Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lesser known G prospects to target?

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: Lesser known G prospects to target?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
    Dude is in a 24 team league with a massive roster AND a 44 man farm team and the best you guys can muster is... don't bother?

I've run up against a lot of issues with this site i sort.of never thought I would...

BUT

Shaming a guys list because hes in an immensely deep league??

You know you can opt not to say anything right? Jiminy cricket
    You think the replies in this thread "shamed" the OP?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Master

fwiw , the long shot goalie for deeper leagues I mentioned above actually signed an entry level deal yesterday with the Isles , Henrik Tikkanen

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/henrik-tikkanen

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by Daydream Nation View Post
    You think the replies in this thread "shamed" the OP?
    Nope. Nobody shamed the OP. I think we’re all a bit stunned by the deepness of the league. Not too many guys would even think of looking into these prospects but most of us don’t have 44 player farm systems! Not sure why Emu err-a Tiramasu insists on offering no insight of his own but shames the supposed shamers by being belligerent and confrontational. Now the shamer is shaming the shamist All in good fun I might add!

Onto the important stuff. I’ve literally heard of 3 of these guys which means if we’re grasping at straws, they would be my guys. Persson, Vikman and St. Hillaire. Man most of that list sounds like the lineup for a Scandinavian metal band than dudes behind a goalie mask!

Good luck sir!

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Quote Originally Posted by chuckcouples View Post
    To be honest with you, I have not heard of any of those players. I would not waste your roster spots on any of them. Fantasy GMs can normally wait on goalies on only pick them up once they start showing something in the AHL. For instance, this season there were multiple goalies in the AHL who earned themselves NHL contracts during the season even though they did not start the year with one including Isaak Poulter in NJ. These are more the types of goalies you should be adding then the guys in your list.
    Calling his options a "waste of space" is implying shame- the next post cracks a joke about how "ridiculous" a league that deep is. But sure- I know how it goes when you go against the grain here- so you go ahead and keep telling a guy with 702 posts that the guys hes considering are a waste of space and that his league format is ridiculous- that sounds like a fantastic way to retain and build membership around here...

And I did provide insight- but if you cant spell Tiramisu its not surprising that you cant read Nicklas Kokko

Lastly its sort of astounding how much power those three letters still have in these parts... E-M-U... Im sort of blown away Dobber hasnt offered Emu a writing gig- you know the "heels" in WWE draw every bit as much viewership as the faces Im told. Sure people would hate on him- some would complain, and Im not saying theyd wake up and magically respect his opinion... but you know what else theyre no doing? Skipping the articles lol! Even if you hate him- in fact ESPECIALLY if you hate him- youre going to read that article- lmao! Heck I would... and Im sort of a fan
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Guys, guys... I'm starting to almost feel bad for having posted my question in the first place - I certainly didn't want you to start a fight over it.

Yes, this league is deep (and it got even deeper this offseason as we've just increased our farm from 44 to 50 guys). So I didn't really feel insulted by the fact that some guys were a bit overwhelmed by this kind of league depth. You just have to look at it from a different angle: it's good enough if just one or two prospects out of 50 pan out per season. Because our main rosters are also pretty deep, guys are still good enough that would never be roster worthy in smaller leagues. I mean who'd have space for my Siegenthaler, Armia or even Stanley in average sized leagues?

This said, it really was about best shots in the dark and I had modest expectations when I posted my question - if I get just one name I hadn't considered, it has already been worth it. So thanks to the guys who tried to help and thanks to the guy who had my back because he thought my question wasn't taken seriously (It wasn't really worth the worry, but it's the thought that counts).

Special shout outs to Eskimo Brother for his take on the situation that hit the nail on the head and to Butch who indeed was able to come up with a name that was a) new to me b) not owned yet in this super deep league and c) holds quite some intrigue when it comes to upside/situation!
    24 team H2H dynasty, fantasy points, no cap
    Skaters: G 4.5 (5 for Ds), A 3, PPG 1.5 (2 for Ds), PPA 1 (1.5 for Ds), SHP 2, Ft 2, HIT 0.6, BLK 0.6, SOG 0.3 (0.4 for Ds), FW 0.1, Tk 0.5 // Gv -0.3
    Goalies: W 3.5, SHO 5, SV 0.5, A 3 // GA -3, L -1.5
    4C, 4LW, 4RW, 6D, 2G, 4BN, 4IR

C: McDavid, MacKinnon, Hischier
    LW: B.Tkachuk, Ovechkin, Paul(C), Jankowski(C)
    LW/RW: Meier, Fiala, Giroux(C), Niederreiter
    RW: Reinhart, Anderson, Armia
    D: Josi, Matheson, Durzi, Zadorov, Moser, Cernak, Siegenthaler, Stanley
    G: Daccord, Merzlikins, Vanecek, Pickard

50 minors; most noteables: A.Schmid, E.Andrae, M.Kesselring, S.Malinski, B.Pachal, L.Bichsel, E.Soderblom,...