Thread: Swayman offer

Dobber Sports Stud

Default Swayman offer

I’m in a hits league and my goalies have been atrocious at best. Wilson has been a beast for me. Anyways, I’ve been offered this trade and I’m wonder what people think.

Swayman, L. Schenn, McCann for Wilson, Toffoli, DeSmith

Should I accept or what do people think? My team is in the signature.
    Yahoo Fantasy Roto league. 14 teams
    Categories: Goals, Assists, Hits, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, Wins, GAA, SV%, Shutouts
    Position Slots:
    (2 C's)(2 LW's)(2 RW's)(F)(3 D's)(G)
    Forwards:

Aho (c)
    Mackinnon (c)
    Verhaeghe (c/lw)
    Ovechkin (lw)
    Zuccarello (rw)
    Teravainen (lw/rw)
    Sharangovich (lw/c/rw)
    McCann (c/lw)

Defence:

Matheson
    Theodore
    Toews
    Schenn

Goalies:

Ullmark, Lyon, Kochetkov, Swayman

IR: Ekblad

The Great One

Default Re: Swayman offer

I'll say what I say every time, which is I don't like trades with more than two players coming and/or going. With 3+, more can go wrong and there are ways to make the trade look better than it really is. As for Wilson, I think although he is still like his old self the rising tide of the Washington offense is no longer lifting his boat, so his production has cratered. There's also the tendency of players who have styles like his to break down at or even before age 30. In short, I think we're nearing the point where his perceived value is evaporating, so I'd be looking for an excuse to trade him while he can still command a nice return. And getting Swayman is something I'd be very eager to do. He seems to be getting better and better. Yes, we can't tell for sure what he'll do when called upon to play 55+ games, but so far signs seem quite promising. I'd do what you can to not have to part with Toffoli, who seems to score wherever he goes. Try Wilson and Teravainen (sell him as a UFA to be) for Swayman and your choice of the other two.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

I have been advising folks to move away from Tom Wilson for a while now. The party is just about over and if you can sell at a decent price do so. On the flip side of things, Swayman is absolutely a guy you want to try and roster. He's a goalie, he's a flake, a nut bar, and will likely break your heart, but still, he is one of the few apparent bright lights in fantasy hockey and you just have to go with that. These are the key pieces of this trade for me, moving Wilson out, and bringing Swayman in. If your sig is accurate, you really need Swayman bad. I'm with Rizzee here for sure, see if you can hang on to Tofolli and offer Teravainen instead, DeSmith is a really a non factor here and I actually like the stats that Schenn will bring for you. I'm saying do this.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba55 View Post
    I have been advising folks to move away from Tom Wilson for a while now. The party is just about over and if you can sell at a decent price do so. On the flip side of things, Swayman is absolutely a guy you want to try and roster. He's a goalie, he's a flake, a nut bar, and will likely break your heart, but still, he is one of the few apparent bright lights in fantasy hockey and you just have to go with that. These are the key pieces of this trade for me, moving Wilson out, and bringing Swayman in. If your sig is accurate, you really need Swayman bad. I'm with Rizzee here for sure, see if you can hang on to Tofolli and offer Teravainen instead, DeSmith is a really a non factor here and I actually like the stats that Schenn will bring for you. I'm saying do this.
    I agree with this 100%. I would make that trade before the other owner changes his mind. Getting Swayman for Wilson is a great upgrade for the reasons Bubba pointed out.
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Stud

Trade accepted. I’m not gonna fool around with it. Trade deadline is today and if I give up Toffoli over Turbo so be it. I need the goalie.
    Yahoo Fantasy Roto league. 14 teams
    Categories: Goals, Assists, Hits, PIM, PPP, SHP, GWG, Wins, GAA, SV%, Shutouts
    Position Slots:
    (2 C's)(2 LW's)(2 RW's)(F)(3 D's)(G)
    Forwards:

Aho (c)
    Mackinnon (c)
    Verhaeghe (c/lw)
    Ovechkin (lw)
    Zuccarello (rw)
    Teravainen (lw/rw)
    Sharangovich (lw/c/rw)
    McCann (c/lw)

Defence: