Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ohtani - Developing Story - Translator Fired over Gambling Debts or Theft?!

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Re: Ohtani - Developing Story - Translator Fired over Gambling Debts or Theft?!

Where is his financial advisor(s) in all of this?? I mean no one told him "hey dude, your statement looks a bit off, like $16M off?"

WHL - World Hockey League (24 Team - Daily H2H)

Maine Moose 2021-2022

2019 WHL GM of the Year #Supersoft

Dobber Sports Titan

Default Re: Ohtani - Developing Story - Translator Fired over Gambling Debts or Theft?!

Quote Originally Posted by GinFizz View Post
    Where is his financial advisor(s) in all of this?? I mean no one told him "hey dude, your statement looks a bit off, like $16M off?"
    I guess it's how they set up Ippei's access. If he has access and there would be obvious Ohtani's permission for his access, his statements wouldn't be "off".
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Deity

A part of me feels he was involved in some sort. Not in the gambling, but more in trying to cover up/assist his friend at some point.

I dont care how wealthy you are, you can't be that oblivious to $16M going missing and not know about it. Surely others in his inner circle had their hands in his finances, not just his interpreter.

I think (just my opinion) he found out about the missing money and what happened to it, tried to help out his friend and when this all got out in the public, he is now pulling back and trying to find a way to absolve himself from any involvement.
    10 Team, Points Only, Cash League

25 Man Roster (no position), top 20 point getters count at end of month
    Keep 20/25 at seasons end, Cut 5 to FA for redrafting
    Goalie points W=2pt L=-1pt SHO=2pt

Stamkos, Tavares, Eichel, Mercer, JRobertson, RThomas, Kucherov, Nugent-Hopkins, Tuch, KConnor, Necas, Point, Konecny, SJarvis, Cozenz, Morrissey, Bouchard, Josi, Novak, Tolvanen, Peterka, Brink

G- Vasilevskiy, Sorokin, Oettinger

"Cleavage is like the sun. You can look, but dont stare.. Unless you're wearing sunglasses."