you have a different opinion. And far be it for a Devils fan to debate the Rangers roster with a Rangers fan

joeb323, can you post what Trocheck's points and p/g were in each of the last 2 years? I'd be curious what a non-career year for him looks like, compared to Buchnevich.
    they def want Chytil to blossom into the 2C of the future, especially with his very team friendly contract but yes, Trocheck's "promotion" via Filip's injury turned into a career season. At this point though, that trio is just too good together, I really can't see Laviolette disturbing it. Plus it's led to Laffy's breakthrough with more to come hopefully. I digress though in that in the end, selecting Buch out of all of them isn't crazy by any means. Riding shotgun with a Panarin makes for a compelling case nonetheless.

Dobber Sports Superstar

It would seem Kane is, by omission, out of the conversation, and at this point in his career I fully agree with that, I believe the sun is about to begin setting on Evander, that may already have started to happen.

Great conversation on the other two, particularly Trocheck. Buch will have prime deployment in St Louis, there is no "Chytil" factor at play with Buch IMO, and he is in a contract year BTW, so next year so he could be motivated to get back to the PPG+ production he provided for the Blues for 2 years prior to this current off year. As has already been discussed, Trocheck is having a career year, but at age 30 he's never been a PPG forward until this year. For me it boils down to whether you think it more likely that Trocheck will be able to repeat his career year and be a PPG guy next year, or whether Buchnevich can get back to the PPG+ production. Personally, I'm going with the guy who is two years younger and has been the more prolific scorer over the last 3 years. Buchnevich for me.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports All-Star

I like Trocheck. He plays with better players and gets you a bit of a potpourri of stats.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Coin flip between the top two but I would go with Buch.
    20 team keeper: 20 players. no farm.
    Goals=2 pts---Assists=1 pt-----DG=3-----Wins=3.5-----SO=4

G: Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen....Bobrovsky
    D: Fox....Bouchard....Letang....Heiskanen....Perunovi ch....Zellweger....Toews....Ekholm

F: Eichel....Caufield....J Robertson....W Nylander....Kucherov
    Eklund....W Johnston....Peterka....Fiala....Bratt

2012 Third Place
    2013 Runner Up
    2014 Iron League Champion
    2015 Iron League Champion
    2016 Runner-Up
    2017 Third Place

2018 4th
    2019 18th-rebuild

2020 10th
    2021 8th