Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: [TRADE] Byram to Buffalo, Mittelstadt to Colorado

Dobber Sports Genius

Default Re: [TRADE] Byram to Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by RizzeeDizzee View Post
    Very good point. Krebs' stock just rose considerably. I already went and pulled the trigger on some of his key rookie cards, which thankfully were still at pre-trade bargain prices.
    I collect cards not so much anymore. One thing I have always found, is unless it's the beginning of their career players cards are near impossible to liquidate if there not truly the cream of the crop. I remember I had a bunch of Tarasenko signed and jersey rookie cards, I sold them when there was all this hype early on in his career. If I would of kept them tell this point they would be dam near worthless. Now I really only keep 1st ballot Hall of Famers, Ovi rookie cards, Crosby men cards, McDavids rookies etc.

I am tempted to get back in it this year for Bedard but the Upper Deck series is so inflated and mostly sold out right now.
    12 Team Keep 5 (2 F, 1 D, 1 G, 1 Any) G,A,PTS,PPP,SOG,HITS,PIMS,W,GAA and Sv%.

F: Kucherov, K.Connor, J. Hughes,, J.Guentzel, A.Svechnikov,
    D: Q. Hughes,
    G:Bobrovsky

The Great One

Default Re: [TRADE] Byram to Buffalo

Quote Originally Posted by Canucks_fan18 View Post
    I collect cards not so much anymore. One thing I have always found, is unless it's the beginning of their career players cards are near impossible to liquidate if there not truly the cream of the crop. I remember I had a bunch of Tarasenko signed and jersey rookie cards, I sold them when there was all this hype early on in his career. If I would of kept them tell this point they would be dam near worthless. Now I really only keep 1st ballot Hall of Famers, Ovi rookie cards, Crosby men cards, McDavids rookies etc.

I am tempted to get back in it this year for Bedard but the Upper Deck series is so inflated and mostly sold out right now.
    Won't derail, but yes, 2023-24 product with Bedard is grossly overpriced and his singles are at levels which can only go down. People have FOMO.

The good news is ignored players are even more ignored now. I picked up a Duncan Keith PSA10 future watch rookie for peanuts last week. Sure, it'll never go to the moon, but I'm confident I will make money in the long term.

And yes, only a small fraction of players make for smart long term holds. But if a player does anything notable, you can easily sell into the hype. I remember unloading Chytil rookies after he posted three points in the first two Ranger playoff games for insane prices. Again, FOMO......
    DobberHockey Senior Writer (columnist since 2012)
    Click here to read my weekly "Roos Lets Loose" columns, going live every Wednesday morning and consisting of a rotating schedule of a "forum buzz" column, a fantasy hockey mailbag, a tournament/poll, and an edition of Goldipucks and the Three Skaters: https://dobberhockey.com/category/ho...key-rick-roos/

Dobber Sports Veteran

Default Re: [TRADE] Byram to Buffalo, Mittelstadt to Colorado

Pretty nice goal by Byram 5 minutes into his Sabres debut. Welcome aboard, kid!

And Dahlin has been his D partner tonight ... Dahlin playing the off-side.
    14 Team H2H Dynasty League (14 keepers, no farm)
    Weekly Starts (3C, 5W, 5D, 1Util, 2G)
    G, A, PPP, SOG, BS, +/-, GAA, W+OTL, SV%

C: MacKinnon/Eichel/Kopitar/Pinto/Wright
    W: Ovechkin/Toffoli/Necas/Giroux/E.Kane/K.Johnson/Schmaltz/Bjorkstrand
    D: Dobson/Trouba/Mintyukov/Gostisbehere/Edvinsson/York
    G: Saros/Demko/Askarov