Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Will Dougie Hamilton recover?

Dobber Sports Padawan

Default Will Dougie Hamilton recover?

League 1 in Sig - Trying to think through my keepers for next year. Dmen are really valuable in my league because of the extra points they earn, so I have a plan to keep 4:

Josi
    Hamilton
    Toews
    Clarke

I understand that Clarke is not quite there yet, but it’s tough to acquire good dman, quality prospects in particular, so I’ll definitely be keeping him.

My question is about Hamilton. Will he be able to recover to be him old self pre-injury? Also, will Luke Hughes emergence really cut into his production and value?

Im wondering if now might be the time to trade him while he still has pretty high value
    League 1: 16 Teams. 8 Keepers. Weekly H2H
    F (Start 6): Barkov, J.Hughes, Zibanejad, E. Kane, Buchnevich, Kopitar, Coyle, Trocheck
    D (Start 4): Josi, Hamilton, Toews, Hanifin, Pionk, Clarke, Korchinski
    G (Start 1): Vasilevskiy, Daccord

Point System
    G=2, A=1, D-man G/A=+1, PIM=0.5, +/-=0.5, Shot=0.1, PPG=1, PPA=1
    Goalie Points
    W=4, S= 0.14, GA=-1, OvertimeW=1, ShootOutW =1, ShutOut=2

League 2: 12 Team Dynasty League - 30 man roster plus 7 farm.
    Keep 20 + 7 farm. Weekly H2H Roto. G, A, Shots, Hits, Blocks, PPP, Goalie W, SV%, GAA. Forward Positional Requirements.

Dobber Sports Ace

Default Re: Will Dougie Hamilton recover?

I would keep Dougie

Dobber Sports Wizard

Hamilton is your second best D even if he is at 50%
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Ninja

I'd keep Hamilton. I don't know much about a torn pec muscle, but it's not a knee and I don't remember anyone with a torn pec being significantly hindered after recovering. Again, I'm not a doctor, but I'd roll the dice and keep Hamilton hoping that he picks up where he left off before the injury.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Grand Master

I mean long term I’d use Hamilton to upgrade at forward and keep Clarke and Korchinski but that’s just me.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by rataylor22 View Post
    I mean long term I’d use Hamilton to upgrade at forward and keep Clarke and Korchinski but that’s just me.
    That’s an option I’m thinking about too. I haven’t watched a ton of Korchinski though - is he going to be the real deal?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I would keep Korchinski before Clark, especially long term. He is only 19 years and looked very good. It’s a matter of time before he gets PP1 duties with someone called Bedard…
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Muir View Post
    I would keep Korchinski before Clark, especially long term. He is only 19 years and looked very good. It’s a matter of time before he gets PP1 duties with someone called Bedard…
    Oh yeah. He’s lining up to be the Bouchard of Chicago.

Dobber Sports Superstar

Maybe I'm missing something here, but you say you want to keep 4 D. I'm not sure why Hamilton is in the discussion as a drop? If it's me, I'm keeping Hamilton, Josi, Clarke and Korchinski and parting ways with Toews. 2 very Solid Vets and 2 Blue Chip rookies, nice balance IMO.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Maybe I'm missing something here, but you say you want to keep 4 D. I'm not sure why Hamilton is in the discussion as a drop? If it's me, I'm keeping Hamilton, Josi, Clarke and Korchinski and parting ways with Toews. 2 very Solid Vets and 2 Blue Chip rookies, nice balance IMO.
    FWIW, I agree with this, I just assume if you want to upgrade your F keepers Hamilton will be a better carrot than Toews.

Dobber Sports Padawan

Quote Originally Posted by joeb323 View Post
    League 1 in Sig - Trying to think through my keepers for next year. Dmen are really valuable in my league because of the extra points they earn, so I have a plan to keep 4:

Josi
    Hamilton
    Toews
    Clarke

I understand that Clarke is not quite there yet, but itÂ’s tough to acquire good dman, quality prospects in particular, so IÂ’ll definitely be keeping him.

My question is about Hamilton. Will he be able to recover to be him old self pre-injury? Also, will Luke Hughes emergence really cut into his production and value?

