Thread: Oliver Moore or Miroshnichenko

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

Default Oliver Moore or Miroshnichenko

Title says it all, who would you keep in a Dynasty League?
    12 team full keeper dynasty league (H2H Points-Based)

scoring cats:

G, A, P, PPP, SHP, +/-, PIM, SOG, FOW, FOL, Hit, TK, BLK, GWG, GA, SV, SHO, W

C: Barkov, MacKinnon, Zegras, Hughes, Matthews
    LW: Pavelski,Teravainen, Nichushkin,
    RW: Rantanen, Laine, Terry
    F: Kakko, Rakell, Granlund
    D: Jones, Hamilton, Karlsson, Dahlin, Burns, Thrun,
    G: Gibson, F. Andersen, Saros, Hart
    Farm: L. Carlsson, Moore, Miroshnichenko, Mintyukov, Zellweger, Askarov, Fedotov, Clang

Dobber Sports Prodigy

Default Re: Oliver Moore or Miroshnichenko

Miroshnichenko. Has the skill and talent to be an offensive star. Was originally in talks to be a top 3-5 pick for his draft year before his lymphoma diagnosis.

Moore is solid, but he doesn't have that same offensive upside and "boom" potential. And you don't typically win 12 team leagues by hoping a guy pans out to be a middle six NHLer that can put up 50-55 pts.

Dobber Sports Prodigy

I am leaning Miroshnichenko as well, but IMO it is closer than the post before mine makes it look. Dobberprospects has a higher fantasy for moore (9.0). Miroshnichenko has 8.5.
    12 team full keeper dynasty league HeadtoHead - Point-Based

G/ A/P/ PPP/+/-/PIM/SOG/FOW/Hit/TK/BLK/GA/SV/SHO/W

C - Johansen, Giroux, Seguin, Hughes
    LW - Laine, Benn, Landeskog, Ehlers
    RW - Eberle, Bjorkstrand, Tkachuk, Boeser
    D - Seider, Doughty, Jones, D. Hamilton
    G - Andersen, Fleury, Saros
    Prospects - Guenther, Hofer, Lundkvist,

Dobber Sports Superstar

I'm also of the opinion that Miroshnichenko has the higher upside. Whether he reaches it or not remains to be seen and there are some red flags associated with his health.

I just wanted to point something out about Dobber Prospects. Up front, Prospects is absolutely an awesome site and has a wealth of information about countless numbers of prospects, it's all good, but like everything else, it's not perfect. I find that sometimes the profiles can be a little optimistic IMO, and sometimes there are some discrepancies in analysis, a case in point is Oliver Moore. As Dynamo points out, Moore's fantasy upside is 9.0 and his NHL certainty is 9.5. Here is the problem, if you read the fantasy summary it states:

"Two-way forward with a quick release and elite skating ability. Versatile and energetic game gives him potential as a high-end middle-six forward at the NHL level."

So what I'm struggling with is how a middle six forward can have a fantasy upside of 9.0. Would 9.0 or above not be a first line potential high scoring forward rather than a middle six guy?

Miroshnichenko's upside is indeed 8.5 and his certainty is also 9.0. His fantasy summary:

"Highly talented offensive weapon that can impact the game with his shot as well as his passing ability. Needs to become more consistent with his compete level but has the raw skill to be a star in the NHL."

So highly talented offensive weapon sure sounds like a potential first line guy to me. Yet, his upside is only 8.5 compared to Oliver, the middle six player who has an upside of 9.0.

All this to say, read through the prospects carefully. It is loaded with great stuff, but every now and then you do see something like this and basing a fantasy hockey decision on the fantasy upsides we have just discussed might not work out the way you had planned. Just sayin'.
    14 Team Roto; Keep 25; 12 F, 6 D, 2 G; 10 Farm; 5 Bench; 5 IR;

Salary Cap - 102.5 Mil

Scoring Cats: G, A, Pts, PIM, Hits, BS, SOG, F Points, D Points; Win+Ties+SO, GAA, SV%

Keepers

F: Aho, Larkin, DeBrincat, Vrana, Bennett, Scheifele, Kakko,Tolvanen, McBain,

D: Heiskanen, Fox, Toews, Lundqvist

G: Swayman, Andersen, Copley

Drops

F: Gaudreau, Terravainen, Puljujarvi, Kravstov, Zary

D: Brannstrom, Cernak, Alexeyev

G: Korpisalo, Merzlikins

FARM: Rossi, Berggren, Holtz, Savoie, Clarke, Tarasov, Wolf

Dobber Sports Sophomore

I find that the ratings aim high- sort of on purpose and that while a few outliers will climb up a lot of highly drafted players are given a high starting rating to cover their bases and it generally drops off a half a point to a full point as they settle into their roles. Not saying that's the case for these players but just some food for thought.

I do believe Moore has boom potential though. The strongest comp- north south game predicated on speed- leaves a sour taste in people's mouth but a) Larkin is showing that once he figures out the basics (he has now) he can leverage his primary weapon (speed) to more strategically pick apart lapses in coverage. I just think "speedaters" sometimes take awhile to figure out when and how to leverage said speed and Larkin later breakout here sort of exemlifies that.

