Thread: Advice Needed

Dobber Sports Novice

Default Advice Needed

Needing some advice on some happenings in 2 of my keeper leagues.

a GM 5 minutes to our trade/FA deadline who was in 6th place out of 10 in the one league dropped Ehlers, JVR, Dylan Strome and Foerster. He statistically would drop 181 points to FA and 101 points in the standings per our league format (top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count towards your standings total). He picked up Ryan Leonard, Frank Nazar, Gabe Perreault, Logan Couture but won't keep any of them as he has a stacked young roster already.

in the other league he dropped 63 points in the standings to go from 8th to last place picking up couture, Ryan Reaves and hildeby again he won't keep them.

though clever to do and there not being a rule against it bc no one has done this before. Should it be allowed as we've had issues with people trading and vetoes happening bc of last minute deals gaining 100 points and flying up the standings.

my issue is with the timing of the moves as these were his only moves all year. Also this has major standings implications as instead of trading assets and getting value he has made stupid moves to plummet down the standings a better pick. But if I'm another GM I could just add all these players and gain points to do the opposite and go up the standings from 6th to 1st. IMO if they are viable moves make them but if they are in this sense a manipulation of the rules to plummet down the standings then they can't go through it'll make a joke of our league.

The Great One

Default Re: Advice Needed

Quote Originally Posted by cunningham19 View Post

a GM 5 minutes to our trade/FA deadline who was in 6th place out of 10 in the one league dropped Ehlers, JVR, Dylan Strome and Foerster. He statistically would drop 181 points to FA and 101 points in the standings per our league format (top 12 F, 6 D, 2 G count towards your standings total). He picked up Ryan Leonard, Frank Nazar, Gabe Perreault, Logan Couture but won't keep any of them as he has a stacked young roster already.

in the other league he dropped 63 points in the standings to go from 8th to last place picking up couture, Ryan Reaves and hildeby again he won't keep them.

though clever to do and there not being a rule against it bc no one has done this before. Should it be allowed as we've had issues with people trading and vetoes happening bc of last minute deals gaining 100 points and flying up the standings.

my issue is with the timing of the moves as these were his only moves all year. Also this has major standings implications as instead of trading assets and getting value he has made stupid moves to plummet down the standings a better pick. But if I'm another GM I could just add all these players and gain points to do the opposite and go up the standings from 6th to 1st. IMO if they are viable moves make them but if they are in this sense a manipulation of the rules to plummet down the standings then they can't go through it'll make a joke of our league.
    The bolded language above says it all. If this is an issue, resolve it on a going forward basis. But as of now, this GM technically did nothing wrong, despite the unfortunate ripple effects.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Novice

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    The bolded language above says it all. If this is an issue, resolve it on a going forward basis. But as of now, this GM technically did nothing wrong, despite the unfortunate ripple effects.

I 100% agree with this and I have told the commish it can't be undone but moving forward the implications towards the standings could be drastic as it could be another way to "buddy trade" as I could drop these 4 guys for you and you pick them up to climb the standings.

I have just asked that it be reviewed for next time as it makes a joke of peoples "strategies" when your only moves are to drop players that make you decent for a better pick in the draft bc your team didn't do as you hoped.
    Forwards: Aho, Point, Debrincat, Larkin, Hagel, B Tkachuk, Mittlestadt, Necas, Cooley, Dubois, W Smith, Michkov

Defence: Heiskanen, Faber, Nemec, Sandin-Pellika, Power, L Hutson

Goalies: L Thompson, Swayman

1 pt G/A - 2 pt W - 3 pt SO - +.5 additional pt for PPP - +2 pt for SHP

Dobber Sports Superstar

This needs to be addressed in the off season. If not, well pools come and pools go .....
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by cunningham19 View Post

This is an offseason issue unfortunately, if there's no rules now not much can be done. Much like we're seeing in the NHL with LTIR issues and playoffs can't change the rules mid season, even if it screws with the standings.
    32 Team Dynasty With Cap (83.5M) - H2H Pts
    Skaters: G: 4, A: 2, PPP: 1, SHP: 2, SOG: 0.5, HIT: 0.5, BLK: 0.5, FOW: 0.1, +/-: 0.5
    Goalies: W: 6, SHO: 6, SV 0.25, GA: -2
    Positions: 3C, 6W, 3F, 6D, 2G, 3BN, 20 Prospects

C: McTavish, Newhook, Dellandrea, Parssinen, Sillinger, Jost
    W: Svechnikov, Guenther, Berggren, Krebs, Palat, Foudy
    D: Weresnki, Chabot, Ekholm, Krug, Pelech, Jensen, Forbort
    G: Blackwood, Ersson

Top Prospects: Smith (SJS), Savoie (BUF), Bourgault (EDM), Bourque (DAL), Perron (CAR), Korchinski (CHI), Nikishin (CAR), Jones (NYR), Cossa (DET), UPL (BUF), Daws (NJD)