Thread: Dobber Darling Nils Lundqvist - Hit or Miss?

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Dobber Darling Nils Lundqvist - Hit or Miss?

Here is what the guide had to say about Nils prior to this season:

Dobber’s Lowdown on: Nils Lundkvist – As many of you know, I’m not one to bail on my opinion of a player when it
    was so high to begin with. In Sweden, Lundkvist was an elite-level talent at a very young age. He just turned 23, and his
    metrics were pretty good. His usage waned as the season wore on and he didn’t get played at all in the postseason. But
    neither did hundreds of other 22-year-old prospect defensemen. He’s still ahead of the curve. Long term, he is still
    considered the right-shot option to pair with Heiskanen, and part of his underwhelming season was due to being paired
    with the declining Suter. Lundkvist’s production is still a couple of years away so for now, all we should be hoping for is
    better usage, spurts of great play, and an overall improvement for 2023-24

So, we are seeing an overall improvement albeit pretty minimal and I don't like all the healthy scratches and losing time and opportunity to Thomas Harley. Are we seeing enough, or are we losing faith? Honestly, I'm leaning towards the latter. This guy either scores big time or he is of no value whatsoever in a multi cat league and I'm having serious doubts about him evolving into a fantasy relevant offensive defenseman. That said, perhaps I'm not being patient enough. I'm looking at him as a potential drop in a keep 15 going into next year maybe the forum changes my mind, or not (:
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Administrator

Default Re: Dobber Darling Nils Lundqvist - Hit or Miss?

I think the ship has sailed as far as being a top-2 option on D in Dallas. Heiskanen and Harley are both established getting top-line minutes.

If Lundkvist is a major hit, it's probably going to take some additional time. He's not taking the fast path to fantasy-relevance.

Contact me for Frozen Tools bug reports and inquiries
    Follow Frozen Tools on Twitter @FrozenTools
    Follow me on Twitter @DH_EricDaoust

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I think the average Dmen takes FOREVER to hit their upside and once you've waited the allotted time.. they put off their breakout for one more year lol! As a guy who traded Morrissey and Hronek in the same trade two years ago- i can attest to that lol!

He is still crazy young for a dman- his scoring breakout could realistically be his age 26 or 27 season and you'd still be looking at 3 or 4 years from now.

I've sort of given up on him in the short term but Jokke who has an absolutely outstanding resume as a scout was VERY high on him. Hes been described as the best dman not in the NHL for stretches of his career. Im OUT if it requires a big buy in but if I could add him cheap/free I'd still do it because as Defensive prospect progressions go- his is not even all that unique lol! I wouldn't blink if we woke up.in two years and he was a threat for 50+ either though....
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Veteran

Interesting takes. All I can say is he has ZERO value in my league at the moment. 14 team, keep 14. I drafted him somewhere around the next to last round this past season. Ultimately dropped him when I needed space. He was picked up for about a week once or twice by another team, and ultimately sits out there again. And this is a league that LOVES prospect D-men with scoring potential.

So, that says nothing at all about whether he'll ultimately take the next (several) steps at some point down the road. But I think it does say that his value right now is limited to VERY deep keeper/dynasty leagues.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov

Dobber Sports Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by dejeanneret View Post
    Interesting takes. All I can say is he has ZERO value in my league at the moment. 14 team, keep 14. I drafted him somewhere around the next to last round this past season. Ultimately dropped him when I needed space. He was picked up for about a week once or twice by another team, and ultimately sits out there again. And this is a league that LOVES prospect D-men with scoring potential.

So, that says nothing at all about whether he'll ultimately take the next (several) steps at some point down the road. But I think it does say that his value right now is limited to VERY deep keeper/dynasty leagues.
    Your league is very similar to one that I do own Lundqvist in. I've been protecting him for a few years now but now I'm thinking it is time to move on and his value is pretty much zero. It could well be at this point that if he is going to have any fantasy relevance, and he absolutely still could, it will be another two or three years down the road. If anyone else has an opinion I'd like to hear it.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

what needs to be remembered here is that he only has 138 games of NHL exp...its way too early to give up....if you expecting 60 points one day , well maybe its time to give up but if you looking for #4-6 D on decent fantasy team i think its too early to give up...
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Star

There's still enough room for him to become a 40-50 point guy on a different team, but that may be years away. If I was rebuilding, I'd find ways to keep him. If I wasn't, then I probably wouldn't be patient anymore.