Thread: Rank These Top Players Please - REP Given! Kuch, Petey, Celebrini, etc.

Dobber Sports Pro

Question Rank These Top Players Please - REP Given! Kuch, Petey, Celebrini, etc.

Hey All,

For the 12 Team Points-Only bottom team in my sig, I've got 5 picks in the first round and want to make sure I really get this right. Not sure exactly which spots I'm getting yet, but I know 2 will be in the top 4, 2 more will be in the next 4, and one will likely be 11th or 12th. Do you think I have these players ranked in the proper way to help me win a league next year, or should I shift someone up or down?

I'm a top team with sights on a championship next year if all goes well. Important to note: all players can be kept for FIVE years only. Prospects can be kept for 7 (in one of 5 minors spots).

1) MacKinnon
    2) Pettersson (But Maybe Kucherov?)
    3) Kucherov
    4) Dahlin
    5) McAvoy
    6) Celebrini (Where to Take?)
    7) Miller
    8) B. Tkachuk
    9) Fiala
    10) Hyman
    11) Josi (Too Low?)

Main questions -
    A) Petey or Kuch if I get my choice at 2nd overall?
    B) Where to draft Celebrini? I like to ideally choose one top prospect per year, but I don't necessarily need to. Solid prospects are available on waivers all year long.
    C) Am I too low on Josi? He's old but I can only keep 10 per year anyways and already have a stacked keeper group. Maybe draft him for one last hurrah and trade him away next off-season?

Thanks everyone!
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    '25 & '26 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel
    D - Bouchard, Dobson, Matheson
    G - Vasilevskiy
    B -
    M - Cooley, Michkov, Perreault, Hutson, Nikishin

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: Rank These Top Players Please - REP Given! Kuch, Petey, Celebrini, etc.

Not sure the criteria on which you created this list, just curious, but anyway its of no matter. IMO the 5 year and 7 year keeper limit is not a big deal here, I think we focus on a 3 - 4 year window and as things constantly change and evoolve we go from there. So, to answer your questions:

I prefer EP40 to Kuch on age and injury history and on the basis that while the NUcks improve as does Pettersson, the Bolts start fade as does Kuch.

I'm not overreaching for Celebrini. Kids looking awesome, but I personally don't think he is quite at the same level of a McDavid or a Bedard. I'm not passing on Kuch, EP40, Pasta, Bouchard, Dobson or guys like that to draft him. I'd love to land him, if he potentially fell to you with that 4th or 5th first round pick then I would be very tempted to jump on him. This is particularly true if your team is strong enough to allow you to wait a year or two on him before he takes off big time. If you need a high probability producer, F or D with those picks, well Celebrini is a risky pick.

I think you are a bit low on Josi. Again I'm not sure how your list was built but he has more value than Hyman for sure and could be right there with MT and Fiala. That said, he's ancient and most poolies think a guy approaching 30 is done so Josi might slip in your draft ... just sayin'.

Good Luck!
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Wizard

Default Re: Rank These Top Players Please - REP Given! Kuch, Petey, Celebrini, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    Not sure the criteria on which you created this list, just curious, but anyway its of no matter. IMO the 5 year and 7 year keeper limit is not a big deal here, I think we focus on a 3 - 4 year window and as things constantly change and evoolve we go from there. So, to answer your questions:

I prefer EP40 to Kuch on age and injury history and on the basis that while the NUcks improve as does Pettersson, the Bolts start fade as does Kuch.

I'm not overreaching for Celebrini. Kids looking awesome, but I personally don't think he is quite at the same level of a McDavid or a Bedard. I'm not passing on Kuch, EP40, Pasta, Bouchard, Dobson or guys like that to draft him. I'd love to land him, if he potentially fell to you with that 4th or 5th first round pick then I would be very tempted to jump on him. This is particularly true if your team is strong enough to allow you to wait a year or two on him before he takes off big time. If you need a high probability producer, F or D with those picks, well Celebrini is a risky pick.

