Thread: Crowded crease - need some help

Dobber Sports Monster

Default Crowded crease - need some help

In an 18 team league with settings pretty similar to my sig team.

Added the two Devils goalies on deadline day to lock in the tandem - Allen and Kahkonen. May have gotten trigger happy, but I thought I would just add them before anyone else could and decide what to do later.

I now have too many guys.
    Markstrom is my top guy.
    I also have Daccord, Kuemper, Allen and Kahkonen.
    I don't have Vladar, but he is available on free agency.

Which way would you go with this group? Tempted to drop Kuemper at this point as Lindgren has taken the net. I could try to acquire Lindgren, but Kuemp/Lind doesn't seem wildly better than having Allen Kahkonen, which is free vs moving a decent pick for Lind. Daccord is a tough one because just when it looked like he'd lost the net to Grubauer, they start him twice in a row and he does decently well.

Which 3 or 4 would you roll with?

Thinking maybe Markstrom, Daccord and the Devils tandem. Or perhaps just Markstrom, Daccord Allen.

No keeper implications to the decision. Generally speaking, there are some decent spot start options available most of the time in this league. Kuemper might be claimed based on name value, but his actual value seems to be not very high right now.

12 team H2H Most Cats Wins; Keep 6/winner keeps 7; G A PPP +/- SHP SOG HIT BLK PIM // W SV GAA SV% SHO
    3 C, 3 LW, 3 RW, 6D, 2G, 5 bench

C - McDavid, Crosby, Tavares
    LW - DeBrincat
    RW - Meier, Miller
    D -
    G - Jarry

Dobber Sports Star

Default Re: Crowded crease - need some help

Kuemper turns 34 in May. I don't see anything with his trajectory that signals future value in leagues that count percentage categories. His best result now is to be signed as a Jonathan Quick or Antii Raanta type and use puck luck or a good defensive team to boost him. But that's too speculative here.

Dobber Sports Veteran

If it was my decision I would drop Kuemper. I’d hold Daccord as Seattle has some good matchups throughout league playoffs. I’d be tempted to keep the Jersey tandem to get an idea as to how they settle in. I would expect Allen to get most of the starts. You can then decide if Markstrom, Daccord and Allen are sufficient enough to do without Kahkonen.

Just my 2 cents even though my goaltending has been a major problem this season.
    Yahoo! 10 Team Keep 6, H2H - 1 win
    G, A, SOG, PPP, FOW, H, B, Wins, GAA, Sv%, SHO
    4 weekly goalie appearances minimum
    2C, 2RW, 2LW, 1Ut, 4D, 3G, 6Bench, 2-I/R+, 1NA

C: Bennett
    LW: E.Kane, Kaprizov
    LW/C: Draisaitl, Stutzle
    RW: Marner
    RW/C: T.Thompson, Necas
    RW/LW: Svechnikov
    D: Dahlin, Bouchard, Sergachev, Gudas
    G: Vasilevskiy , Skinner, Gustavsson

When I say nothing, I say everything. J.White

Dobber Sports All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Grapes View Post
    If it was my decision I would drop Kuemper. I’d hold Daccord as Seattle has some good matchups throughout league playoffs. I’d be tempted to keep the Jersey tandem to get an idea as to how they settle in. I would expect Allen to get most of the starts. You can then decide if Markstrom, Daccord and Allen are sufficient enough to do without Kahkonen.
    Agreed
    Call me old one more time.

- Roy Kent