On top of that their situations are completely different. Larkin was the face of the franchise from day one and given very little in the way of offensive support. Moore is just one of many forwards competing for an opportunity which is probably the best thing for him BUT there are also enough spots available that he should be in a good spot deoyment wise. Theres also the small factor that hes on Bedard team. If he can establish chemistry the boom potential is ridiculous. Conversely even if he doesn't it probably means l2 type deployment with all the top coverage and game planning going to the Bedard line.

I don't own either guy- and although I'm a miro fan I believe Moores the pick based almost exclusively on his boom potential. Maybe im down a rabbit hole here but thats my read on things...
    Weekly changes- protect 6-12 each year determined randomly- and the rest stay on board so.its like a pseudo dynasty. 2c, 3w, 1ff, 4d, 2g

The scoring is skaters: g4, a2, sog 1, pim 0.25, st+1, and +/- 1 for forwards and +/-3 for defense.
    Goalies: W6, L-2,sv0.3, SO 3 and player scoring for G and A.

Rebuilding
    C- Hughes, Carlsson
    W- Laf, Slaf, Michkov, Buchy
    D- Weresnki, L Hughes, Clarke, Xhekaj
    G- Swayman, Wolf
    B- Wright, Sharnagovich, Tolvanen, Mangiapane, Schmid, Other Junk
    Farm- Michkov, Holtz, Stankoven, N Robertson, Cristall[, Cossa

Dobber Sports Sage

Quote Originally Posted by silkysmooth View Post
    Miroshnichenko. Has the skill and talent to be an offensive star. Was originally in talks to be a top 3-5 pick for his draft year before his lymphoma diagnosis.

Moore is solid, but he doesn't have that same offensive upside and "boom" potential. And you don't typically win 12 team leagues by hoping a guy pans out to be a middle six NHLer that can put up 50-55 pts.
    I agree with this 100%. Miro all the way. I could see Moore becoming a useful middle 6 forward and elite PKer which doesn't help that much in fantasy. Still wish Chicago had taken Perrault but alas....
    10 Team, 60 Player Roster
    G, A, PTS, PPP, PIM, BLKs, Hits, +/-, Shots, W, GAA, SV%, Saves
    C- JHughes, Trocheck, RThomas, Zegras, Norris, Bennett, PLD, Stephenson, Danualt
    RW- Raymond, Stone, TWilson, Toffoli, KJohnson, Nyqvist, Zary
    LW- Keller, Schmaltz, Bunting, Skinner, Barbashev, Duclair
    D- QHughes, McAvoy, Doughty, Heiskanen, LHughes, Mintyukov
    G- Shesterkin, Demko, Andersen, Kahkonen, Levi, Tarasov, Annunen

Notable Prospects- Nikishin, Kulich, Leonard, Wood, Perreault, Lekkermaki, Ostlund, Othmman, REvans, L-Heureux, Ivanov, Murashov

Dobber Sports Apprentice

I haven't watched Moore play much this year. I have watched Miroshnichenko in multiple Capitals NHL games. He has not looked out of place. As a plus in leagues that count hits, he seems to contribute there as well. In the near term it is Miro, as he is already contributing in the NHL. I think he sticks there next year as well. I think Moore is still 2 years off from contributing, and even then, who knows where in the lineup.

Dobber Sports Blue-Chipper

[QUOTE=Bubba55;2276888]I'm also of the opinion that Miroshnichenko has the higher upside. Whether he reaches it or not remains to be seen and there are some red flags associated with his health.

I just want to add her that there is not a huge red flag associated with his health. The cancer he had (Hodgkin lymphoma) is not the type of cancer who tend to reappear after the treatment IF the treatment was successful, witch is the case for what I know. I am not a doctor but my girlfriend had the exact same cancer and she is just got her last chimio in november 2023. Her treatment was successful and her oncologist said that she had no more chance than anyone now to get a recidive or another cancer. So I really don’t worry about the health of Miro…and of my girlfriend
    10 team dynasty (salary cap), start every week 12 fowards, 6 defenses and 2 goalies
    Fowards: G, A
    Defense: G, A, short handed time (0,25 pt / 2 min)
    Goalies: W 2 pt, OT lost 1pt, Shootout lost 1pt, shutout 1pt

F: Gaudreau, Matthews, Malkin, Eichel, Fiala, Zibanejad, Pavelski, Rust, Nelson, Suzuki, Eriksson Ek, Sharangovich
    D: Karlsson, Josi, Heiskanen, Montour, Theodore, Ekholm
    G: Sorokin, Bobrovsky
    Bench: Skinner, Mittelstadt, Couture, RyJo, Lehkonen, Coyle, Yamamoto, Barbashev, DeBrusk, Coronato, Luostarinen, Provorov, Lindell, Spurgeon, Orlov, Korchinski, Fleury, Samsonov, Blackwood, Husso, Vejmelka, Ersson
    Farm: Snuggerud, Miroshnichenko, But, Brisson, Rosen