I think you are a bit low on Josi. Again I'm not sure how your list was built but he has more value than Hyman for sure and could be right there with MT and Fiala. That said, he's ancient and most poolies think a guy approaching 30 is done so Josi might slip in your draft ... just sayin'.

Good Luck!
    i love this part...last year Van was no good, need to strip everything and trade everybody (and im not saying you said that but 90% of people here did), now they just going to grow into this giant and keep improving. I dont think that is true. They could be good last year but they very well could miss playoffs again imo. I dont think they are well polished machine but as much as everything went wrong for them last year, everything went well for them this year. I dont expect that will happen again. Instead i think they regress to wild card team that could potentially miss.

Tampa, while older had many things go wrong and still will be in 3rd spot most likely in Atlantic. I do think they got another 2-3 years before they will start regressing to the point of missing playoffs.
    14 Teams H2H Dynasty, 28 roster spots (8 bench), 15 minors under 100
    Weekly Matchups - Daily Lineups

Skaters: G/A/Pt/PIM/SoG/STP/H+B/ToI/Corsi
    Goalies: W/GAA/SVs/SV%/SHO

C: Eichel, Kadri, Mcdavid, Sodeberg, Schenn
    LW: Ehlers, Landeskog, Meier, Debrusk, Foegele, Lee
    RW: Pastrnak, Marner, Palmieri, Terry, D. Brown, Bailey, Granlund
    D: Krug, Josi, Ekholm, Faulk, Muzzin, Karlsson, Cernak,
    G: Hellebuyck, Biship, M Jones

Dobber Sports Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post

Good Luck!
    Thanks for these ideas. I've got a load of good forwards but it's tougher to find high scoring D in this league (I traded away a lot to get Bouchard & Dobson). So I agree that maybe I should move Josi up a few spots.

I do expect I'll be able to get one of Dahlin or McAvoy - do I have those two ranked properly?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Belexus75 View Post
    i love this part...last year Van was no good, need to strip everything and trade everybody (and im not saying you said that but 90% of people here did), now they just going to grow into this giant and keep improving. I dont think that is true. They could be good last year but they very well could miss playoffs again imo. I dont think they are well polished machine but as much as everything went wrong for them last year, everything went well for them this year. I dont expect that will happen again. Instead i think they regress to wild card team that could potentially miss.

Tampa, while older had many things go wrong and still will be in 3rd spot most likely in Atlantic. I do think they got another 2-3 years before they will start regressing to the point of missing playoffs.
    Yeah, this is a tough call I think - whether to go for the younger Petey or the higher ceiling Kuch...

Dobber Sports Pro

Alright, here's my updated list:

1) MacKinnon
    2) Kucherov
    3) Pettersson
    4) Celebrini
    5) Dahlin
    6) Josi
    7) McAvoy
    8) Miller
    9) B. Tkachuk
    10) Fiala
    11) Hyman

Thoughts on this? Also as an important update, I now know that my 1st rounders will be THREE of the top FOUR (probably 2nd-4th but a 25% chance of getting the top spot) and the 11th & 12th spots.

So likely that'll end up getting me:

- Kucherov, Pettersson, Celebrini (these three for sure)
    - and also two guys from lower on my list (since at least one first rounder GM is likely to go off this board to reach for a goalie or something).

Not a bad haul! Should be a good season for me next year.
    12 Team Keep 6: G/A:1 W/SO:2
    C - McDavid, Matthews
    LW - Draisaitl
    RW - ​​Marner
    D - Dahlin, Morrissey
    G -
    B -

12 Team Keep 10 (& 5 Minors)
    : G/A/OTL:1 W:2 SO:3
    '24 Picks (16 Rounds) - 1,1,1,1,2,2,3,3,3,5,5,6,6
    '25 & '26 - Extra 1st, Extra 2nd
    F - ​McDavid, Rantanen, Point, Aho, M. Tkachuk, Guentzel