Thread: Sharangovich vs Farabee

Dobber Sports Giant

Default Sharangovich vs Farabee

Hey all, I was offered Farabee for my Sharangovich in my team in sig.

Either guy may be a fringe keeper for me but I’m just wondering who you think has more potential in the near future. I’m torn as I like both guys but not sure who will pan out the most.

Any feedback is always welcomed; will rep where I can!
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Re: Sharangovich vs Farabee

Honestly it’s not easy but I will tell you what I know on Sharangovich.
    I always think he was good enough for a 70 points upside when I saw him play with the Devils, but he was not well deployed and he was never been near my expectations.
    After his trade to Calgary, I had some hopes but at the beginning of the season, he was bad and mostly on the 4th line. But by december, he was put on 1th line as a winger and he was wonderful with a ppg pace for a good stretch. But since Lindhom was trade away, they put him at center and he is just ok.
    So for now, I think I would prefer Farabee, but Sharangovich can do better if he is the winger of a good center.
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen

Dobber Sports Giant

Ya I too feel Sharangovich’s deployment has affected his output. I guess the same can be said about Farabee (lack of star line mates) but I’m torn as I think they both have an extra gear in them…. Just don’t want to pick the wrong one (if any as
    they may both be good/bad down the road)
    Keeper league 14 teams (H2H, 20 active players keep 16 NHLers, 16 minors)
    Scoring Cats: G-A-PTS-PPG-PPA-(+/-)-HITS-BLK-SHP-SOG-FOW-GWG / W-L-SVS-SV%-GAA-SO

C- Crosby, Barzal, Bennett, Schmaltz, Novak
    W- Forsberg, Batherson, Nichuskin, Tuch, Konecny, Maccelli, Sharangovich, Bertuzzi, Kaliyev, Neighbours, Reichel
    D- Carlson, Rielly, Klingberg
    G- Hellebuyck, Demko, Merzlikins, Vejmelka

Minors:
    F: Fantilli, Cooley, Bourgault, Perreault, Cowan, Ohgren, N. Foote, Goyette, Iskhakov, Denisenko, Tracey
    D: Simashev, Willander, Lambos
    G: Schmidt, Rodrigue, DiPietro, Gaudreau, McKay

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

I'd lean Sharagovich personally. I agree with what's been said about how he's been negatively impacted by his deployment, especially with the Devils, but I think he's got a stranglehold on the top line centre gig in Calgary (if only because they don't have anyone better). By comparison, Farabee seems to move up and down the lineup based on Torts' whims.
    12-Team Yahoo H2H Keeper League (Salary cap for keepers only)

3C, 3LW, 3RW, 4D, 1 UTIL, 2G (6 BN, 6 IR+, 1 NA)
    G, A, +/-, PIM, PPP, SOG, HIT, BLK / W, GAA, SV%, SHO

C - S. Aho, M. Beniers, S. Crosby, B. Jenner, L. Stankoven
    LW - C. Caufield, J. Hughes, T. Moore, J. Slafkovsky, O. Tippett
    RW - D. Batherson, C. Keller, A. Lafreniere, S. Reinhart
    D - E. Bouchard, B. Dillon, M. Roy, M. Seider, C. York
    G - J. Binnington, J. Saros, J. Swayman

IR+: T. Demko, T. Hertl, K. Johnson, G. Landeskog, J. Trouba
    NA: B. Othmann

The Great One

If Farabee was locked into PP1, I'd give him the edge, especially since Sharangovhich barely hits. But they shoot about the same and Sharangovich is trending up. Something else to keep in mind is that Sharangovich is poised to be a UFA next summer and will only be 27, so he could latch on somewhere and really explode. Yes, Farabee will be the same age potentially when he becomes a UFA in 2028, but until then he'll be in Philly, which I'm not sure is going to do help boost him. I like Sharangovich here, but just barely.
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Superstar

I honestly think Farabee has the higher upside. That said, the opportunity that Sharangovhich has been given and the results he's generating certainly changes things a bit, certainly in the near term. Right now, Sharangovhich is getting prime deployment with the Flames, hell, 1st line and PP1, it doesn't get any better than that. The Flames are in a rebuild and I can't help but think that for the next few years at least Sharangovhich is a key piece for that team IF in fact they sign him. Rizzee may be right, but I don't think Sharangovhich is going to land anywhere and "pop", in Calgary he has incredible deployment and is showing results and I honestly don't know whether he can improve on that, his gig in Calgary is as sweet as it gets for a player of his talent level IMO. If that changes, well, all bets are off. I think Farabee will evolve into a better player but he does not have the sweet deployment now and likely won't for the foreseeable future. Bottom line, for the next year or 2 I have to go with Sharangovhich provided he remains with the Flames. Hopefully you can wait and see what happens with him before having to make a decision.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf