Thread: Zetterlund, Marchment or Garland?

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Zetterlund, Marchment or Garland?

Points only pool. who do you want for the rest of the year?
    c- Tavares, Aho, Drouin ,Schenn, RNH
    lw - Toffoli, Pacioretty, M. Marchment, Rust, Vatrano
    rw- Ovechkin, Kucherov, Tarasenko, Duchene, Zuccarello
    d- Q. Hughes, Letang, Pietrangelo, Fowler, Hanafin, Matheson

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Rookies: Kulich, Lysell, Nazar, Simashev, Mintyukov

Drop 8 players at the end of the year. No maximum/minimum games played. All players in line up every night

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Default Re: Zetterlund, Marchment or Garland?

Zetterlund. He’s getting minutes at ES and PP. Lots of opportunities
    10 Team Dynasty

Forward scoring in sig pic (D premium - G +1, A +1)

Min eligibility - 164 GP skt, 82 GP g

Start 4C, 4LW/RW, 6D, 2G

C
    Eichel, Beniers, Ek, Nelson
    , D Strome, Hayton, Novak
    RW Kempe, Verhaege, Batherson, Buchnevich, Tippett, Barbashev, Seguin

LW B Tkachuck, Forsberg, DeBrusk, Rakell, Jeannot, McCann
    D Seider, Ekblad, Doughty, Nurse, Dobson, Weegar, Pionk, Sergachev, Roy, Forsling
    G Oettinger, Sorokin, Lindgren, Daccord
    MIN Zetterlund, But, Cuylle, Nikishin, Mukhamadullin, Morrow, Bonk, Simashev, B
    Clarke, Nadeau, Afanasyev

Dobber Sports Superstar

Good question. Certainly, based on yearlong stats Marchment seems like the obvious choice. However, if you dig into the last 10 games things are a bit different.

Marchment has been skating primarily with Seguin and Duchene all year and that hasn't changed and both his TOI and PP time have seen a slight increase yet his scoring is way down, half or less than what would be expected. I honestly don't know what the problem is, but it's been going on for a while now and I'm not sure it changes over the last 10 games.

Zetterlund has seen about the same amount of TOI and a slight uptick in PP time and has been primarily skating with Granlund and then a mix of others, but, he's scoring at a PPG pace over his last 10 games. Can he sustain that? I'm not so sure, maybe, but it seems unlikely IMO.

Garland is now skating with EP40 and Lindholm and it has paid off, he has put up 8 pts in his last 10 games. Can he sustain that? Well maybe not, but if I have to take the gamble on Zetterlund or Garland finishing stronger, I'm going with the more seasoned player on the better team. Zetterlund is a very decent alternative, and he has 1 extra game to play than the others, but I'm sticking with Garland.

Now watch, Marchment will explode for 15pt in the 10 remaining games Dallas has left. BTW, the Nucks have 11 left and the Sharks have 12.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

great responses thank you. Anyone else?

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel

Drop 8 players at the end of the year. No maximum/minimum games played. All players in line up every night

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I sort.of think its Marchment but in a dynasty format I actually really like Zetterlund as an under the radar gamble! If he can develop the type of tool set requires to maintain a tip.six spot and SJ envisions him there- thats absolutely massive for his long term outlook. The read was always sort of an underrated forward who can bang and throw down when need be- but one that likely ended up in the middle six.

If Zetterlund ends up as a topline/top.sox asset he could be a real treat for multi cat owners- hes a bit of a sog pig too- lol!

IF he can stick there- and thats a big IF- I could see Hornqvist type numbers- and if you remember that far back you know EXACTLY how huge that could be...

Quote Originally Posted by Tiramisu View Post
    I sort.of think its Marchment but in a dynasty format I actually really like Zetterlund as an under the radar gamble! If he can develop the type of tool set requires to maintain a tip.six spot and SJ envisions him there- thats absolutely massive for his long term outlook. The read was always sort of an underrated forward who can bang and throw down when need be- but one that likely ended up in the middle six.

If Zetterlund ends up as a topline/top.sox asset he could be a real treat for multi cat owners- hes a bit of a sog pig too- lol!

IF he can stick there- and thats a big IF- I could see Hornqvist type numbers- and if you remember that far back you know EXACTLY how huge that could be...
    Thanks for the response. This is a points only pool format. Do you still give the edge to zetterlund?

g- Rittich, Saros

I.R. Guentzel