Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: My Bedard for his Jack Hughes

Dobber Sports Sage

Default Re: My Bedard for his Jack Hughes

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    trying to anticipate anybody get hurt to prove the point is just insane...i agree with Axe here that chances of both getting hurt are about the same. Hughes does not get hurt by looking at the puck, his injuries came form hits , hard work etc...it may never happen again or it could happen twice a season going forward....same with Bedard and just about anybody out there...
    So you don't think a player's style of game and size can lead to him to being more likely to be injured?
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Wizard

it can, it does not have to...marner is a little guy who always goes in the corners and comes out with the puck...until now he never got hurt....

Eric Lindors was a huge guy and got hurt all the time including getting his head run so many times that it shorten his carrier

With the speed of the game these days anybody can hurt and usually "quicker/faster" players have easier ways to escape injuries but also is not set in stone....Hughes is much better in that department than Bedard...

My point is you cant predict this, you prefer Bedard and nothing wrong about it, but preferring Bedard cause Hughes is apparently more likely to get hurt? just dont buy it.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    it can, it does not have to...marner is a little guy who always goes in the corners and comes out with the puck...until now he never got hurt....

Eric Lindors was a huge guy and got hurt all the time including getting his head run so many times that it shorten his carrier

With the speed of the game these days anybody can hurt and usually "quicker/faster" players have easier ways to escape injuries but also is not set in stone....Hughes is much better in that department than Bedard...

My point is you cant predict this, you prefer Bedard and nothing wrong about it, but preferring Bedard cause Hughes is apparently more likely to get hurt? just dont buy it.
    First off, I prefer Bedard because I think he'll be the better player. Secondly, the injury concerns with Hughes makes it an easier decision. Are you aware of Hughes injury history? He's missed time twice this season due to a shoulder injury. He barely made it through the playoffs last year. He missed the last 13 games in 2022 due to a knee injury. He missed 17 games in 2021 season. I'm surprised he doesn't have band-aid boy status. I love watching Hughes play but he is so fast, has the puck so often, and while he is elusive he still does get hit and often hard. You brought up Marner and he is slippery and just doesn't take nearly as many hits as Hughes does. After watching Kane for years, he didn't take the hits Hughes does either. All small players are not injury prone but some put themselves in that position more often than others. As a fan of Hughes and an owner of his on my dynasty team I do not have confidence he'll make it 75+ games next season. Hopefully, he learns to avoid big hits more often and to just tone down the recklessness of his game.
    Last edited by Daydream Nation; March 26, 2024 at 3:38 PM. Reason: typo
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Sophomore

Well if you're onto something you're the first to spot it. I'll say its not a concern for me at the moment. If his career tracks that way it'd be a shame but I sont think there's enough evidence yet to indicate thats the probable outcome. Not saying your wrong ftr- just saying forat I heard of this. I know they were saying that about Slafkovsky with his head down skating- but they've managed to address it. We'll see...
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa