Thread: John Tortorella suspended for two games

Dobber Sports Monster

Default John Tortorella suspended for two games

Elliotte Friedman
    @FriedgeHNIC
    ·
    9m
    Hearing John Tortorella has been suspended two games.

Don't know the entire details, but I'm sure most people saw that he was tossed from the game and then took a while to actually leave the bench.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Superstar

Default Re: John Tortorella suspended for two games

really loved the cast he's rocking during that rant haha

Dobber Sports Titan

Wasn't this the game the LIghtning were honouring their stanley cup win when Torts was the head coach? What a BS thing to do by Wes to throw out him that night, and then to not skate over and explain to him what's going on. There was talks about the other ref being a rookie and he had lost the game at that point (I think there was a really weak penalty at 3-0 before this where they gave a 10min for nothing on Philly), and Wes stepped in to control it. Ok whatever, that happening isn't new, but for you to step in by throwing out Torts, during his night, without an explanation is HORRIBLE. That's make the game about you again.

Wes McCauley has easily the biggest ego of any ref in the league. I 100% hate him.
    12 Team, H2H, Keep 6 (in Bold)
    G, A, Pts, PPP, FW, SOG, Hits, Blocks
    W, Saves, S%, GAA, Game Started
    2C, 2LW, 2RW, 4D, 1Util, 2G, 5BN, 2IR, 1IR+, 1NA

C: Horvat, Trocheck
    LW: J. Robertson, Byfield (C), Guenther
    RW: Pavelski (C), Giroux (C), Svechnikov (LW)
    D: Fox, Makar, Bouchard, Morrissey, Gudas
    Util: Meier (LW, RW)
    G: Oettinger, Georgiev, Samsonov, Woll

Dobber Sports Ninja

NHL doing NHL things. It's not like Tortorella can say anything negative to the press...without a hefty fine. He should answer any questions to this with absolute over the top sarcasm and see if the NHL decides to fine him.
    "For I am a sinner in the hands of an angry God. Bloody Mary, full of vodka, blessed are you among cocktails. Pray for me now and at the hour of my death, which I hope is soon. Amen." - Sterling Archer

"Don't spray that urine on my sons window. If you want a dollar for doing nothing, walk to Canada." - Malory Archer

“Anyone who thinks the pen is mightier than the sword has not been stabbed with both.” - Lemony Snicket

Dobber Sports Supreme Grand Master

Quote Originally Posted by The Comish View Post
    NHL doing NHL things. It's not like Tortorella can say anything negative to the press...without a hefty fine. He should answer any questions to this with absolute over the top sarcasm and see if the NHL decides to fine him.
    Especially when the Flyers owner has said that he will pay any fines associated with it!
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

​​