Im wondering if now might be the time to trade him while he still has pretty high value
    I would explore trading him now while he's still worth something. Otherwise you'll be dropping him in two years when L. Hughes has completely taken over any 1st PP minutes. Hughes was already starting to see more PP time just before Dougie got hurt. It doesn't hurt to enquire on upgrading one of your forwards in exchange for Hamilton.
    8-Team Points-Only Keeper League
    Roster of 25 Players
    No positional requirements for Forwards
    Farm System of 3 Players

Fwds - Rantanen, Kaprizov, Pettersson, J. Hughes, Ovechkin, Malkin, A. Svechnikov, Forsberg, Reinhart, Keller, Gaudreau, Hagel, Eklund

Def - Q. Hughes, Josi, Theodore, Morrissey, Dunn, Letang, Burns, Matheson, York, Thrun

Goalies - Shesterkin, Jarry

Farm - Benson, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Ace

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Rocket 10 View Post
    I would explore trading him now while he's still worth something. Otherwise you'll be dropping him in two years when L. Hughes has completely taken over any 1st PP minutes. Hughes was already starting to see more PP time just before Dougie got hurt. It doesn't hurt to enquire on upgrading one of your forwards in exchange for Hamilton.
    This is a pretty over dramatic post in my opinion. Luke Hughes was running the top PP unit at the start of the season when Dougie was healthy. Hamilton saw his PP time drop in half compared to what it was last season, while being demoted to the 2nd unit.

Even with that, Dougie still put up 16 points in 20 games before getting injured.

In my opinion, Luke Hughes had no business running the top unit before Dougie got hurt, but I suspect it was because Lindy Ruff wanted to keep his superstar brother Jack Hughes happy. I think decisions like this along with playing Meier on his off wing really hurt the teams chances at winning, and ultimately led to his firing (that is my hot take at least).

Dougie is just too good and his offense gives NJ a better chance at winning. I’m not sure how the PP lines will shake out over the next couple of seasons. They could top load their PP lines, or do a 1A/1B line. Reguardless, Hamilton will have high value once he’s healthy.

Dobber Sports Superstar

I absolutely get using Hamilton as a trade chip to improve at forward, he would normally gather the best return easily. However, I see a problem here, in fact the nature of this post is the problem here. Will Hamilton Recover? If the OP is concerned, then I'm thinking other GM's are equally concerned and you really can't say that they don't have cause to be concerned. There is absolutely some uncertainty surrounding Hamilton. Whether it's perceived or real concern doesn't matter, GM's will question Hamiltons' current value given the severity of the injury and the games missed. Accordingly, IMO, Hamilton is a buy low right now and I don't think the OP really wants or should sell low on Dougie. Not a good idea. There is nothing stopping you from shopping him around, but don't take a low-ball offer because the other GM is concerned about Dougie recovering (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Initiate

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    I'd keep Hamilton. I don't know much about a torn pec muscle, but it's not a knee and I don't remember anyone with a torn pec being significantly hindered after recovering. Again, I'm not a doctor, but I'd roll the dice and keep Hamilton hoping that he picks up where he left off before the injury.
    Matt Dumba; his 2017/18 season was a good year for him. Had 14 goals and 50 pts. Then next season had the pec injury and his on pace before the injury was 56 pts. Since then he has not been the same.
    Not that Dumba was in Hamilton tier, but it sure did seem to change him.
    12 team Card Hockey League. Use stats from last NHL season ex: 2022-23 stats will be used for our 23-24 season cards
    Fwds: MacKinnon, Pastrnak, Rantanen, M Tkachuk Scheifele, Marchand, B Nelson, Stephenson, J Toews, R Thomas, Lundell, E Rodrigues, Sissons, Lowry, M Foligno, D Guenther, Mangiapane, Pacioretty, Huberdeau, Wheeler
    Dmen: Makar, D Toews, Dobson, Sergachev, S Jones, Graves, Carlo, Gudas, Byram, Girard, Thrun
    Goalies: Vanecek, Francouz, Samsonov

Quote Originally Posted by TheDard View Post
    Matt Dumba; his 2017/18 season was a good year for him. Had 14 goals and 50 pts. Then next season had the pec injury and his on pace before the injury was 56 pts. Since then he has not been the same.
    Not that Dumba was in Hamilton tier, but it sure did seem to change him.
    Dumba also injured his shoulder in that same instance, and I believe that did more damage than the pectoral injury. Different sport but NFL lineman tear their pectorals with enough frequency that we can be generally be confident that this injury doesn't noticeably impact power once fully recovered.